Article Reginald Molehusband ponders - The appointment of Steven Gerrard is a massive risk for both parties

Other than remaining with Liverpool and working his way up over a few years, what other club could Gerrard go to that isn't a risk?

I'd argue he has everyting to gain and very little to lose coming to Ibrox (most are writing off his chances of usurping the bheasts anyway). Failing somewhere else like MK Dons, Charlton or Deby and the likes would have a greater negative effect on him IMO.

Rangers? Practically risk free for Gerrard, it is Rangers taking the risk.

The English Championship is arguably the most competitive in the world. Only a brave EPL Chairman would appoint a novice manager.
As said elsewhere, everyone has said we can't beat the bheasts, so what's to lose ? He'll get players that no other manager in Scotland would get ( including blessed Brenda).

The flip side of the he has nothing to gain coin

If Gerrard come here and topples the filth then he will be a hero beyond his wildest dreams and can then pick any job he wants.

We need to back him to the hilt if he comes to Ibrox, and more if we can, this is the biggest thing to happen to our club since the Board saved the club from the spivs, we need this now, there is no other way forward for us, it is a gamble a huge gamble but one the Board must take.

We need to back him to the hilt if he comes to Ibrox, and more if we can, this is the biggest thing to happen to our club since the Board saved the club from the spivs, we need this now, there is no other way forward for us, it is a gamble a huge gamble but one the Board must take.
Would think assurances would have been given by this stage.

The flip side of the he has nothing to gain coin

If Gerrard come here and topples the filth then he will be a hero beyond his wildest dreams and can then pick any job he wants.
Another positive for him is ok 2nd isn’t good enough in Glasgow, but even if he doesn’t win the league what a position to have on your cv.

It’s the mentally challengeds and the mentally challenged press that seem to be putting everything negative on this appointment.

Danny murphy, Alan shearer, Jamie redknapp etc all seem to be saying he’s the right man.

Only journos up here want us to fail so bad!

It’s the mentally challengeds and the mentally challenged press that seem to be putting everything negative on this appointment.

...........and abject failures. I mean, Warburton and Michael Stewart the latest two.

there are risks in life every day for everyone Gerrard is no different to anybody else. coming to rangers or not there will still be risks in Gerrard life everyday. but what Gerrard and the board will have to decide is it a risk worth taking for both parties or not.

This idea that after a few years in the Liverpool academy he will walk into the first team dressing room and replace Klopp is laughable. It’s never going to happen that way.

Gerrard needs this appointment in my opinion as it is a springboard to his dream job and as good a bloody springboard as he will get in his first role.

Liverpool fan in my work runs the Edinburgh supporters club and says that he reckons Gerrard will come to us but there will be some fairly obvious contract stipulations like Liverpool come knocking he gets released no questions asked etc. I can see this being true.

Back