Renewal with name change

AyrshireRangers0508

I know, left it late. Had been thinking hard as I live away and not sure if get a lot of use next season.

Anyone had any experience with renewing a ST with a name change recently? I know usual process is to send an email with relevant details for the request but with today being deadline and with points for MyGers at stake, wondered if it's best to renew then transfer or transfer then renew. Would want the points attached to the new STH rather than the old one. Cheers.

Edit: to be clear, I'm ok with old history not transferring, just I'd like the points for this year to be under the right name!

Last edited:
I had the same issue this year mate, and renewed with the old details and then once I had confirmation of the renewal I emailed the TO and they got back to me within a day - gave me a phone call to run through everything and even transferred my mygers membership over as well - all FOC, was absolutely delighted.

They just said that they aren't sure when my new smartcard will get sent out but it will be before any games are played.

I renewed my season ticket, then successfully transferred the ticket to my brother in law, I would suggest that's the easiest way to do it in this situation. Good Luck mate.

With regards to points then I don't believe they will be transferred over as well, the scheme runs through activity and when I checked my old account versus new account they hadn't been transferred over (ie. all the extra cup games and EL games etc were on the old account still) and the only activity on my new account was season ticket and mygers subscription.

The points are attached to the person, not the season ticket.

If you change the holder, the points will not transfer over.

With regards to points then I don't believe they will be transferred over as well, the scheme runs through activity and when I checked my old account versus new account they hadn't been transferred over (ie. all the extra cup games and EL games etc were on the old account still) and the only activity on my new account was season ticket and mygers subscription.

I'm ok with past history not transferring (losing out but not Biggie) just wouldn't buy a ST if the points weren't attached this time around.

I'm ok with past history not transferring (losing out but not Biggie) just wouldn't buy a ST if the points weren't attached this time around.
I was the same mate re: transferring points, but my understanding is that the points would transfer for activity this year including renewing your ST.

I renewed my season ticket, then successfully transferred the ticket to my brother in law, I would suggest that's the easiest way to do it in this situation. Good Luck mate.

To quickly confirm, did the points for this season's purchase go to the account of the new STH or the old?

To quickly confirm, did the points for this season's purchase go to the account of the new STH or the old?
No one knows yet for sure but I would hazard a guess that as you transferred the ownership it will go down as a ST purchase and not an ST renewal and you will accrue the points for that - might be worth asking @Greg Marshall to clarify - but as you can imagine the poor bastard has about a million DM's to work through today.

No one knows yet for sure but I would hazard a guess that as you transferred the ownership it will go down as a ST purchase and not an ST renewal and you will accrue the points for that - might be worth asking @Greg Marshall to clarify - but as you can imagine the poor bastard has about a million DM's to work through today.
Yeah I've reached out but no word back yet. Would be typical for me to renew and then not get the points haha!

I know it's not what the op asked but since it's about season tickets. Is there a specific email address for seat change or do you just email the ticket office

IMHO - What’s the point in signing up to MyGers waiting list if current season ticket holders are transferring to another person their season tickets via a name change - if everyone done this there would never be any season tickets becoming available to service the waiting list - bottom line should season tickets become transferable to anyone other than those who are on the official club waiting list if current owner no longer wishes to keep it.

I know if I was on the waiting list I would be livid if someone effectively gave up the season ticket by transferring it themselves by way of ticket office to other family, friends and acquaintances who may or may not be on the official MyGers waiting list at the required points level to qualify being rewarded with a season ticket by what I regard as the back door

IMHO - What’s the point in signing up to MyGers waiting list if current season ticket holders are transferring to another person their season tickets via a name change - if everyone done this there would never be any season tickets becoming available to service the waiting list - bottom line should season tickets become transferable to anyone other than those who are on the official club waiting list if current owner no longer wishes to keep it.

I know if I was on the waiting list I would be livid if someone effectively gave up the season ticket by transferring it themselves by way of ticket office to other family, friends and acquaintances who may or may not be on the official MyGers waiting list at the required points level to qualify being rewarded with a season ticket by the back door

Have to say I do agree with you mate. But if the system allows it, people will use it that way.

I know if I was on the waiting list I would be livid if someone effectively gave up the season ticket by transferring it themselves by way of ticket office to other family, friends and acquaintances who may or may not be on the official MyGers waiting list at the required points level to qualify being rewarded with a season ticket by what I regard as the back door

In my case the original season was bought for me as a gift. I use it not the buyer. We've done it thus was for years, never having a need to transfer although probably should have. However, with MyGers, given I would like to also go to EL games away, I need MyGers points and hence the season to be in my name.

My season ticket has been in my wife's name, due to a password balls up a few years ago, never got round to changing name to mine.

As per usual I left it late and tried to get a name change before I renewed yesterday, reason being is I intend to sign up to MyGers but did not want the welcome pack arriving with my wife's name.

The TO did not respond in time so in a small panic I just went ahead and renewed and will deal with name change when I get confirmation.

