Remembering the cream of Jewish footballing talent killed in the Holocaust

Good article Suck. Interestingly MTK Budapest's stadium was used to portray the French setting for the game in the film Escape to Victory.

I wonder if any of the Jewish players who were murdered in the Holocaust and mentioned in the article were represented as the fictional players saved by Michael Caine's character Colby ?

Last edited:
Visited Auschwitz and Birkenau last month . The scale of the industrial murder is shocking when seen in real life.
To be honest it was a place I wanted to see but after being there it leaves its mark on you .

Probably get slaughtered for this but the Japanese killed more Chinese than the nazi's killed Jewish and the Japanese aren't persecuted as much as Germans, and before anyone starts with the "are you saying what Hitler did was right" no it wasn't right not been to Auschwitz but I was taken to jersey as a kid and still remember the caves we visited where the nazi's experimented on the Jews and they didn't hold back with showing how barbaric they nazi's where. Its just one of these things where history tries to demonize one tyrant from the next China's zedong killed more of his people than Stalin and Hitler combined.

Back