Refunds

No, I am highlighting to you another example. It is the same principle.
So you’re saying that you’re a better fan than me because I think Rangers should do the moral thing?

I didn’t say I was looking for a refund, I’m highlighting to you why others do and telling you to get off your fucking high horse and stop putting people down because for their personal circumstances would take a refund.

Fück me backwards
It’s the same principle to you not to me. Rangers are not a business to me theyre like a part of my family. I wouldn’t take anything off them, it wouldn’t even cross my mind. Especially when I’ve watched my club battle to keep the season running.

I don’t know you I’m not position to judge if I’m a better fan than you, but I‘m sure we don’t see Rangers the same way. Let me put it this way, we wouldn’t be having this conversation on our supporters bus. Take from that what you will

You have't told me, where did I describe Rangers as immoral.

I just asked if the clubs who had offered refunds didn't agree with your logic.
You haven’t told me what you consider agressive?

To answer your initial question most clubs are offering refunds because they are CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGED to do so. It says 19 games on the t and c. Which is why they are all accompanied by a begging letter asking them not to claim it

If ever there was a thread that Tim's could infiltrate and turn bear against bear then this is it. Just let that sink in!
Refunds, or lack of them, is a subject caught amongst a personal opinion and a business decision. Each person's view us relative to their own family and financial situation. True supporters will back the club but surely not to the detriment of their children etc. Others will be in a position to sustain a loss that is a fortune to others.
Take a step back.... If people can sustain the club then well done, others can't but that doesn't mean they love the club any less, the third group are stirring it. Don't let them.

It’s the same principle to you not to me. Rangers are not a business to me theyre like a part of my family. I wouldn’t take anything off them, it wouldn’t even cross my mind. Especially when I’ve watched my club battle to keep the season running.

I don’t know you I’m not position to judge if I’m a better fan than you, but I‘m sure we don’t see Rangers the same way. Let me put it this way, we wouldn’t be having this conversation on our supporters bus. Take from that what you will
Whatever.

look at me I’m an amazing fan because I think we should question people wanting cash back because of their personal circumstances

you might not be, but some boys will, they might just not speak to you about it coz you’re behaving like a dick about it.

Last edited:
I would never put a supporter down for wanting money back for a service that’s not been provided to them. You don’t know their individual circumstances.

heres another example.

You booked a hotel, non refundable pre payment.
You can’t go as the hotel is closed but they won’t give you the money back because it was non-refundable and in the terms and conditions that the hotel won’t be held liable for any cancellations out with their control. You’re the only source of income for that hotel, they say you can come again and will offer you £25 off the room rate, but they charge you extra to be a member of the hotels loyalty scheme.

do you pursue a refund?
Totally different. I dont have any loyalty attachment to any hotels.

I can fully understand your point but why should the season money be used to reimburse the minority? To the disadvantage of their team.

Over the piece, it is a minority that have been financially disadvantaged so far with furlough/SE assistance etc. Even those relying on Universal Credit are getting £100 more.

Moving forward will be a different issue with firms closing etc but I'd suggest if you need money to feed your family then DONT renew, it doesnt take anything away from you being fan. It will just give others a chance to buy from waiting list.

Please dont take away from the resources on the park.

Hope he’s got a better poker face than he has hiding he’s a poet :)) Not the first time he’s mentioned paycuts
I aint no poet ,But really struggling having to claim Universal credit for the last 3 Months and don't know if I can renew me and my 2 sons tickets.
At this stage every penny would be a help

I aint no poet ,But really struggling having to claim Universal credit for the last 3 Months and don't know if I can renew me and my 2 sons tickets.
All I know was there was a deferral obviously not the same as it’ll be paid back. It would be nice if the players even offered themselves but I suppose the majority will view it as a job. And sorry about your circumstances hopefully you’re able to renew and get back to work as soon as possible

If you are on Universal Credit and struggling then the last thing you should be doing is buying 3 season tickets. Even a refund from Rangers isn’t going to solve that dilemma. Family first.

Time to give them up until your circumstances have recovered. Good Luck.

Have Rangers offered any kind of refund for annual RTV subscriptions for overseas bears, that are mainly paying for live matches?

Totally different. I dont have any loyalty attachment to any hotels.

I can fully understand your point but why should the season money be used to reimburse the minority? To the disadvantage of their team.

Over the piece, it is a minority that have been financially disadvantaged so far with furlough/SE assistance etc. Even those relying on Universal Credit are getting £100 more.

Moving forward will be a different issue with firms closing etc but I'd suggest if you need money to feed your family then DONT renew, it doesnt take anything away from you being fan. It will just give others a chance to buy from waiting list.

