Remember that Ghanian centre half playing in Dubai Pedro tried to bring in

Who was the South African guy we were linked with, might be under Warburton - centre half?

Edit: think I’m just making this up :))

Last edited:
Nah, nobody remembers that mate. Did his massive budget not stretch to that, or did he chose to sign alcoholico instead? Or did you just make it up?

Rashid Sunmaila.

He looked utterly awful and has had an equally awful career. Yet I remember people on here were so desperate for a signing, they were happy to spend £3m on him and pretended his inability to control a football was a good thing.
Tbf we had posters claiming Pena was a rolls Royce of a footballer months after he was here and had shown absolutely nothing other than the odd goal, to suggest he was a rolls royce

Was this the guy that sparked 20 pages of commentary about whether it was really him as the ears were different?
There was debate over whether or not it was him or Curtis Nelson another centre half we were linked with or someone we didn't know about

What a random thread :))

Good a place as any to add a random story.

Few years ago when we signed Joe Garner I made a Facebook page called Joe Garner (back when that was a thing if anyone remembers, Phillipe Senderos Loyal etc haha). Some Rangers fans like the page, then talk about the games etc etc.

Anyway, one day I got a private message to the page from an agent saying his client - Guy Moussi, ex Notts Forest midfielder - was currently a free agent and (since we knew each other from our time together at Forest) could I speak to the club and see if they would have any interest in taking a look at him.

So of course being a wee daft idiot I went along with it. Said I would speak to them and see if they would take him on trial. He was very grateful :)) After exchanging numbers I then had the real Guy Moussi messaging me on WhatsApp absolutely buzzing for his upcoming trial at Rangers that I had arranged.

Safe to say both were pretty pissed off when they eventually realised I wasn’t Joe Garner, just some fanny at the windup :))

What a random thread :))

Good a place as any to add a random story.

Few years ago when we signed Joe Garner I made a Facebook page called Joe Garner (back when that was a thing if anyone remembers, Phillipe Senderos Loyal etc haha). Some Rangers fans like the page, then talk about the games etc etc.

Anyway, one day I got a private message to the page from an agent saying his client - Guy Moussi, ex Notts Forest midfielder - was currently a free agent and (since we knew each other from our time together at Forest) could I speak to the club and see if they would have any interest in taking a look at him.

So of course being a wee daft idiot I went along with it. Said I would speak to them and see if they would take him on trial. He was very grateful :)) After exchanging numbers I then had the real Guy Moussi messaging me on WhatsApp absolutely buzzing for his upcoming trial at Rangers that I had arranged.

Safe to say both were pretty pissed off when they eventually realised I wasn’t Joe Garner, just some fanny at the windup :))
%^*& sake mate, just had a look at his wiki page. The poor guy hadn't played since 2015, assuming this would be 2016/2017 so the guy thinks he's finally getting back into the game, at Rangers no less, when it's actually mad Daz bamming him up through WhatsApp. Hilarious but cruel :D

Nah, he’s Jamaican!

Maybe I’m going fucking mental, I’m sure the guy was at Kaiser Chiefs at the time.
He now plys his trade for my local team in the a league, macarthur FC.

Played well on his debut, following week up against a decent team, he looked like hed never kicked a football.

Back