Remember the Wink

Govan36

10 years since we lost Gadger, a big loss.

y5D0IQ3.jpg

Had the pleasure of meeting him & sharing many a youth game with him back in the days with @Laudrup1 & @rangeral

A fantastic man

Aye, a mountain of a man in more ways than one.

Used to love the abuse his dished out to opposing fans. Feart of no one and it led to some comical happenings.

Can't believe it's a decade either. I mind his wee grandson that used to run about at the games at Auchenhowie too who he doted on. He'll be about 15 now too!

Jesus, can’t believe that it has been ten years. First time I met him o was a wee boy and I thought he was the coolest guy ever!
Garry was an absolute gentleman and as big a bluenose as you will ever meet. A sad loss to the Rangers family, hard to believe it was 10 years ago.

And he was a cool guy, but those fucking kids of his :eek:o_O:p:):):)):)):))

He kindly sent me a PM with Gordon in the TO direct line when I was struggling to get some tickets sorted out from overseas and was on a general thread. Always regarded him as a true gentleman.

Remember him & Gordon way back when the reserve league west was on the go. Any reserve/youth game i attended they were there.
Can't believe it's been that long.

Sad sad day when he passed, can't belive it was ten years ago. His kids carry the tradition on admirably.

I’ve an ambition to fit a filter to Angie or a time delay just so she has a wee pause before she speaks – probably won’t help mind you!

Met him on many a Euro trip.
Heading to Leverkusen on the ferry from Newcastle he fairly shifted with the dance moves, his daughter was always there or nearby.

RIP Gary.

Sat behind Garry in Copland Road for several years

He was a total credit to the club and one of the loudest Bears I’ve ever heard at games. A trueblue Rangers man.

Went to his funeral and can’t believe it’s 10 years ago

RIP Garry

Didn’t know him personally but a memory popped up on my Facebook today with a quote from him when asked what his favourite rangers game on tv was and his reply was “I don’t know Iv never seen them on tv”
That was in response to a thread I started on here asking what your first Rangers TV game was.

It was shortly before he passed away.

There are still times and places I somehow expect to see him.

Or hear that voice! :))

No matter where The Gers took to the field you would hear that voice. Great days listening to Gadger holding court in a pub in some far corner of Europe in the 70's and 80's.

Didn’t know him personally but was a well known face and poster on here when I started going to games home and away and in Europe.

Sure his boy and daughter went to the games also.

Makes me feel old and I’m only 28. :D

Didn’t know him personally but was a well known face and poster on here when I started going to games home and away and in Europe.

Sure his boy and daughter went to the games also.

Makes me feel old and I’m only 28. :D

Yes and still do

Correct , big man was a legend.
Went to Los Angeles with him and a few others what a laugh we had, big man never drank so he was my driver for the week and the worst ever at finding places
Sadly missed but he left behind 2 diamonds in young Garry and Angela. Even though they are as bonkers as the big fella was

There will be posters on here that knew a lot longer then most including myself

1st time I met him was at a U21 game at Dundee in late 2000 decided to go at the last minute and got the train upto Dundee for the game, at that time I knew a couple of others that went these games and got introduced him and offered a lift back to Cambuslang and then I got a lift into Glasgow from there as the other person who is mentioned above was with him

It is how friendships and helping others to these and other games starts

RIP Garry

Hard to imagine that was 10 years ago I remember it being announced on the old board. Am I right in thinking he had recently became an admin on here? Also speaks volumes for the man that he has(or had not sure if it's still there) a memorial trophy in his name in the Ibrox trophy room.

An absolute gentleman who it was a privilege to know .

I remember being pissed and knocking on his bedroom door in Tel Aviv at 6 am, he answered the door looked out and said, " Oh get to f*&k this is no a handicapped room!"

Is young gary not on this forum ? I’m sure he will be I played boys club football with young gary and used to travel in his dads car to away games so we could hear the tunes blasted full pelt

Back