Regardless of the outcome of the season Gerrard must stay.

For me the league is done. This is where he experiments on different tactics and formations with next season in mind. Next season should be his final crack at it.

I'm really clutching at straws I know, but if we win our game in hand and they drop 3pts in the run-in. (outwith the two head to head games between us) Then victory in both OF games would put us equal on points. our chances look dismal, but there is still a very slim chance. Highly unlikely, but mathematically possible.

Regardless, despite being thoroughly scunnered at our recent collapse, I agree with the OP. We can't afford to let Gerrard go for a number of reasons. We need a period of stability on and off the park, we can't keep changing managers every year or two and hope for success. We also need to think of gthe financial position in terms of our squad. We have invested a substantial amount by Scottish standards we simply dont have the money to go through that level of investment again anytime soon. If Gerrard goes, his replacement isn't getting anything like the same budget he received. Besides, despite not winning anything, there are signs of improvement. He's build a decent side and has them playing good football. (...most of the time) Our squad has some real potential for the future. Katic, Kent, Aribo, Hagi (and Alfie if he stays ;)) are all young players we can build a successful team around. I'm quite confident of that. yes, there are some of them are inconsistent right now, but if they all reach even 70% of their potential we'll have a cracking side. They are all here because of Gerrard. That attraction would disappear if he left. Also, despite our goalscoring woes, we're playing some of the best football I can remember since Advocaat. It's a huge gamble I know, we simply have to win the title by next season. However, Gerrard he has to be given time. The decision has already been made. I said when the board appointed him, my biggest fear was lack of experience and it would take time for him to adjust to the hot seat. He has to get experience. A three year deal seemed the right length of time to do that. We rolled the dice back on the day we appointed him and cant take it back now without setting ourselves back further. We just have to ride it out and hope it all comes good, sooner rather than later.

He Stays, he's still pretty much a rookie manager and learning how to get past an 11 man defense is a tall order.
Losing Morelos for most of January didn't help.
Kent trying too hard to justify his transfer, to the point of fans wanting him benched.
Mistakes by some of the younger players.
The back 4 trying to learn how to play with each other.
Cheating/Blind refereeing
Yes, at the end of the day, we are masters of our own misfortune in the League.
YET here we are, the 1st team ever to qualify for the final 16 in the Europa Cup from the 1st qualifying round.
Talked about admiringly thought out the footballing world. Except by they cuntz, the Scottish Media, Strathclyde police + the snp
Hopefully Wednesday's result + their lack of one, will galvanize the players into playing for the badge 1000% until the day is done.

For there's notta team

#55B410

The Summer transfer window will be the defining moment in the SG Rangers story. We know have a team capable of beating most on their day but now we need players who can ensure that is every week. There is no talisman in this team that when we walk onto the park other teams know its going to be a hard day and our own players know they can get behind when the going gets tough. If we can secure a player or two like that then the trophies will roll in.

The Summer transfer window will be the defining moment in the SG Rangers story. We know have a team capable of beating most on their day but now we need players who can ensure that is every week. There is no talisman in this team that when we walk onto the park other teams know its going to be a hard day and our own players know they can get behind when the going gets tough. If we can secure a player or two like that then the trophies will roll in.
Absolutely. Next season will be a season unlike any other. The pressure that players are going to be under from the get-go is going to be incredible. Not for the faint hearted on and off the pitch!

Sure we're 12 points behind and haven't won any silverware but we're still in 2 competitions, not to mention the result against Braga and the possibility of getting to the last 8 of Europe, we've come so far this past season, we're only a few quality players short from challenging for this league, we can do it!
I for one are backing him.
Yes there has been some bumps on the road but a gradual improvement will see us reach 55 under him albeit likely to be next year.

I'm backing him. We can and do play good football. But we need the relentlessness that all great teams have. That has to be addressed next year.

Back