Regretting not being there

I’m with you, had 3 nights holidays to take and sitting watching the news last night before coming into work got to me, the trophy sitting there in all its glory and I was too miserable to take 3 nights off instead of the one.
I did say from the off that if I didn’t get a ticket I wouldn’t go.
Like you op , regretting it big time sitting in work just now.
In truth I wouldn’t care where I was watching it as long as we come back with the trophy .

Im regretting as i type this wind and rain currently battering off windows in west Cumbria

Bag was packed last night cant sleep should arrive in Glasvegas 1pm

Same. My Dad and brother have just sent me a pic of their first pint at the airport and I’m nearly greetin’ already.

I’m in Sweden and would have struggled to get a ticket (they have tickets), plus work, finances and my two year old being a handful at the moment meant I decided against travelling.

Regretting it this morning :confused:

I should have dared to dream earlier and booked direct travel. My travel and ticket have cost me a fortune. I'm effectively burning £20 notes every 10 mimutes but giving me and my 13 year old priceless memories. He was born in November 2008. His mother told me to go to Manchester and pay whatever was required for a ticket back then as "i wouldn't be able to go to as many games after my son was born"

Shes now my ex-wife...

I have no regrets, I know my limitations for travelling now.
I have been to every final since 1961
Two sons, one Grandson and one daughter, with partner, are in attendance in Seville.
One ticket between them going to my Grandson, that will make 4 generations of my family have attended a Euro Final that Rangers have competed in.

Yup. Made a c&&t of it. Tried to do the right thing and spend it with my son at home. Gutted. Hopfully the smile on his face softens it when we win

Just watching all the brilliant fans you tube stuff from all over Spain, i will be with like minded bears tonight but am kicking myself for not "going for it"
Guys from Australia with no tickets flew to Dubai then another 3 or 4 destinations before arriving, great show guys you are all doing us proud out there.

I live in New York and am regretting not going BIG TIME. I couldn't get my passport renewed in time (mainly because I was too lazy to do anything about it sooner!!) so I've been resigned to "missing out" since the semi-finals. I thought I'd be ok with it but when we qualified I knew I was going to regret it and the closer it has got to the day has made it more and more difficult to take.

It's all my own fault and I'll never let this happen again!!!

Nevertheless, I'm a nervous wreck and cannae sleep!!!!!!!

If id had more faith before the leipzig second leg id be there.no ticket but id be there.as soon as full time went the prices just rocketed.so instead im currently on the megabus from aberdeen to glasgow to spend the day in rangers bars and watch it with other bears

Had that feeling yesterday lunchtime and ended up booking flights from East Midlands to malaga and worry about the rest when I'm there.

Plenty of folk offering to crash

started a new job 3 weeks ago, haven’t missed a home game in the full european run and I couldn’t get any time off - could have had a ticket too, absolutely gutted

I was adamant I wasn't going without a ticket, then had a change of heart through the week when they started setting up fanzones etc, was registered for one of the day trips and the flights changed at the last minute to Jerez rather than Seville and we ended up scrapping it as we couldn't work out how to get from Seville to Jerez after the game and it was a mental amount of money without a ticket and only really getting a few hours in Seville.

Raging at myself now, it looks amazing and it's only money, what a dick.

I couldn’t get the time off work and having just started this job a sicky would likely have seen me get the sack.

Having massive regrets now wishing I’d went. The feeling of losing a job wouldn’t even come close to the sick feeling I have in my stomach about missing this potentially once in a life time event.

And of course when I decide I’d rather chuck the job than miss this - I go and check the old passport and it expired on the 15th of May.

I have the money. My excuse is that I want to keep my holidays for visiting my parents in Lanzarote. %^*& that. What the %^*& have I done? My da would have got cheap flights to Seville as he's a Spanish resident. I've fucked this
Same boat, I’m absolutely raging with myself. I had numerous opportunities to make it over and thought nah, I’ll be fine, Rangers winning is all that matters. The boys I sit with at Ibrox are there, I have family there, I’m an absolute tool. Spent a large part of last night on WhatsApp messaging people and getting photos, they are having a ball.

Yes and no. Wish I'd booked flights after the Dortmund game when I first looked but I'll be with my family tonight celebrating together and just the thought of that has me filling up so %^*& knows what I'll be like when we actually do it

I’ve made peace with myself that I won’t be there.
Couldn’t go myself, would of had to take my boys so best part of £5k.
Can’t justify that.
A win is all that matters and hopefully a SCF ticket for my son.

My brother took me to watch Rangers when we were both kids, as he heard you could get in for free for the last 15 minutes.he is directly responsible for the fanatical love I have for Rangers that spans over forty years.

