Refunds

I don't want any money back, I'm going to renew this years ST's as normal even though i'm unlikely to get to Ibrox BUT it's an absolute piss take to not even offer money back/a discount for next seasons tickets/money off new kit.
The club might need the money but so do thousands of ordinary supporters and not even mentioning what's happening by almost the beginning of June is pathetic.

Except, here's a 25 quid voucher you need to spend more money to use?

Piss poor tbh and i say that as someone who isn't struggling financially at the moment

Has this years Season Tickets Terms & Conditions had any changes?
I am aware of a fan who is pursuing the SPFL for the refund of the unfulfilled fixtures on his Rangers season ticket. His logic being that the SPFL ended the season prematurely resulting in Rangers being unable to fulfil their fixtures despite their publicly stated desire to do so. He's apparently sought legal advice and his plan is to take through small claims court. His ultimate aim is to open the floodgates and bankrupt the corrupt fuckers. More power to his elbow.

Please tell me how on earth that is going to work,genuine question?

I'm not the expert on how it would work. All I can say is that we can't go from no fans to a full stadium over night. They just won't let that happen

I am aware of a fan who is pursuing the SPFL for the refund of the unfulfilled fixtures on his Rangers season ticket. His logic being that the SPFL ended the season prematurely resulting in Rangers being unable to fulfil their fixtures despite their publicly stated desire to do so. He's apparently sought legal advice and his plan is to take through small claims court. His ultimate aim is to open the floodgates and bankrupt the corrupt fuckers. More power to his elbow.

This should be made a sticky on its own thread to track progress.

I'm really wondering what people will do if they pay for a full ST and don't get to see a game this season.

It's not as if a switch will be pressed and we will be back to 50,000 at Ibrox again. Not a chance is that happening next season. It will start with maybe 10,000 and increase it gradually from there

No it won't.

Q up to leave the ground 2m apart

The govt will realise it is impossible to social distance so will not allow any crowds for quite a while

It won't work.

It will be like a switch . One day it will be unsafe and behind closed doors and the next day it will be 50k at Ibrox. For the simply reason that it would never work. For example they play a old firm game behind closed doors. So everyone is gonna pay their usual ticket price but some are gonna be told you paid to get access to Celtic while some get told sorry you have access to Hamilton at home . Never gonna happen . They either let everyone in or no one

I have a mate that has 4 seats in hospitality for all home league games.
Works out between £900-£1200 per game.
He's been offered 7.5% of next years renewal price and a free friendly if purchased before 29th may

Hospitality season tickets holders can also apply for refunds for the games that didn't take place and each case will be reviewed by the board prior to approval.

Firstly, I do not want a refund, but that's me personally. BUT there are probably plenty out there who could really use around £100 so I think it's appalling bears are slating others who may be in dire straights and have family to look after.

My view is I would have liked the club to have offered, even doing what Thistle did and ask that they decline the offer if financially possible. The £25 gift voucher annoys me as it is only useful if we spend more money.
Also I think the Club were a bit cheeky launching Mygers at a time like this, it should have been deferred until next year imho.

I will be renewing :)

They are employees. Nothing more. Well paid admittedly but employees nevertheless. Do we expect those on furlough, for example, to reject the payments they receive from their employers/the Government?
Hello have.been to busy painting to reply, but cannot agree with you in any way there are guys going every week on the minimum wage and ask for nothing from anyone all I am saying on 20tho a week it's not a big sacrifice ,in fact no sacrifice I always thought we were all in it together ,I got that wrong.

I personally think anyone worried about a refund from any games home or away should take a good look in the mirror, greetin and squabbling about "its ma money" or "A want ma score back".....hopefully those so concerned about their measley refund never ever purchase another ticket home or away so it provides the opportunity for someone who wants to support the club through thick and thin the chance... Imagine greetin over £25....I'm embarrassed

You should be after that post, tbh.

Hello have.been to busy painting to reply, but cannot agree with you in any way there are guys going every week on the minimum wage and ask for nothing from anyone all I am saying on 20tho a week it's not a big sacrifice ,in fact no sacrifice I always thought we were all in it together ,I got that wrong.

