Refunds

Some things are different

But did you pay for a holiday that was cancelled?
Irrespective of whether you have or have not - would you allow them to keep your money had you paid up front?
You bought a holiday, it got cancelled, you got refunded.

You bought a season. The season got played, you had access to every game and now it’s is finished. It’s really that simple.

I understand it’s different now but Rangers aren’t dipping your pocket, you paid the money almost a year ago.

There’s nothing immoral about not paying you money you are not due. I paid for a golf membership at the start of the year. They are not refunding me for the three months they’ve been shut and I’m not expecting them to. What’s more I wouldn’t ask them to.

I’m paid up for a years car insurance since March 1st, I’ve not driven in months. I’m not getting a refund on that. Council tax? Road tax? The list goes on

The golf membership is not really comparable unless you have limited usage - paying a membership for 19 rounds a year, for example.

The Club should have questioned the SPFL on behalf of season ticket holders and made them answer publicly. I've asked @Greg Marshall a couple of times if the Club have made a representation to the SPFL, yet to receive a response.

I think it's wrong for Scottish football to simply shrug its shoulders and ignore supporters. Apparently television and sponsors are able to get a refund, why not fans?

The Club should have addressed this better.

What’s nonsense about it? It’s literally the terms and conditions. It specifies no set amount of games. You don’t have to like it but it’s a fact.

Answer me this, there are years where we’ve played only 18 league home games and 20 away games due to the Top 6 split. You didn’t get a refund those years either. Did you ask for one?

You can quote the T&C's all you like & factually that is correct but morally folk should be offered the choice of a refund if they want it.

The split has nothing to do with it. When you buy a ST you know what the situation is with that & you know you might end up with the odd game less.

What you don't expect is for the season to be ended early with a worldwide pandemic & for you to end up with considerably less games than you paid for.

As I said everyone is different, if you're happy with that then fair enough but for folk to come on here & say "stop greetin'" & all that pish when they don't know everyone elses circumstances is out of order.

You bought a season. The season got played, you had access to every game and now it’s is finished. It’s really that simple.
Was the scheduled fixture list for season 2019/20 completed and finished?
Or was it incomplete?
calling a league finished before completing the scheduled fixtures have been played is incomplete

where is the official points total for the completed league table?

do they go with the incomplete league table points total or do they make up a new finished average points table to declare the season finished?
How many average points did the winners and the relegated team get in the finished league - just asking because I’ve yet to see the official final placings for the average points total league.

The split has nothing to do with it. When you buy a ST you know what the situation is with that & you know you might end up with the odd game less.
Clearly you don’t know “what the situation is” or you would know you‘re not buying a set amount of games. It’s not hard to grasp, I’ve given you a half dozen examples in my own life where I’m paying for something I’m not getting.

I’m not naive enough to think I have any provisions in place to demand services not specified in my agreements. I don’t see my golf club or the council or my car insurer as immoral. I know “what the situation is” you might say

Life isn’t fair. If you don’t like it you can vote with your wallet. You can take that as friendly advice or harsh words, I don’t much care

Or was it incomplete?
calling a league finished before completing the scheduled fixtures have been played is incomplete

do they go with the incomplete league table points total or do they make up a new finished average points table to declare the season finished?
How many average points did the winners and the relegated team get in the finished league - just asking because I’ve yet to see the official average points total league.
The seasons finished mate, Rangers tried to keep it going but it’s definitely finished, you missed the news?

I personally think anyone worried about a refund from any games home or away should take a good look in the mirror, greetin and squabbling about "its ma money" or "A want ma score back".....hopefully those so concerned about their measley refund never ever purchase another ticket home or away so it provides the opportunity for someone who wants to support the club through thick and thin the chance... Imagine greetin over £25....I'm embarrassed
Shocking post.

the club should offer. I won’t take it up and neither will most folk but the offer shouldbe made IMO

Clearly you don’t know “what the situation is” or you would know you‘re not buying a set amount of games. It’s not hard to grasp, I’ve given you a half dozen examples in my own life where I’m paying for something I’m not getting.

I’m not naive enough to think I have any provisions in place to demand services not specified in my agreements. I don’t see my golf club or the council or my car insurer as immoral. I know “what the situation is” you might say

Life isn’t fair. If you don’t like it you can vote with your wallet. You can take that as friendly advice or harsh words, I don’t much care

You'll excuse me if I don't much care whether it's friendly advice, harsh words or whatever.