I could hear the disappointment in his voice when he told me he didn’t receive the confirmation email from the club 72 ballot. I haven’t been on holiday with my four year old daughter and wife yet, the cost for flights and accommodation have become extortionate to my family budget.

My brother offered to loan me the money to go. That’s the Rangers class that runs through his veins. I gave him my ticket and thanked him for guiding me to support the best team on the planet. So I regret nothing.

He is loving his journey. Told me he had already met a great number of supporters. It cost him £3.5k due to the late travel plans , bed and breakfast in Sevilla.

I have my father in law, two nephews who have only last year witnessed the magic of Rangers as champions. my wife , and four year old daughter to support our wonderful team tonight . I’m ready for the biggest staunchfest party that Wednesday has ever seen. I’m off work for the week.

Have the very best day celebrations .We are genuinely living out the most significant day in the glorious history of Rangers football club. How privileged we are.

I was fine until last night and one of the lads from our rsc had a picture up with super ally and watching all the videos of the bears having a ball.but at the end of the day I simply couldn’t afford it and I had my time in Manchester which apart from the result I wouldn’t change for a second.

Back to work today for me. Gutted. Sold my ticket on here last night and that's when the reality hit, on a right downer today!

I got asked to go also , I used to follow everywhere home, away and euro away trips my last trip was Austria.
I'm getting a bit anti social and the number of fans gave me the fear my partner was nagging me to go, she knows how much I love the World famous Glasgow Rangers but I persisted with no!!.
Last night got a WhatsApp picture of my mates in the Airport with Derek Parlane and watching the build-up show on BT Sport it hit me..... WTF was I thinking!!!
Stupid old fool!!

Big time, I had a holiday away last month that had been booked since way back last year.

Was in Manchester back in 08 and what an experience that was, being in Seville would have topped that.

I should have went aswell but need every penny for a mortgage, I should have still gone though I do regret it.

My mates who did go all got tickets aswwll.

Last edited:
The fact my passport expired was a thing that helped me be at peace with it.

Watched all the euro games with my two kids. Eldest roughly the same age as I was when I sat and watched our 92 run with my papa.

I think even if I had the money I’d still stay back for this as it’s been priceless seeing their faces.

My boy was in tears of excitement when we went 3 up against dortmund ffs :D have a duty to see it out.

Came to terms I really couldn't afford it as family holiday is just round the corner, ended up with 2 tickets for the game absolutely gutted. Cousin and best mate were made up when I let them know they had tickets

Regretting it big time the closer it gets to ko. Should have been there and will be a bit emotional should (when) we pick up the trophy.

I will probably regret not going to the game

I will be in Seville at the fanzone but was very close to paying £2k for a touts ticket but just couldn’t do it

I’m with you, had 3 nights holidays to take and sitting watching the news last night before coming into work got to me, the trophy sitting there in all its glory and I was too miserable to take 3 nights off instead of the one.
I did say from the off that if I didn’t get a ticket I wouldn’t go.
Like you op , regretting it big time sitting in work just now.
In truth I wouldn’t care where I was watching it as long as we come back with the trophy .
I was in exactly the same mindset,then snapped on Monday night & booked up.
Just about to take off for malaga, here's hoping they come back with the trophy lads!!

I will probably regret not going to the game

I will be in Seville at the fanzone but was very close to paying £2k for a touts ticket but just couldn’t do it
I'm on route now & feeling like doing the same.

Maybe be able to get one at a knock down price outside the game after it starts minds you....

Two of my boys are there, told me I'd regret it if I didn't go. I was adamant I wasn't going without a ticket. I'm gutted now, the more you see the support over there the more you realise you've made a howler of a decision.
The boys have managed to get tickets so I'm happy for them and winning the cup will mean much more than me not being there.

Just bought my first flat so I’ve made peace with the fact that it’s a valid enough reason not to go.

Would have loved to have seen the look on my mums face if I told her I’d spent my deposit on Seville instead though

Couldn’t go because of a very pleasant family commitment. Still incredibly jealous of those who could make it, though.

I’ll console myself with swooping in for flights and accommodation to Helsinki for the Super Cup Final, as the full time whistle approaches and while 150,000 bears in Seville will be otherwise occupied :))

Same. Could cry but my son couldn't get time off and had I went myself and we won not having that hug on the final whistle would break my heart more.
So long as I'm with him I don't care where I am.
*greeting again. Fucking been greeting on this forum for days.

I regret not going but it was never realistic for me. Haven't got the money and too much going on at home to leave the family for days.

It's tough seeing all the Bears out there and getting all the messages and photos of what a great time they're all having. But those of us at home are still the lucky ones, we are in a European final, the eyes of the continent are on our great club today.

Hopefully in 11 hours or so we will all be celebrating like mad, in the stadium, in the fan zone, in the bars, and in homes across the world. We are the people and we will follow near and far.

Back