Giving up a weeks salary is giving up a weeks salary though. The figures involved may differ but the principle remains the same.

We can argue about whether the Club should, or could, make the offer - but, for me, it’s not the players, or any other employee’s, responsibility.

Should have been automatic refund for that you would think
I assumed club waiting till they knew the game was cancelled before progressing anything
I had assumed it was lost money and same terms and conditions would apply as per season tickets
But poster suggested they are working through them so give it a week or two and see where it goes

It's not impossible that their financial situation could've changed massively since last year when they bought it.
It’s 60 quid mate. Anyone who can buy a 600 quid season ticket in August and “needs” 60 quid in May clearly had bigger problems than go getting a refund that he’s not entitled to

If they have 40000 season ticket holders all taking back £100 each then thats 4 million. I dont know how many ST Holders they have and dont care so could be more or less than that. Although i dont think everyone would take them up on the offer but wouldnt be surprised if most the manky mob did so would be out a decent b7it on top of all other overheads.

Admin 2 for them :)) :)) :))
Boy a used to work with is taking the refund and then spending it in their club shop so he gets something for his money.

“To help pay this year’s season ticket”.
A ticket that you’ll be first in line to demand another refund for if you don’t get the full quota of games, which is very likely.
Just as well the vast majority can see what the consequences of taking money back will mean for the club.
Either no club or a club too
weak to even think about league titles is the likelihood.
Could you live with that for a few sheckles?
You don’t even know peoples situation. This money could be a big deal for some

It’s 60 quid mate. Anyone who can buy a 600 quid season ticket in August and “needs” 60 quid in May clearly had bigger problems than go getting a refund that he’s not entitled to

Yeah I get that mate but the world is a far different place now than it was 12 months ago.

In my book everyone is absolutely entitled to a refund, maybe not in the T&C's but certainly morally.

If they have 40000 season ticket holders all taking back £100 each then thats 4 million. I dont know how many ST Holders they have and dont care so could be more or less than that. Although i dont think everyone would take them up on the offer but wouldnt be surprised if most the manky mob did so would be out a decent b7it on top of all other overheads.

Admin 2 for them :)) :)) :))
Have we refunded the 800 poets that were due to pollute the air in March

I wish Rangers had offered refunds to stop all this bleeding hearts crap.
Let's be honest you'd be lucky if this affects a few dozen fans enough to want their money back.

Rangers have the most loyal support in the UK and I'm pretty sure their £25 voucher outlay to everyone will probably cost them more in the long run.
A few needy fans and and a few more tight arses would be less costly for the club IMO.

Of all our season ticket holders, I'd make a safe bet that I'm financially in the bottom 5% and I think most ST holders will have the same mindset as myself in regards taking cash from the club.

Never in a million years would I have thought it possible to go through what we endured in 2012.

I never want to be in that position again and I categorically refuse to contribute to that possibility.
I could never live with myself for being part of taking Rangers away from my children and their children.

Each to their own.

“To help pay this year’s season ticket”.
A ticket that you’ll be first in line to demand another refund for if you don’t get the full quota of games, which is very likely.
Just as well the vast majority can see what the consequences of taking money back will mean for the club.
Either no club or a club too
weak to even think about league titles is the likelihood.
Could you live with that for a few sheckles?

Not really a fan of this guilt trip approach to things.

Im not looking for a refund but certainly wouldn’t judge anyone who does.

Many people’s lives will have been turned up side down in these last few months and, whisper it, they may have things to worry about other than Rangers.

Not really a fan of this guilt trip approach to things.

Im not looking for a refund but certainly wouldn’t judge anyone who does.

Many people’s lives will have been turned up side down in these last few months and, whisper it, they may have things to worry about other than Rangers.
I was quoting a guy who wanted to use his refund to pay towards this year's ST, so I think it was entirely justified.

Offer should have been made to allow every STH the choice and I think the money should have then went into the youth academy.