The seasons finished mate, Rangers tried to keep it going but it’s definitely finished, you missed the news?
The league was finished on average points gained on an incomplete league fixtures campaign - yes or no?
and this is the crux and point of the matter, the incomplete league fixtures that formed part of season 2019/20 is one that also formed part of season ticket purchase before the season began with entry to all official spfl scheduled home league games in that particularl season.

The league was finished on average points gained on an incomplete league fixtures campaign - yes or no?
and this is the crux and point of the matter, the incomplete league fixtures that formed part of season 2019/20 is one that also formed part of season ticket purchase before the season began with entry to all official spfl scheduled home league games in that particularl season.

You're wasting your time mate.

It's in the T&C's and he doesn't care.

I never at any stage considered looking for a refund and am soon to renew as I have now set enough aside to do so,luckily being a pensioner I get the discounted rate.

You're wasting your time mate.

It's in the T&C's and he doesn't care.
I know it’s in the T&Cs, but the reality is season ticket holders were denied entry to 5 league games at Ibrox, games that were included in the season ticket price at the start of the season, some people are struggling financially with being furloughed or even made redundant and would or should have the opportunity of a refund if required- for me it’s that simple, even though I would decline a refund for 3 season tickets in my household,

Do you disagree with Hearts and their legal threat about relegation?
I’m a rangers fan, I could care less about either of them. I didn’t want the season to end but unless you live on the moon you’ll see that it has.

If there’s any more games you we can use our tickets, of that I’m 100% sure.

You'll excuse me if I don't much care whether it's friendly advice, harsh words or whatever.
Mute button is there if you want it.
The fact there’s about five of you on the forum complaining and 40,000+ renewing says it all to me. Most people neither want nor expect a refund and are happy to lay down another 600 sheets to risk it all on the same terms next year

I don't want a refund but I want to be asked first. It doesn't seem right that the club have taken it upon themselves to keep our money without even offering it back - I get that we need the money but many people have lost jobs and could also do with the money back.
Totally agree with you, the courtesy of asking would have been appreciated rather than taking it for granted we wouldn’t want any money refunded. Now that the season has been called, when are the £25 discount vouchers going to be sent out?!.

You’re genuinely wanting a £160 refund? For something completely outwith the clubs control. A potential £6.5 million pound liability for the club. %^*& me your delusional.

Put your calculator away and have a beer. If you’ve got a spare tenner to still enjoy it
No, no I don't.
I've been perfectly clear all along that I don't want anything back.
I've also been perfectly clear that Rangers should do the right thing and offer a refund but ask that those who can, refuse it.

It's clear from your last line how much of a prick you are.
I can easily afford my beer, but what an absolutely horrible line to throw out there when you don't know anyone's circumstances.

I sincerely hope, as a Rangers fan, you never fall on hard times.
It's a crying shame that you can't say the same to others.

Or was it incomplete?

How many average points did the winners and the relegated team get in the finished league - just asking because I’ve yet to see the official final placings for the average points total league.

Not that it matters a great deal but the final, fixed, table is on the SPFL website mate.

Terms & Conditions can be overridden in exceptional circumstances.
This is such a time.
I've said before, the 5 games are gone, we as a fan base have been mistreated IMO. but its done.

My main concern is, will the club hide behind T's & C's IF the crap hits the fan and we can't attend Ibrox for a huge chunk of next year?

I've said before, the 5 games are gone, we as a fan base have been mistreated IMO. but its done.

My main concern is, will the club hide behind T's & C's IF the crap hits the fan and we can't attend Ibrox for a huge chunk of next year?
Bar 72 has been offered refunds for any games played behind closed doors next season but as they now come under hospitality, the T&C's could be different.
Personally, I can't see any difference.

How about a class action against the SPFL for ending the league illegally and preventing season ticket holders from receiving their money's worth?
Unfortunately, it wasn’t illegal.
Its a members run organisation, and its members voted to end the season.
All within its laws and regulations.

Haven't posted on this thread but thought Id pitch in a view from someone luck enough to have been able for the last few years to pay for hospitality at the Club. This season is my 4th season.

