Remaining games, points totals and what Gerrard has to do to maintain the goodwill.

We are 11 points off our points total from last season. Losing that game the other night, it was quite harrowing to realise it was almost exactly a year to the day that we lost 2-3 at home to Celtic which was proceeded by the arse collapsing out the season.

At the moment I'd say Gerrard has just about enough goodwill, if the season ended tomorrow he'd be ok. A few claim he is the man - no question, which I can't agree with. Others say he should go now, again I can't agree with that.

The remaining games are exactly the type of match we have stuggled in all season, and there's 9 of them;

Kilmarnock (H)
Celtic (A)
Hearts (H)
Motherwell (A)

Then based on current standings the post-split games will be;

Celtic (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
Aberdeen (H)
Hibs (H)
Hearts (A)

Although maybe not in that order.

People are talking about the rebuild Gerrard has in the summer. I think it's going to be really, really tough based on the evidence so far this season to get through those games with a record that will satisfy a fanbase that is growing even more frustrated.

What does he have to do to get pass marks? And is there a chance the wheels could come off like they did last year?

I would say you should GTF

It's getting boring now with some posters. This season has had highs and lows but we're in the strongest position we've been in the last 6 years. We've got a decent core of players after another rebuilding job in the summer there and we've also got a rookie manager

. There's nothing left to play for this season but Gerrard knows exactly what we need for next season going by his presser today. Instead of adding more pressure on him and some of the players we should give them the rest of the season to try get there confidence back and claim a place for next season.

We were never gonna win the league this year but we've had some great moments. I just wish everyone would lay off the gaffer and give him the chance to improve us in the summer. I know we are rangers and losing is not an option but we've came a long way the past few years and I believe Gerrard could be the man to get us 55 next year. But it's upto us the fans aswell to get behind him and show support even when things are going against us.

All this we are only 1 point better off than last season. Doesnt show that we havent improved.

The way the games are being played shows the improvement under gerrard, teams respect us now and sit in and try steal a point.

Granted we still need to suss out how to break these teams down.

But in seasons gone by, aberdeen hearts hibs etc.. have opened up and played us, and beat us sometime comfortably, if these teams done that this season we would be taking 3 or 4 off them.

We have our respect back and teams come up against us desperate for a point!

Regardless of the rest of season we are heading in the right direction under gerrard in my opinion.

Not buying that spin on why the shite in this league are taking more points off us.

With regards to last seasons 1 point less at this stage, we had dropped 8 against the mhanks compared to won 3 points and lost 3 so even this season. We are a lot worse against the dross in the league this season. "Having our respect back" doesn't make that acceptable.

Not buying that spin on why the shite in this league are taking more points off us.

With regards to last seasons 1 point less at this stage, we had dropped 8 against the mhanks compared to won 3 points and lost 3 so even this season. We are a lot worse against the dross in the league this season. "Having our respect back" doesn't make that acceptable.
its alot easier to play against a team that come out and have a go at us? Thts why we had so many points last season. We were absolutely dire last year. Celtic wiped the floor with us on every occasion even with 10 men they beat us at Ibrox.

Any team that try to come out and play man city, leave with a 5-0 6-0 7-0 even 9-0 defeat.

Only a handful of teams has came out and played us, rapid vienna, celtic, hearts, spartak moscow, villarreal. If these teams played us last season we would b lucky to get a couple of points overall.

We have done well against all these teams, and hibs being the expection when we dominanted but couldnt take chances, even aberdeen at pittordrie we are unbeaten coz they come out a bit more at home.

My point is if teams thought we hadnt improved and came out there only half we would be right up there.

Yip there have changed there tactics and it is working, i get that

Were not the same team as earlier on in the season. I think if we can get that sort of form back and add a few good players we stand a really good chance next season

They’re all dead rubber games now anyway so the amount of goodwill he can earn is already diminished with our last chance for silverware having disappeared in humiliating fashion.

He has to at least demonstrate he can mix it up, he’s shown no signs AT ALL of being able to do that and it’s a serious concern. I’m done with harking back to how bad Pedro and Murty were, it doesn’t make accepting mediocrity or failure under Gerrard any more acceptable, so all he can do is put the wins together and hope that it’s enough.

If we’re having the same discussions about lack of action and late subs next season, he’ll be a goner, because it’ll just continue to cost us points, games and ultimately trophies.

You're wrong about dead rubber games. We have 4 tough fixtures before the split. Then 5 games against the top 6 teams. We need to play Celtic twice, Killie twice, Aberdeen once, Hibs possibly twice if they make the top 6.

These are teams who have all shown they can cause us problems. If Aberdeen can string a few results together and we slip up a couple of times we are in a fight for 2nd place.

Were not the same team as earlier on in the season. I think if we can get that sort of form back and add a few good players we stand a really good chance next season

Someone did a breakdown of league form earlier this week. He broke the season down into lumps of 10 league matches. If I remember it correctly, the first 10 matches were our worst in terms of points won and, if we beat Killie today, the last 10 matches will be our most successful.

Hard to believe I know.

EDIT: 18 points from our first 10 league games, 21 points from our second 10 league games and, if we win today, 23 points from our last 10 league games.

We lost ten league games last season. I doubt we will exceed that this season. What remains to be seen is how many we win and how many we draw.

SG exceed expectations in Europe which was great. Sadly his talk of marquee signings for me nails it on that Morelos will go..but I'm excited to see what kinds of player's the Gerrard name can lure to get Ibrox with the money.

We use the remaining games to weed out our weak. Get as many points on the board as we can and put double figures between ourselves and dolly and keep a low single figure gap from separate entity FC.

Annoys me how many folk are just writing the league off. Yeah, we probably won't win the league but there is still a chance celtic will drop points. We hammered them last time we played and 8 points is an achievable gap to turn round, especially since 6 are up for grab v them.

We havent went on a good long winning streak but who's to say this won't happen. I'll concede when it's mathematically impossible. 5 behind with 4 games to go and look what happened.

To expect much difference is madness. The players are not capable of coping with pressure. I will start judging again next season. He should at least be phasing out the loan duds. That’s why Davis and Coulibaly is perplexing today. They surely won’t feature next season.

Bring your expectations down this team of players will struggle every week . You will be lucky to win 2 or 3 of our remaining fixtures .

We all saw this coming.

Game 1 after the Aberdeen result and it's dropped points.

Not a single change in shape, tactics, formation... clueless.

Play players who are actually fighting to Have a role next season .

If there are any of the loanees who we will not be able to get back/ or we will not attempt to keep, them ditch them.

Bring your expectations down this team of players will struggle every week . You will be lucky to win 2 or 3 of our remaining fixtures .

I called it in December with this team and was accused of all sorts.

I’ll repeat again there WAS NO title race .

Our only hope was a cup and we managed to humiliate ourselves and royally fcuk that up as well .

The buck stops with the manager lets see how we do next season , he knows and we know it has to improve .

I posted similar a week or so back. Based on our form against the top 6, we're due to win 3 of our remaining 9. Well that's now 8. Will 3 wins be enough to satisfy the fans? Depends how they come.

Draw twice with celtic, beat Sheep, Hearts and Hibs at Ibrox, draw away at Fir and Rugby Park and lose at Tynecastle would be acceptable to most I guess.

Back