Please dont take away from the resources on the park.
The point is still valid. I’m not taking any sides, I was just putting it into a different context and asking for the poster to stop belittling people that do want a refund for their own reasons, and highlighting that just because I can see both sides of the argument it doesn’t make me any less of a supporter than anyone else.

The point is still valid. I’m not taking any sides, I was just putting it into a different context and asking for the poster to stop belittling people that do want a refund for their own reasons, and highlighting that just because I can see both sides of the argument it doesn’t make me any less of a supporter than anyone else.
I dont belittle any fan but money spent on a season ticket should always be unconditional from a fans point of view. I'd prefer they refrained from buying this season if they think they deserve a refund at any point.

Over the years, I've had to go without Rangers when finances are tight. Its life.

Whatever.

look at me I’m an amazing fan because I think we should question people wanting cash back because of their personal circumstances

you might not be, but some boys will, they might just not speak to you about it coz you’re behaving like a dick about it.

To be fair he's consistent. He's been a dick about it the entire thread.

To be fair he's consistent. He's been a dick about it the entire thread.
You called me a prick, you both called me a dick. I’ve been suspended for less and I’ve been perfectly civil to both of you, you just don’t like the cold hard fact - you’re not getting a refund. You’re not due one. Like it. Lump it. But your no getting one

Both of you are too staunch to take a refund anyway. Looking out for the impoverished and down trodden even though it’s got fck all to do with us, hmmm where have I heard that before. Let the man who “needs” the money ask for it they don’t need you riding in on your white horse and then riding out again after a wee moan.

I’m done with this thread I’ll speak to you in 3 months when you both renew your ticket without doing a thing to help anyone get their refund when you’ll be complaining about big bad rangers not giving you refunds for the home games we miss next year. “How was I to know rangers wouldnt refund the games, it’s immoral, it’s disgraceful, it’s disgusting“ As sure as night follows day

I dont belittle any fan but money spent on a season ticket should always be unconditional from a fans point of view. I'd prefer they refrained from buying this season if they think they deserve a refund at any point.

Over the years, I've had to go without Rangers when finances are tight. Its life.
There will be some who will have to hold back this year xoz they can’t afford it which is a shame esp If they’ve been going a while

Some people, like the geezer youre talking to, just don’t understand your mentality. I share it entirely and it’s exactly what I’ve been saying to him.

He doesn’t even understand it let alone feel it and that’s why he’s raging at me.

You called me a prick, you both called me a dick. I’ve been suspended for less and I’ve been perfectly civil to both of you, you just don’t like the cold hard fact - you’re not getting a refund. You’re not due one. Like it. Lump it. But your no getting one

Both of you are too staunch to take a refund anyway. Looking out for the impoverished and down trodden even though it’s got fck all to do with us, hmmm where have I heard that before. Let the man who “needs” the money ask for it they don’t need you riding in on your white horse and then riding out again after a wee moan.

I’m done with this thread I’ll speak to you in 3 months when you both renew your ticket without doing a thing to help anyone get their refund when you’ll be complaining about big bad Rangers not giving you refunds for the home games we miss next year. “How was I to know Rangers wouldnt refund the games, it’s immoral, it’s disgraceful, it’s disgusting“ As sure as night follows day
You've completely lost it now.

I’m done with this thread I’ll speak to you in 3 months when you both renew your ticket without doing a thing to help anyone get their refund when you’ll be complaining about big bad Rangers not giving you refunds for the home games we miss next year. “How was I to know Rangers wouldnt refund the games, it’s immoral, it’s disgraceful, it’s disgusting“ As sure as night follows day
Report us and get us banned then?

1. I have already renewed my ticket
2. I will not be pursuing a refund
3. It is not my responsibility to pursue a refund on someone else’s behalf, we are merely pointing out that you are belittling supporters that are not in as healthy a financial position as you claim to be and are claiming to be a better supporter than them because of it. You’re not.
4. you haven’t been perfectly civil, you’ve implied that we aren’t as “loyal” to Rangers as others because we are highlighting another point of view that you down right refuse to acknowledge.
5. Again, nobody is “riding in on their white horse” as I have stated above, we are just trying to put others point across since posters such as yourself keep saying “you’re due nothing” or “Rangers need the money more than you” do they? How do you know? This is a situation that has never arisen before.
6. if supporters are “due nothing back because the season is done and the club filled their contract with everyone, than I take it you think Sky aren’t due circa £10m
7. If you’re not willing to accept that other people have a differing opinion to yourself then why are you on a discussion forum?