There is a great deal of disquiet to say the least amongst hospitality customers. My own "loss" for last season amounts to about £1000. This will be substantially more for people in Members section etc. Unlike season tickets (which I also buy), hospitality prices went about around 5% for my area for 20/21.

To recompense for last season we were offered 7.5% discount on next season and entry to a friendly. Given the price rise above then this was regarded as very poor by all other patrons I spoke too. What stuck in the throat most was the tone of the original correspondence on this which really did come across as the club doing us a favour. Id have been happy if they had been honest about the cash situation but as stated the tone really was disappointing.

The unrest culminated in Zoom meeting chaired by James Bisgrove on Tuesday this week. I didnt attend as Im continuing to work at home and couldn't make time available.

Most patrons don't want the full cash back but, would certainly like some balance to be struck in excess of what was offered. We have now been asked to individually put forward a request which will actually go to board level. IM not looking for all my cash back, as per others, but I will be looking for balance to be struck.

Not meaning stealthy input, just thought id give some further input.

I suppose the answer is yes.
the players took a deferral not a cut.
all those wages and pension and NI will need paying.
we are the main source of income at this moment.

Bar 72 has been offered refunds for any games played behind closed doors next season but as they now come under hospitality, the T&C's could be different.
Personally, I can't see any difference.

They are not refunds as such but credits to our Rangers accounts so not cash back.

I suppose the answer is yes.
the players took a deferral not a cut.
all those wages and pension and NI will need paying.
we are the main source of income at this moment.
I think we all know that, we can hold out hope that the rich people at the club would maybe help out a little (players and staff) but its a vein hope. So its a case of signing up with a decent chance that you're again not getting what you're paying for. I've signed up again, blind loyalty!

It wasn't the club's decision not to provide the service. It's not really their fault any more than it's a supporters fault so neither should really be financially disadvantaged. The blame falls with the spfl imo.

I’m certain that the majority of season ticket holders will not be looking for a refund for last season, but the same majority of season ticket holders will want some clarification on the upcoming season and what buying a season ticket actually get them.

No, no I don't.
I've been perfectly clear all along that I don't want anything back.
I've also been perfectly clear that Rangers should do the right thing and offer a refund but ask that those who can, refuse it.

It's clear from your last line how much of a prick you are.
I can easily afford my beer, but what an absolutely horrible line to throw out there when you don't know anyone's circumstances.

I sincerely hope, as a Rangers fan, you never fall on hard times.
It's a crying shame that you can't say the same to others.

You want a £6m liability in order to offer refunds to every single season ticket holder. How many of our 46,000 season ticket holders when given the chance to anonymously get a refund of £150 would take it. If even a fifth take it were over a million pound down. I think despite the staunchness on display and given the circumstances here that privately that number may be higher. It doesn’t mean we want it or expect it. Turning it down when offered anonymously is a different story to calling rangers immoral when you don’t get it.

We lose at least £10 million every single year. We are a failing business with shareholders who are not fans and you want us to offer refunds to everyone when we are neither obliged to nor ABLE to. And the Directors will justify this how? Supporter revolt? Losing fans? Damage to the brand? No on all counts.

I love my club and if that makes me a prick then so be it. You’re the type of guy who would cripple Rangers for the chance of £160 quid that “you don’t even want back”. You sound like you walk around with a halo with a child playing a tiny violin to accompany your (second hand) tales of woe. Jog on

Haven't posted on this thread but thought Id pitch in a view from someone luck enough to have been able for the last few years to pay for hospitality at the Club. This season is my 4th season.

There is a great deal of disquiet to say the least amongst hospitality customers. My own "loss" for last season amounts to about £1000. This will be substantially more for people in Members section etc. Unlike season tickets (which I also buy), hospitality prices went about around 5% for my area for 20/21.

To recompense for last season we were offered 7.5% discount on next season and entry to a friendly. Given the price rise above then this was regarded as very poor by all other patrons I spoke too. What stuck in the throat most was the tone of the original correspondence on this which really did come across as the club doing us a favour. Id have been happy if they had been honest about the cash situation but as stated the tone really was disappointing.

The unrest culminated in Zoom meeting chaired by James Bisgrove on Tuesday this week. I didnt attend as Im continuing to work at home and couldn't make time available.

