Registered RSCs in Northern Ireland?

The clubs listed under the County Down Rangers supporters club banner.(According to a recent flag they had made are)
Ards chosen few
Newtownards & district
Bangor loyal
Meadowbank(Donaghadee)
Cresta loyal( Belfast)
Clough
Ballynahinch
Killyleagh
Jorg Albertz loyal
Lanzarote loyal(Ulster division)

The clubs listed under the County Down Rangers supporters club banner.(According to a recent flag they had made are)
Ards chosen few
Newtownards & district
Bangor loyal
Meadowbank(Donaghadee)
Cresta loyal( Belfast)
Clough
Ballynahinch
Killyleagh
Jorg Albertz loyal

Where’s the Jörg albertz club based mate?

Ards chosen few
Newtownards & district
Bangor loyal
Meadowbank(Donaghadee)
Cresta loyal( Belfast)
Clough
Ballynahinch
Killyleagh
Jorg Albertz loyal

The North Ulster Federation from what I can think of is made up of

Loyal bears of Donegal
East bank
Omagh
Castlerock
Portrush
Bannside
Castleroe
Coleraine true blues
Ballymoney true blues
Clough
Clough Loyal
Ballymena Legends Loyal
1st Ballymena and Harryville
Massereene
Grange (ballyclare)
Limavady and Londonderry true blues
Larne Rangers
Larne True blues
Kilwaughter
Claudy
Dungiven
Shaftesbury (carrick)

So the small village of Clough not only has very impressive club premises but is also home to two supporters clubs?? What's the story there?

So the small village of Clough not only has very impressive club premises but is also home to two supporters clubs?? What's the story there?
Not sure what happened but Clough Loyal was started and is a Harryville based club. A few who started it would've been from Clough

I used to be a member before joining the Clough Glasgow Rangers Supporters Club.

All clubs work quite well together in our area

Not sure mate but both clubs are very well ran and have good memberships.

Just then to confuse matters even more there is also a 3rd clough Rangers club but that’s the clough in County Down lol

Is there not a club from Articlave too or would they be part of Castlerock?
Used to watch games in the pub there when we'd be at the Caravan. A carvery and watching Rangers after a night at Kellys/Traks was hard to beat

Not sure what happened but Clough Loyal was started and is a Harryville based club. A few who started it would've been from Clough

I used to be a member before joining the Clough Glasgow Rangers Supporters Club.

All clubs work quite well together in our area

We do indeed mate. All 4 clubs in the ballymena area always work well and have good relationships with each other and always help with tickets and travel when needed. Way it should be.

As I say I’d always love to get a big rangers social club open in ballymena. For a town with so many rangers fans and loyalist bands it’s something we are missing. I know we have clough nearby but it’s a hassle at times getting in and out from the town. Pity we couldn’t move cloughs premises into the middle of Harryville

We do indeed mate. All 4 clubs in the ballymena area always work well and have good relationships with each other and always help with tickets and travel when needed. Way it should be.

As I say I’d always love to get a big Rangers social club open in ballymena. For a town with so many Rangers fans and loyalist bands it’s something we are missing. I know we have clough nearby but it’s a hassle at times getting in and out from the town. Pity we couldn’t move cloughs premises into the middle of Harryville
To be honest I think it's great having the premises but I think clubs who meet in pubs etc have the best of both worlds.

They can concentrate on following Rangers without the worry of maintaining a premises and all the financial worries.

To be honest I think it's great having the premises but I think clubs who meet in pubs etc have the best of both worlds.

They can concentrate on following Rangers without the worry of maintaining a premises and all the financial worries.

Suppose that’s true mate. Ballymena has many good wee loyalist and rangers bars and suppose maybe opening up a rangers social club might take the business away from them.

Moat, railway tavern, ladysmith and coach all good loyalist rangers bars around the town

Is there not a club from Articlave too or would they be part of Castlerock?
Used to watch games in the pub there when we'd be at the Caravan. A carvery and watching Rangers after a night at Kellys/Traks was hard to beat
The Castlerock RSC currently runs out of the Village tavern in Articlave mate.
The bar they used in Castlerock was bought over by a poet so they moved up the road to Articlave

The bar they used in Castlerock was bought over by a poet so they moved up the road to Articlave

What bar was that mate?