Your money refund could even have went towards the rangers lotto or something to reinvest.

I'm 100% not surprised that they just made the decision anyway.

I also think its nonsense for anyone to have a go at anyone who is questioning this......its a very fair point and the club shouldn't just presume and act on behalf of 45K folk.

£25 voucher replaced by donation to charity or reinvestment as an example would be respected more imo.

Yeah I get that mate but the world is a far different place now than it was 12 months ago.

In my book everyone is absolutely entitled to a refund, maybe not in the T&C's but certainly morally.
I understand it’s different now but rangers aren’t dipping your pocket, you paid the money almost a year ago.

There’s nothing immoral about not paying you money you are not due. I paid for a golf membership at the start of the year. They are not refunding me for the three months they’ve been shut and I’m not expecting them to. What’s more I wouldn’t ask them to.

I’m paid up for a years car insurance since March 1st, I’ve not driven in months. I’m not getting a refund on that. Council tax? Road tax? The list goes on

Can you tell me where you buy 5 Rangers home tickets, one of them an Old Firm game, for 60 quid?
£60 on top of the £25 I meant and you’re not refunding an old firm game at 50 quid are you? Your dividing 19 games by the cost of the season ticket, that’s your ticket price, doesn’t matter if it’s Celtic or Hamilton.

£60 on top of the £25 I meant and you’re not refunding an old firm game at 50 quid are you? Your dividing 19 games by the cost of the season ticket, that’s your ticket price, doesn’t matter if it’s Celtic or Hamilton.
You quoted a £600 quid season ticket and said it would be a 60 pound refund.
Even allowing for the £25 pound voucher, then you're saying £85 for the 5 remaining games.

So the first 14 home games are worth £515 or £37 each, the last 5 are only £17 each?

If you using a £600 ticket as your example (which you are) then it's roughly £32 per game.

So where does £60 come from?

You quoted a £600 quid season ticket and said it would be a 60 pound refund.
Even allowing for the £25 pound voucher, then you're saying £85 for the 5 remaining games.

So the first 14 home games are worth £515 or £37 each, the last 5 are only £17 each?

If you using a £600 ticket as your example (which you are) then it's roughly £32 per game.

So where does £60 come from?
You’re genuinely wanting a £160 refund? For something completely outwith the clubs control. A potential £6.5 million pound liability for the club. %^*& me your delusional.

Put your calculator away and have a beer. If you’ve got a spare tenner to still enjoy it

I understand it’s different now but Rangers aren’t dipping your pocket, you paid the money almost a year ago.

There’s nothing immoral about not paying you money you are not due. I paid for a golf membership at the start of the year. They are not refunding me for the three months they’ve been shut and I’m not expecting them to. What’s more I wouldn’t ask them to.

I’m paid up for a years car insurance since March 1st, I’ve not driven in months. I’m not getting a refund on that. Council tax? Road tax? The list goes on

See I don't buy that at all. IMO anyone who wants it is absolutely entitled to it.

If you pay for a product of X games & you only get Y you should get a refund - if you want it.

For me the issue isn't around whether folk want a refund or not it's about choice. Rangers (& other clubs to be fair) are removing that choice & I don't think that's right.

See I don't buy that at all. IMO anyone who wants it is absolutely entitled to it.

If you pay for a product of X games & you only get Y you should get a refund - if you want it.
You bought a season, you got a season.

Your problem is you thought you were buying 19 games. You weren’t

I understand it’s different now but Rangers aren’t dipping your pocket, you paid the money almost a year ago.

Some things are different

But did you pay for a holiday that was cancelled?
Irrespective of whether you have or have not - would you allow them to keep your money had you paid up front? If not why not? Given your ability to give up money easily without question from various sources

Absolute nonsense.

If you're happy with that fair enough.
What’s nonsense about it? It’s literally the terms and conditions. It specifies no set amount of games. You don’t have to like it but it’s a fact.

Answer me this, there are years where we’ve played only 18 league home games and 20 away games due to the Top 6 split. You didn’t get a refund those years either. Did you ask for one?

Back