Most patrons don't want the full cash back but, would certainly like some balance to be struck in excess of what was offered. We have now been asked to individually put forward a request which will actually go to board level. IM not looking for all my cash back, as per others, but I will be looking for balance to be struck.

Basically how my pal and his dad felt mate.

You want a £6m liability in order to offer refunds to every single season ticket holder. How many of our 46,000 season ticket holders when given the chance to anonymously get a refund of £150 would take it. If even a fifth take it were over a million pound down. I think despite the staunchness on display and given the circumstances here that privately that number may be higher. It doesn’t mean we want it or expect it. Turning it down when offered anonymously is a different story to calling Rangers immoral when you don’t get it.

We lose at least £10 million every single year. We are a failing business with shareholders who are not fans and you want us to offer refunds to everyone when we are neither obliged to nor ABLE to. And the Directors will justify this how? Supporter revolt? Losing fans? Damage to the brand? No on all counts.

I love my club and if that makes me a prick then so be it. You’re the type of guy who would cripple Rangers for the chance of £160 quid that “you don’t even want back”. You sound like you walk around with a halo with a child playing a tiny violin to accompany your (second hand) tales of woe. Jog on
Where are you getting the "shareholders who are not fans" bit?

Where are you getting the "shareholders who are not fans" bit?
I mean that there are shareholders who are in this to make money. They are not Dave King they want a return on their investments.The company and Directors in particular have a fiscal obligation to them and any decisions taken must reflect this. Opening a multi million pound liability doesn’t seem prudent or justified given their is no apparent loss of customers and the t&c doesn't demand it.

Julian Wulharde is a considerable shareholder who clearly wasn’t raised singing the sash.

Borita Investments own almost 10%, don’t sound like fans.
New Trace Investments? Has Easdale still got shares?

So the season got played? So you think Celtic won the title? Because that would be the logical conclusion. When in fact the season was not completed.

this debate is certainty heated

I don’t think Rangers have handled the correspondence element of this very well and many of my friends feeL the same that the club almost skirted round the issue of refunds for unplayed games by offering the sports direct style voucher - and it felt like they were hoping Everyone would move on And they would never have to address refunds vs term and conditions question that most were aware of
In the clubs defence the season only officially ended last week but I would have preferred a holding statement saying that the club would look at unplayed home games once the next steps for the league had been decided
To me it felt like the voucher was the token gesture and matter closed

Unfortunately for some fans this has become a massive issue due to the economic climate

I personally will not be looking for a refund for my tickets despite it being nearly £300 I have lost
But I have a friend who if offered would take it
He is in the hospitality trade and his tips make up half his weekly wage - with being furloughed his wage is only based on his basic and he is struggling
He saves for his Next years season ticket Over the course of the year and had to dip into those savings to Live

£200 to him is massive and I fully support him
i get the impact it has on the club but when it comes to day to day sustenance and living I totally understand any bear that would take up a refund in this time

as a proud bear he has refused to let me put his ticket on my card as he is genuinely worried that he may not have job to go back to And how would he pay me back

for me there is not right or wrong on this Re what supporters do
I think the club should offer supporters the option of a refund ( it’s the right thing to do from an ethical standpoint ) and then leave it to the supporters to decide whether they request it

don’t get me started on bar 72 and the timing of the increase and How the future increase Was messaged

this debate is certainty heated

I don’t think Rangers have handled the correspondence element of this very well and many of my friends feeL the same that the club almost skirted round the issue of refunds for unplayed games by offering the sports direct style voucher - and it felt like they were hoping Everyone would move on And they would never have to address refunds vs term and conditions question that most were aware of
In the clubs defence the season only officially ended last week but I would have preferred a holding statement saying that the club would look at unplayed home games once the next steps for the league had been decided
To me it felt like the voucher was the token gesture and matter closed

Unfortunately for some fans this has become a massive issue due to the economic climate

I personally will not be looking for a refund for my tickets despite it being nearly £300 I have lost
But I have a friend who if offered would take it
He is in the hospitality trade and his tips make up half his weekly wage - with being furloughed his wage is only based on his basic and he is struggling
He saves for his Next years season ticket Over the course of the year and had to dip into those savings to Live

