Remember Timmy threatening legal action on Gary Ralston for his interpretation of Celtic's (non) charitable roots

Thats the thing here.
Too many of the scum support have brainwashed into believing this brilliant, romantic, and so very nobly, charitable roots nonsense.
Brainwashed by qunts like Keevins who conveniently omit evidence and facts and ignore important issues like Bother Walfrid’s departure so soon after his wonderfully noble concept got off the ground.
I keep hearing about the romance of this club, phucking vile yes, but not romantic

Celtc FC were formed by a sectarian bigoted clergyman and local RC wealthy businessmen, terrified of apostasy amongst their community who were using Church of Scotland food kitchens. They then had a stadium built before they even had a team, which they tried to build by financially bribing the best footballers in Scotland at the time, many from Hibs. Its worth also remembering that football was a strictly amateur sport in that era, and Celtc were already cheating. Sectarianism and corruption were the foundation stones of Celtc FC in 1888. Nothing has changed since.
If you look at the Salvation Army building at Parkhead cross the date on the front is 1887, this is where poor catholics in that part of the East End would have been gravitating towards for food.

Dont want to veer the post away from the subject.
I seem to remember scum ass lickers and associated tramps calling out for a star studded film about how their club was a real sporting institute which rose from the blah blah blah.
Ive not heard much about the making of this film now.
Now I wonder why that is?
I think that one with Phillip Seymour Hoffman beat them to it.

Interesting Tazza.

You got anything I could read up on that would allow me to shut this mhob up when the opportunity comes ?
I can’t remember where I read it first but it was posted on here some time later and it rang a bell with me.
Something about him being unhappy about corporate people making money from the club.
I’m sure guys like Mark, SDF etc. will know more detail.

I can’t remember where I read it first but it was posted on here some time later and it rang a bell with me.
Something about him being unhappy about corporate people making money from the club.

Thanks very much Tazza.

If you look at the Salvation Army building at Parkhead cross the date on the front is 1887, this is where poor catholics in that part of the East End would have been gravitating towards for food.

Not just poor Catholics, but for everyone, mate. That's what frightened the bigoted RC church. They wanted their own sectarian apartheid system, even for charitable food kitchens. Sound familiar ?

Dont want to veer the post away from the subject.
I seem to remember scum ass lickers and associated tramps calling out for a star studded film about how their club was a real sporting institute which rose from the blah blah blah.
Ive not heard much about the making of this film now.
Now I wonder why that is?
I believe that Cardinal Winning was lined up to play Brother Walfrid, and the cast of Mrs Browns Boys as the lovable Oirish family. Wee Eck Salmond as the first Sellik chairman.

Not just poor Catholics, but for everyone, mate. That's what frightened the bigoted RC church. They wanted their own sectarian apartheid system, even for charitable food kitchens. Sound familiar ?
We have friends in Dundalk & his surname is Fox !! ,not your typical Irish name, he told me he is a Tim by default.
He told me his grandmother explained that years before a depression or something the RC church had a soup kitchen for RC,s only, so his family had to make out they were Tim's in order to keep alive.
He does not have one good word to say about that organisation

The Gallant Pioneers
Thanks. It’s in this book where they state no money went to charity in the years stated above from Celtic? If I’m getting this correct a Celtic fan has read the book, a book about our beginnings, and then tried to take legal action against the author as he was not happy about this being the case and had no proof of it being otherwise?

I understand I may be asking a lot of you with that question, but I’m trying to understand the background a bit better.

I remember reading something about the Glass Stand which was only used by those who were using the 'club', to make money. Read it a long time ago, so my memory could be playing tricks?

Thanks. It’s in this book where they state no money went to charity in the years stated above from Celtic? If I’m getting this correct a Celtic fan has read the book, a book about our beginnings, and then tried to take legal action against the author as he was not happy about this being the case and had no proof of it being otherwise?

I understand I may be asking a lot of you with that question, but I’m trying to understand the background a bit better.
It is a while since I read the book, however I'm sure the same passage states that during the same period Celtic posted the largest turnover/profit of ANY club in Britain. Something to be proud of under normal standards, but it doesn't fit the narrative.

Anyone remember gerry mcnee saying this years ago? Was a programme on stv hosted by jim white. Same programme mcnee showed off his Mcgrory medal.
Its long been known about their lack of charity when they started making profits. As ever the cnuts deny anything, its their default setting.