Watched a game in Berthas many many years ago

Rememeber doing a parade in articlave on a Saturday afternoon then staying there in the bar all day as we were in either Ballymoney or coleraine mater that night. Great spot.

Rememeber doing a parade in articlave on a Saturday afternoon then staying there in the bar all day as we were in either Ballymoney or coleraine mater that night. Great spot.
I remember that parade too mate. Absolute pish of a day. Think it was ballymoney at night. Was still soaking by the time we got there

Met the Banbridge boys in the sandy row club at the start of my stag do. If there's any of them on here please message the words to that Sammy Marshall song. Funny as %^*&

Would love to do it.

That’s one thing the mentally challengeds don’t seem to have a lot of over here is their social clubs. They have one in Lurgan and used to have one of the falls road but think it’s shut now! They just use their IRA slophouses more than likely

I would imagine their gaelic clubs cover everything.

They used to meet in a boozer in the Springfield Shopping Ctr Bangor,i visited a few times,cant remember the name of the pub.

The pub at Springhill Shopping Centre was called The Viscount. It was demolished when the new Tesco was built on the site. The Jorg Albertz guys meet in Bangor FC Social Club. Very good lads!

for any club wishing they had their own premises,i could give you reasons for but just as many against .lot of work,organisation of staff and stock,constant cycles of bookwork(like all day today) and regulation stuff for accountants,cops,council,brewery,bank, up keep of the premises and equipment etc on top of the football side of it.
no party I can tell you and if you have a good gers friendly bar owner stay there and enjoy your football and a few beers and treat the owner with respect and they will return your custom.

for any club wishing they had their own premises,i could give you reasons for but just as many against .lot of work,organisation of staff and stock,constant cycles of bookwork(like all day today) and regulation stuff for accountants,cops,council,brewery,bank, up keep of the premises and equipment etc on top of the football side of it.
no party I can tell you and if you have a good gers friendly bar owner stay there and enjoy your football and a few beers and treat the owner with respect and they will return your custom.
It's a fulltime job mate

It's a fulltime job mate
yip but without pay apart from our bar manager who we couldn't operate without and a few hours a month by our trusty book keeper .most of the members don't know the half of it.
I ve spent days on end since lockdown trying to access grants ,phoning officials and helplines and bit of guidance from the federation of clubs . heads and brick walls spring to mind but anyone that does it will know the score .hat tipped to them

South Londonderry
Taken from Rangers Football Club - The Ulster Connection book by Billy Kennedy, published in 2019.

"Northern Ireland has 60 Rangers supporters' clubs and groups, with members who travel regularly to Ibrox Park.

The Rangers clubs are located throughout the province with a number having their own premises for meetings and social gatherings.

A number of the clubs are affiliated to several supporters' federations who coordinate tickets and travel arrangements for games at Ibrox Park.

Ardoyne, Belfast
Brantwood, North Belfast
East Side Loyal, Belfast
First Belfast (Barrington Street), South Belfast
Jumna Street (Shankill Road), Belfast
Lagan Village, Belfast
North Belfast
Old Moat, East Belfast
Sandy Row, Belfast
Shore Road Loyal, Belfast
South Belfast
Woodstock, Belfast

Ahoghill, Co Antrim
Antrim Town, Co Antrim
Ballymena Legends Loyal, Co Antrim
Ballymoney True Blues, Co Antrim
Bannside Chosen Few, Co Antrim
Broughshane, Co Antrim
Clough, Co Antrim
First Glengormley, Co Antrim
Grange, Ballyclare, Co Antrim
Kilwaughter '94, Co Antrim
Largy True Blues, Co Antrim
Larne, Co Antrim
Lisburn, Co Antrim
Portrush, Co Antrim
Red Hand Thistle, Carrickfergus
Steeple True Blues, Antrim

Armagh City, Armagh
First Lurgan, Co Armagh
Portadown, Co Armagh
Richhill, Co Armagh
Tandragee, Co Armagh

Annalong, Co Down
Ards Chosen Few, Co Down
Banbridge, Co Down
Clough, Co Down
East Down Loyal, Co Down
Kilkeel, Co Down
Killyleagh, Co Down
Newry, Co Down
Rathfriland, Co Down