£200 to him is massive and I fully support him
i get the impact it has on the club but when it comes to day to day sustenance and living I totally understand any bear that would take up a refund in this time

as a proud bear he has refused to let me put his ticket on my card as he is genuinely worried that he may not have job to go back to And how would he pay me back

for me there is not right or wrong on this Re what supporters do
I think the club should offer supporters the option of a refund ( it’s the right thing to do from an ethical standpoint ) and then leave it to the supporters to decide whether they request it

don’t get me started on bar 72 and the timing of the increase and How the future increase Was messaged

Hard to judge anyone last year not one rangers fan would deny the club the shirt of their kids back.
This month it's not the club.but putting a shirt
on the kids back for some loyal fans.
don't judge.

Last edited:
Hard to judge anyone last year not one Rangers fan would deny the club the shirt of their kids back.
This month it's not the club.but putting a shirt
on the kids back for some loyal fans.
Totally agree - and in this climate and with uncertainty around how many games we may see live Next season - it’s a huge credit to the fan base that we are still stepping up And paying with the the possibility the cash could be lost

I really feel for the guys who would step up but can’t through no fault of their own - horrible place to be having to give up a season ticket you have had for years -

this thread always Makes me think of one guy I know season ticket for over 20 years but just can’t do it
Gutted for him and Know how much it has hurt him - But he had no alternative

bears are hurting that they can’t renew and also are struggling to support their family -a very bad place for some

You want a £6m liability in order to offer refunds to every single season ticket holder. How many of our 46,000 season ticket holders when given the chance to anonymously get a refund of £150 would take it. If even a fifth take it were over a million pound down. I think despite the staunchness on display and given the circumstances here that privately that number may be higher. It doesn’t mean we want it or expect it. Turning it down when offered anonymously is a different story to calling Rangers immoral when you don’t get it.

So in spite of my post clearly explaining my position, you still fail to grasp it and instead rely on your imagination to gratify you?

I don't get what part of me not wanting a refund you struggle to understand.

Let's try again.

I do not want a penny back.
I am not every Rangers fan though, and neither are you.
Some fans who aren't us could really use a bit of support, but you'd rather mock their financial situation.

And spare me the 'i love my club' pish.
You posted a shitty line about whether I can afford beer or not, rather than accept it was an absolute scummy thing to post you've hidden behind your supposed love for the club.

You might think you love Rangers, but I don't see how that works when you hold any fan who would like money back in such contempt.

The refund is a personal decision,with a lot based on the situation we all find ourselves in,people should not be vilified for wanting a refund if that's best for them and their families, i personally don't want any refund,as the cash has already gone away back at the start of season.

Wouldn't ask for a refund myself, but I would like the club to offer a refund to those who have hit hard times because of all this. Must say the clubs decision on this matter leaves a vapid taste in my mouth.

Wouldn't ask for a refund myself, but I would like the club to offer a refund to those who have hit hard times because of all this. Must say the clubs decision on this matter leaves a vapid taste in my mouth.

I agree and something that also leaves a bad taste in my mouth is players/staff willing to take a wage deferral, but by the looks of things not a wage cut.

I agree and something that also leaves a bad taste in my mouth is players/staff willing to take a wage deferral, but by the looks of things not a wage cut.

If any refund is to come then it has to come from the Club. The players are employees. Nothing more. Well paid employees but employees nevertheless. Its not for them to fund a refund to fans. Its nothing to do with them. Were I not retired I certainly wouldn't be going to my employer and saying I would take a wage cut to keep his business going if I knew I could easily find employment elsewhere. It would be full wages or I'm off.

If any refund is to come then it has to come from the Club. The players are employees. Nothing more. Well paid employees but employees nevertheless. Its not for them to fund a refund to fans. Its nothing to do with them. Were I not retired I certainly wouldn't be going to my employer and saying I would take a wage cut to keep his business going if I knew I could easily find employment elsewhere. It would be full wages or I'm off.

I am not asking the players to take a cut to fund , refunds. I just think when you have the present economical climate they should do the moral thing and take a cut.

I get they are employees but they are earning money that most people can only dream about.

As for you saying you would not go to your employer, are you on between 20-30 k a week ? And for all we know maybe the players have been asked to take a cut but decided not too.

Back