I remember watching that. McNee was a nervous bumbling wreck. A tim called him out because of his negativity towards Celtic and McNee whipped out a Celtic medal to prove he was one of them. Car crash tv.

Indeed. Then they object when the discrimination isnt in their favour. They demand segregation for their children's education but dont want anyone to ask what school they went to.

He was said to be unhappy with the name of the club. Wanted it pronounced Keltic.

Also he was disillusioned with the reluctance of any charitable donation from the club to his parish so he severed all ties with them never to return.
Brother Walfrid walked away

I'm sure I read on here some years ago a discussion about how the Bunnet had revised the intro of the official club history to ensure it complied with/helped endure the myth of the charity origins nonsense. The original version said nothing of the kind. It was part of his rebuilding of the modern myth and smoke/mirrors of the club. Anyone remember this or did I imagine it?

Brother Walfrid slipped and slided alongside Canon Hannon all the time with every intention of stealing Hibs' best players.

They were and are still a Cancer on Scottish society.

Of course they didn't have to raid Renton. The poison was ready and waiting.

Celtc FC were formed by a sectarian bigoted clergyman and local RC wealthy businessmen, terrified of apostasy amongst their community who were using Church of Scotland food kitchens. They then had a stadium built before they even had a team, which they tried to build by financially bribing the best footballers in Scotland at the time, many from Hibs. Its worth also remembering that football was a strictly amateur sport in that era, and Celtc were already cheating. Sectarianism and corruption were the foundation stones of Celtc FC in 1888. Nothing has changed since.
Excellent post. Would be good if someone knew how to update their wikipedia page with that.

I'm sure I read on here some years ago a discussion about how the Bunnet had revised the intro of the official club history to ensure it complied with/helped endure the myth of the charity origins nonsense. The original version said nothing of the kind. It was part of his rebuilding of the modern myth and smoke/mirrors of the club. Anyone remember this or did I imagine it?

Absolutely. The rebranding happened under the Bunnet. Parkhead became Celtc Park, the Kelts became the Hoops, the myth of charity to feed the poor as their motive for formation in 1888 was eagerly pushed, and still is today by a compliant and degenerate Scottish media. The truth, however, can never be denied. They were formed by sectarian bigots and for sectarian bigots.

We have friends in Dundalk & his surname is Fox !! ,not your typical Irish name, he told me he is a Tim by default.
He told me his grandmother explained that years before a depression or something the RC church had a soup kitchen for RC,s only, so his family had to make out they were Tim's in order to keep alive.
He does not have one good word to say about that organisation

It was Peter or Christopher Hitchens, two acclaimed English authors/journalists. One of them wrote a book about the prune faced boot of Calcutta, who is now a saint.

She would walk by dying infants to try and feed an RC. Quite a task in India.

I call it evil, the filth think it is worthy of sainthood.

That is what we are up against.

Re the tims crowds, i recall during the 70s they always posted 27000 or 27500

True mate, but from 58 - 63 they were getting crouds of around 3000 on a regular basis, irony is it was a Prod from a good Protestant family that saved them !!

Thats the thing here.
Too many of the scum support have brainwashed into believing this brilliant, romantic, and so very nobly, charitable roots nonsense.
Brainwashed by qunts like Keevins who conveniently omit evidence and facts and ignore important issues like Bother Walfrid’s departure so soon after his wonderfully noble concept got off the ground.
This "wonderfully noble concept", was simply the introduction of sectarianism to football in the west of Scotland.
Hibernian had already done so in Edinburgh.

It was Peter or Christopher Hitchens, two acclaimed English authors/journalists. One of them wrote a book about the prune faced boot of Calcutta, who is now a saint.

She would walk by dying infants to try and feed an RC. Quite a task in India.

I call it evil, the filth think it is worthy of sainthood.

That is what we are up against.
Its been quoted on this forum before, but if you have a spare 30 minutes?, check out Christopher Hitchens's & Stephen Fry v Anne Widdecombe & some African bishop discussing " Is the catholic church a force for good " .
Fry was really good but Hitchens's ripped them a new one.
I've watched it twice & the mention of it makes me think I'll watch it again

They also seem to forget they had been originally called Glasgow Hibernia or something like that, played against the Leith version and there was bother at the match, over the stealing or paying of players.

Back