Have I missed out on anything by delaying MyGers sign up?

Doing the same just now they advised renew now, then email the changes
Doing the same just now they advised renew now, then email the changes

Thanks mate. Mind sharing who you spoke to? Did they mention if the MyGers points for this season's ticket would go to the new name or be stuck with the old account purchase history? That's a deal break for me so desperate for a clear answer. No response from TO.

My season ticket has been in my wife's name, due to a password balls up a few years ago, never got round to changing name to mine.

As per usual I left it late and tried to get a name change before I renewed yesterday, reason being is I intend to sign up to MyGers but did not want the welcome pack arriving with my wife's name.

The TO did not respond in time so in a small panic I just went ahead and renewed and will deal with name change when I get confirmation.

Have I missed out on anything by delaying MyGers sign up?

Think ima do the same. Can you update here and let me know if you get anywhere? I'm only OK with buying a new season if I get this season's MyGers points. Worried the renewal will be attached to the old name and hence I won't get any here...

Think ima do the same. Can you update here and let me know if you get anywhere? I'm only OK with buying a new season if I get this season's MyGers points. Worried the renewal will be attached to the old name and hence I won't get any here...
Yeh will do, I'm assuming I need to wait for confirmation of my renewal before name change.

I half thought about not renewing and just buying a new seat in public sale, and I know there is a decent chance of one because of the virus affecting folks situation, but I played safe.

Yeh will do, I'm assuming I need to wait for confirmation of my renewal before name change.

I half thought about not renewing and just buying a new seat in public sale, and I know there is a decent chance of one because of the virus affecting folks situation, but I played safe.

Likewise! With MyGers only at 20k, most of those being STHs you'll be guaranteed a ticket. But still! Would be good to keep my substantial SeatSub discount this way.

Thanks mate. Mind sharing who you spoke to? Did they mention if the MyGers points for this season's ticket would go to the new name or be stuck with the old account purchase history? That's a deal break for me so desperate for a clear answer. No response from TO.
I never asked about that mate sorry - I emailed Friday and got response from Paula this morning.

Likewise! With MyGers only at 20k, most of those being STHs you'll be guaranteed a ticket. But still! Would be good to keep my substantial SeatSub discount this way.
I just received an email from the TO saying they have processed my ownership change to my name and I have been given a new Rangers number. No mention of any admin fee that is normally due.

Away to sign up for MyGers but my account online still in wife's name and previous Rangers number, will give that a day or so to see if it updates.

Just posting in here again to see if anyone has had experience with changing ownership of season ticket between say family members?

Does your new Rangers numbers attach to your online account? Or is there a procedure to change it? My season ticket has been confirmed as being changed to my name.

I had the same issue this year mate, and renewed with the old details and then once I had confirmation of the renewal I emailed the TO and they got back to me within a day - gave me a phone call to run through everything and even transferred my mygers membership over as well - all FOC, was absolutely delighted.

They just said that they aren't sure when my new smartcard will get sent out but it will be before any games are played.

That's good to know, I was thinking I'd have to pay for a change after renewal. Mine's been in the Mrs name for a wee while.

I just received an email from the TO saying they have processed my ownership change to my name and I have been given a new Rangers number. No mention of any admin fee that is normally due.

Away to sign up for MyGers but my account online still in wife's name and previous Rangers number, will give that a day or so to see if it updates.
Hey Albertz', I've had my seat transferred now but the email seems to indicate they won't transfer over the ST purchase points, which is mad. I'd rather have taken my chances with no renewal in the waiting list if that were the case. Emailed back, wondered if you'd had the same or if it worked OK for you?

Hey mate, I am still trying to get round the problem that my wife's name and old Rangers number is the main one associated and my new details are only on as friends and family. No idea what points I have or anything like that!

Hey Albertz', I've had my seat transferred now but the email seems to indicate they won't transfer over the ST purchase points, which is mad. I'd rather have taken my chances with no renewal in the waiting list if that were the case. Emailed back, wondered if you'd had the same or if it worked OK for you?
Hey mate, I am still trying to get round the problem that my wife's name and old Rangers number is the main one associated and my new details are only on as friends and family. No idea what points I have or anything like that!

Not sure if you've understood your specific issue but for me they effectively cancelled my ST renewal against my old STH number and recharged to the new one. I had to send an email with account details for the new Rangers Account prior to them doing that.

If you have been given a brand new Rangers number then I don't think you'll have any points.

In the past, you used to be able to log on to your new Rangers number by using your postcode as the password, then obviously change the password when you're in.

If you have been given a brand new Rangers number then I don't think you'll have any points.

In the past, you used to be able to log on to your new Rangers number by using your postcode as the password, then obviously change the password when you're in.
Right, after some back and forth, I've managed to log in to my account by resetting the password but entering the same password (don't ask). And yes, like.you say I had to use the Rangers number and not the email to log in.

Good news is my season ticket purchase has shown up on my new Rangers number, so everything is rosy! Finally

Back