Remember when Eusebio upset the filth?

Banjobear

The guy has good taste :cool:

352je46.jpg[

My dad always insisted that Eusebio was the best footballer he ever saw so it gives me a great deal of joy to know that "the Black Panther" was a man of such good taste.

there is a great photo of Eusabio on Sauchiehall Street when he was over visiting Willie Henderson

Unfortunately no search function on the forum to find the photo, maybe someone else can post it?

Wish I had been in that room when he said that. :D Was he not a special guest of the mentally challengeds as well? Liewell's eyes must have went to normal size due to the surprise.

Wish I had been in that room when he said that. :D Was he not a special guest of the mentally challengeds as well? Liewell's eyes must have went to normal size due to the surprise.

Yes he was a special guest and he was photographed holding a green & grey top. I believe he made the comment about favouring Rangers a few weeks later sending the mentally challengeds into meltdown :D

Naw, the Japanese would have butt in tae extoll wee Johnstone as a match for oor wullie.

I'm sure I read on the old board, that he was great friends with Willie, and they met quite a few times.
Eusebio was one of the all time greats of football and an icon around the world, and Rangers man, add George Best to the list of World football icons who are Bears, and our own Claudio Caniggia.

They interviewed him in the Jimmy Johnstone video, released after he died. Genuinely he was like "Jimmy Who?".

Eusébio was a good bear for sure.

I am sure I heard that when they played against each other when wee Wullie asked to swap shirt s with the opposition player .He was told that Eusebio had told his team mates that He wanted the Wee wingers top .

I am sure I heard that when they played against each other when wee Wullie asked to swap shirt s with the opposition player .He was told that Eusebio had told his team mates that He wanted the Wee wingers top .

I seem to remember my old man telling me something like this.

I remember reading an interview years back with jim baxter,, eusabio was over in Glasgow playing in rest of the world v Scotland select charity game at hampden,,after the match baxter took him to some place in the city centre,they stayed there for a while then someone invited them to a party in drumchapel, ,baxter said eusabio loved the women and was all over anything in a skirt,, he also said that he could knock back the bacardis like he was drinking water,,strange to think one of the worlds top players at a party up some close in the drum

I remember reading an interview years back with jim baxter,, eusabio was over in Glasgow playing in rest of the world v Scotland select charity game at hampden,,after the match baxter took him to some place in the city centre,they stayed there for a while then someone invited them to a party in drumchapel, ,baxter said eusabio loved the women and was all over anything in a skirt,, he also said that he could knock back the bacardis like he was drinking water,,strange to think one of the worlds top players at a party up some close in the drum

I thought that was Di Stefano?

Edited, it was Puskas

Was lucky enough to see the great man play for Portugal against Scotland in 1971 (I think) It was a Euro championship match & Tommy Docherty's 1st game as Scotland manager. I was about 8 and don't remember too much about it tho I think Eusebio scored in a 2-1 Scotland win. It was a school night & If Eusebio hadn't been playing my dad would never have went as he couldn't stand either Docherty or Pat Crerand

I'm pretty sure the very first issue of The Rangers News had a photo of Eusebio and Willie on the front page. Eusebio was a fantastic player and had a hell of a shot on him.

Back