Ballinamallard, Co Fermanagh
Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh

Blaugh Orange and Blue, Coleraine, Co Londonderry
Castlerock, Co Londonderry
Claudy, Co Londonderry
Coleraine True Blues, Londonderry
Dungiven, Co Londonderry
East Bank, Londonderry city
Garvagh, Co Londonderry
Largy True Blues, Co Londonderry
Limavady Blue Bears, Co Londonderry
Lindsay's Loyal, Coleraine, Co Londonderry
Londonderry Loyal

Cookstown True Blue Loyal, Co Tyrone
Dungannon, Co Tyrone
Newtownstewart Royal Blues, Co Tyrone
Omagh, Co Tyrone

Irish Republic clubs
Dublin Loyal
Loyal Bears of Donegal"

Does anyone know of any additional RSC other than these above?

Of ones I'm aware of, the following existing RSC aren't listed in the book:

Randalstown Rangers, Co Antrim
Markethill Loyal, Co Armagh
Berlin Loyal (Shankill Road), Belfast
Ballywalter Loyal, Co Down

Largy True Blues is listed as both Co Antrim and Co Londonderry. I assume its an error or do they both exist?
South Londonderry not on the list, seem to be quite active, having fundraisers and the like.
Don't think there are any actual RSC premises in the in Tyrone or Fermanagh, not too sure about Cookstown though.
Think Dungannon and Omagh club meet in the towns Legions, Newtownstewart meet in the rendezvous bar. Would say the Ballinamallard club would be very welcome in the Ballinamallard United club house or the Poachers bar. Not too sure about the Fermanagh club but think they have had functions in the wild duck in Lisbellaw before.

Last edited:
yip but without pay apart from our bar manager who we couldn't operate without and a few hours a month by our trusty book keeper .most of the members don't know the half of it.
I ve spent days on end since lockdown trying to access grants ,phoning officials and helplines and bit of guidance from the federation of clubs . heads and brick walls spring to mind but anyone that does it will know the score .hat tipped to them
been doing the same for our club.

Still awaiting any news on a grant, ridiculous

South Londonderry

South Londonderry not on the list, seem to be quite active, having fundraisers and the like.
Don't think there are any actual RSC premises in the in Tyrone or Fermanagh, not too sure about Cookstown though.
Think Dungannon and Omagh club meet in the towns Legions, Newtownstewart meet in the rendezvous bar. Would say the Ballinamallard club would be very welcome in the Ballinamallard United club house or the Poachers bar. Not too sure about the Fermanagh club but think they have had functions in the wild duck in Lisbellaw before.

Ian newtownstewart still going mate? They used to be members of the NUF and took good numbers but haven’t seen any of them in a few years. Used to be a fella Gordy ran them if I remember? Used to never miss

South Londonderry

Noticed the last time we were down with ballymena they’ve a lot of rangers memorabilia in the Ballinamallard club house.

Ian newtownstewart still going mate? They used to be members of the NUF and took good numbers but haven’t seen any of them in a few years. Used to be a fella Gordy ran them if I remember? Used to never miss
Not sure if they still have a club to be honest but I know there is still a good crowd who meet up to watch the games in Newtownstewart and know a few from the area who would travel over 4 or 5 times a season.

South Londonderry

Think the Cookstown boys would meet in the Sons of William band hall , still plenty of them making the journey over most home games , although dont think they travel as a club .

Ards chosen few
Newtownards & district
Bangor loyal
Meadowbank(Donaghadee)
Cresta loyal( Belfast)
Clough
Ballynahinch
Killyleagh
Jorg Albertz loyal

There’s a third club in Newtownards, the oldest actually. 1st Newtownards RSC.

There are some amount of rangers social clubs in the NI, the ones I can think of are:

Limavady
Clough (co.antrim)
Larne
Whitehead
Carrick
Highfield
Sandy row
Barrington
Shankill Rangers
Lagan village

As far as I know newtownards has opened up a wee Rangers club to?

It’s always one thing I’d have loved our RSC to open up in ballymena

wouldn't like to be Lagan village getting u last

Back