Remember the good times from the European Run

blueballs

Sitting at the airport waiting to head home, felt as gutted as the rest of us with last nights result

But we pick ourselves up again, cause that's what we do. That's what we have to do. We have a huge game on Saturday and the players need us.

Thinking back to the run,

Happy we secured the two goal win that we needed against Prague to qualify from groups

Excited and nervous that we drew Dortmund cause it would be good to see them in flesh but disappointed that was surely the end of our tournament.....and we go and gub them

Thinking back to how strong Red Star used to be and if they still were......and we blow them away at Ibrox

Playing Braga and thinking that if we somehow managed to get past them, hard but doable, wed find ourselves into the Semis.....and we did

Noticing RB Leipzig put pay to Atalanta and wondering if money really was gonna buy them the trophy.......then Ibrox happened

And we were in the final, the fcukin final. Roll on the planning and prep to get to Sevilla, great experience again, bar the result

I was gutted in the ground last night, almost to the point of tears thinking how close we came, what it would have meant, those recently lost, all the bushy stuff that plays in your mind and convinces you this would be our year, so I feel the same pain as everyone

But I'm proud of Rangers, fans and players alike and need to put this past me, the best way to do it is focus on the good times

And look forward to Tav lifting the Scottish Cup on Saturday

There have been moments in this European run, and I have some personal memories, that I will always cherish.

I thought the draw against Dortmund would be the end of it, that we defeated them by beating them in their own ground and following it up with a very disciplined performance at home was a fantastic achievement.

Walking out of Leipzig’s ground with a firm belief that we were heading to the final was another - to have such a confidence in a Rangers team performing in the latter stages of European competition is new territory.

The aftermatch of the Leipzig match at Ibrox - the immediate celebrations and the fortnight that followed.. just wonderful memories.

Reactions: VGM
I think we will all gain a bit more perspective on what this team achieved over time.

I am still too crushed by disappointment to have that 'bigger picture' view at the moment.

I don't think I've ever seen a fans/team bond like this one before, and the European run brought that to the surface. The whole campaign after we qualified from the groups to the final was a joy. Hopefully we do it again soon, and win a Final.

Leipzig was the best game I've ever been to.

Last night sours for me tbh but hopefully over time I begin to appreciate it again.

Back