If your on universal credit and your considering buying THREE season tickets you need to have a long hard think about your priorities
I've had my Seat 40 year and recovering from Cancer that's the reason i'm on Universal credit because I was on it before this Virus .
But hope to go back to work in about 6 weeks ,is that ok with you

I've had my Seat 40 year and recovering from Cancer that's the reason i'm on Universal credit because I was on it before this Virus .
But hope to go back to work in about 6 weeks ,is that ok with you

Are you not, therefore, in the extremely vulnerable category (shielding)? Don’t answer if you feel that’s intrusive. If you are, you won’t be going back to work in 6 weeks and you won’t be sitting in Ibrox, even after they do allow restricted crowds in, next season.

Are you not, therefore, in the extremely vulnerable category (shielding)? Don’t answer if you feel that’s intrusive. If you are, you won’t be going back to work in 6 weeks and you won’t be sitting in Ibrox, even after they do allow restricted crowds in, next season.
I have atrial fibrillation, I still take pills for it after 5 years.
I also had cancer 2 years ago.
I get an annual critical illness check up at the docs.
I never got a sniff of a shielding letter.

Literally your whole post is inaccurate including where you said I called you a dick (I said you were acting like one) & I called you a prick (I didn't as far as I'm aware & if I did I'm probably not the only one by the sounds of it). You've had a shocker on this thread.

See you in 3 months.

Mate this has been going on a Year and just waiting on the ok ,I will be able to go no bother

I have atrial fibrillation, I still take pills for it after 5 years.
I also had cancer 2 years ago.
I get an annual critical illness check up at the docs.
I never got a sniff of a shielding letter.

My Mrs has two conditions, both of which put her at high risk. However, taken together she moves into the extremely vulnerable group. She got no shielding letter and so called her Consultant to discuss it and he confirmed she should have had one. 4 weeks later it arrived.

Its not been a great time for her but I’m f*cked if we were going to rely on the Govt or the NHS to get it right - they didn’t - so she asked the questions herself. Sometimes it’s best to be proactive.

Literally your whole post is inaccurate including where you said I called you a dick (I said you were acting like one) & I called you a prick (I didn't as far as I'm aware & if I did I'm probably not the only one by the sounds of it). You've had a shocker on this thread.

See you in 3 months.
Amazing how quickly some lose their internet moral compass once it comes round to renewing your own ticket. Is it immoral or not? If it is why are you selling out those you are desperate to protect? Because you don’t give enough of a fck to do anything about it, starting with upholding your own bloody principles.

As I said a few posts back, September 1st, you’re front and centre complaining about closed door games and the money you genuinely “don’t want back”. Guaranteed.

My Mrs has two conditions, both of which put her at high risk. However, taken together she moves into the extremely vulnerable group. She got no shielding letter and so called her Consultant to discuss it and he confirmed she should have had one. 4 weeks later it arrived.

Its not been a great time for her but I’m f*cked if we were going to rely on the Govt or the NHS to get it right - they didn’t - so she asked the questions herself. Sometimes it’s best to be proactive.
I didn't even bother asking, I shielded myself.
I hope your good lady has got through the worst of it now.

Amazing how quickly some lose their internet moral compass once it comes round to renewing your own ticket. Is it immoral or not? If it is why are you selling out those you are desperate to protect? Because you don’t give enough of a fck to do anything about it, starting with upholding your own bloody principles.

As I said a few posts back, September 1st, you’re front and centre complaining about closed door games and the money you genuinely “don’t want back”. Guaranteed.

Thought you were “done with this thread”?

I won’t correct all your inaccuracies in this post either if it’s all the same to you. As in the last one when you said I called you a prick you’re just making stuff up. You’ve lost the plot.

Seriously, stop posting. You’re making an arse of yourself.

I didn't even bother asking, I shielded myself.
I hope your good lady has got through the worst of it now.

She thinks that’s it ‘done’ now she can go out - but not to work, shop etc. We live in Wales. Very hard trying to convince her she still needs to be ultra-careful. I will take her a walk, early in the morning, along our local beach - in a very rural area.

Best of luck to you as well mate. You did the right thing IMHO.

Last edited:
These threads always turn into a competition of folk telling us how wonderful a rangers fan they are for not wanting a refund from the club. We get it you're a wonderful super fan well done

Last edited:
I never said covid 19 was a year ago

FFS I am trying to help you here. You never did answer whether you were in the shielding group when I asked. Most folk recovering from cancer would be as they are highly likely to be on immunosuppressants. If that is the case in your situation then you won't be going back to work in 6 weeks. If it isn't then crack on. I'd still seek advice though, its only a phone call after all.

It would have been so much easier to just answer the initial question instead of hitting back with the childish comment.

Naw not childish, i only said this has been going on for a year
You were the one that said Covid 19 wasn’t out a Year ago read it before you start trying to be smart

Back