Rennes After Morelos

If Amiens want 20m for Guirassy then Morelos is worth 25m. 12m offer from Rennes for Guirassy was more than acceptable.

Morelos to Rennes would be a step down imo
Unfortunately the way football is now it ain’t really about stepping up or stepping down

players are only interested in who’s paying the most money

look at the players that went to China for example

Be careful what you wish for fellow Bears. Do we really want to enter one of the most important seasons in years bedding in a new striker? Especially after our struggles in front of goal in recent years.

I think we should be looking to supplement Alfredo, not get rid of him.

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for fellow Bears. Do we really want to enter one of the most important seasons in years bedding in a new striker? Especially after our struggles in front of goal in recent years.

I don’t think it’s a question of wanting him gone, for most at least. It’s just that he’s not made much secret of his desire to move on at some point and, if he’s going, we’d rather get a decent return and look to the future.

Interesting link. Better overall league, maybe more in the frame on 'the continent'. Could be a positive move for him, and if he did go I hope we get the realistic value for him and reinvest it in the squad.

One actual, real bid in the last 2 years. And utter nonsense like this every other fucking week.

I just ignore it now.

We weren't getting £20m + before a pandemic, you can forget that now.

This in spades. I think Morelos would go for it too.

The likes of Dembele, Cech, Briand and Frei done it at Rennes and winded up winning themselves moves to top-class clubs. If we're being honest, Morelos isn't going to get that kind of transfer at the minute. They also have CL football and some excellent young players like Mavinga and Niang. Then there's the fact it's a lovely place to live.

Rangers are a bigger club and it isn't close, but Rennes would give him a different platform and offer him things we can't.

They had a good season and will be in the Champions League qualifiers. It would still be a surprise to see Alfie moving there, though - I suspect Gerrard may tell him to hold on for a move elsewhere.

Alternatively, €15million would be useful for us rebuilding the squad.

€15m is only about £12m which, unless he has a release clause we don’t know about, still feels too low.

£15m and I think we’d probably start talking, but he’s not going to end up at Rennes.

I expect the story has little substance anyway.

Alfie is going nowhere. Clubs looking at him wont pay our asking price. There is too big a gap between what we value him at (at his best) and what buying clubs value him at (post Christmas Alfie).

He will stay for 1 more year and then go. Nobody knows if that will be for 5 million or 25 million

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a set of fans undervalue their biggest asset the way you see here. It’s almost starting to feel like one or two want him to be sold on the cheap to prove some sort of point.

When you factor in that you’re sharing a board with people who would have happily replaced Morelos with Jason Cummings it lessens the shock of some of the shite you read on here.

If Joe Linton goes for £40 million , only a madman would accept £15 million for Alfie .

His price is £20 mill plus add ons everyone and their granny knows it . Stump up or he stays put simple .

No chance getting 15 mill for him. Would be nice though
Not now we wont. He is potentially a player worth double that.......or half that. Because the upside is so great and he is at his lowest value we will keep him for another year.

He will leave in 12 months after a;
Great season = 30m
Average season = 8m

Not now we wont. He is potentially a player worth double that.......or half that. Because the upside is so great and he is at his lowest value we will keep him for another year.

Great season = 30m
Average season = 8m

£8 million ...... Jesus Christ .

£8 million ...... Jesus Christ .

If he continues his recent form for another season we will lucky to get that. As I said already, Alfie is the great unknown and a massive risk for any interested team. He could be end up an EPL star or a championship journeyman. We have seen both sides to him.

Actually felt Leicester made the most sense on a lot of levels and ideally that’s where he would end up.
Rennes would be a means to an end for him and if it for some reason didn’t work out for him there he wouldn’t be in a great position.

Great season = 30m
Average season = 8m
Not a chance will we sell at £8 million, no matter how his season went. He's a proven goalscorer at European level so we'd be looking at £15 million at least

MU mate is the initials he’s very well known and a more than decent bear,in fact I’d say one of the best on here imo.

If we do sell Alfie,Jones and one other we should still raise at least twenty million quid.

Which in the current climate could stretch quite far you’d like to think.
Aw, know who you’re talking about. Yeah, if he’s said it then it can probably be trusted.

Reactions: cav
I reckon club would take 15m in a heartbeat. He looked like he didn’t want to be here after Christmas unfortunately.

When you factor in that you’re sharing a board with people who would have happily replaced Morelos with Jason Cummings it lessens the shock of some of the shite you read on here.

It’s a very valid point. They’re telling us about the market condition for football clubs now too, despite the fact no monetary transfers have really taken place since covid-19 and no one truly knows the financial position of most clubs. I’m sure that’ll be the same experts who only 2 months ago were telling us we probably wouldn’t see any form of football until 2021.

It’s a very valid point. They’re telling us about the market condition for football clubs now too, despite the fact no monetary transfers have really taken place since covid-19 and no one truly knows the financial position of most clubs. I’m sure that’ll be the same experts who only 2 months ago were telling us we probably wouldn’t see any form of football until 2021.
On the flip side the fact we managed to renegotiate the Hagi fee from 4.3 million to 3 might be seen as a fair indicator.
To suggest that Covid won't have a serious negative effect on transfer fees would be extremely naive I'd suggest in the main.

I’m positive I seen an article saying teams in the top five leagues won’t suffer much when it comes to being able to pay transfer fees

Absolutely no chance. Joint top scorer in the Europa League and one of the players of the tournament and Rennes think they can get him on the cheap. No chance. Up the ante or geez peace.

In my view, from his performances in the first half of the season, and particularly in Europe, Morelos is worth at least £20m to an English club of the right standing.

The physical and technical quality of Alfredo should not be underestimated.

One thing, in particular, to note is that he is still a young player who, in my opinion, has plenty of scope for improvement. He is very good now, but he could be even better with time and hard work.

Last edited:

yes we do.

the one we have scores goals up until Xmas and then falls apart and has done so for 3 years.
We need to sell him and get a player who can last a whole season and maintain his form.

On the flip side the fact we managed to renegotiate the Hagi fee from 4.3 million to 3 might be seen as a fair indicator.
To suggest that Covid won't have a serious negative effect on transfer fees would be extremely naive I'd suggest in the main.

No ones suggesting that, but it’s not going to hit a lot of clubs anywhere near as hard as it’ll hit others. Watch as the EPL’s top sides carry on throwing silly money around.

No ones suggesting that, but it’s not going to hit a lot of clubs anywhere near as hard as it’ll hit others. Watch as the EPL’s top sides carry on throwing silly money around.
Of course they will,probably over a hundred million on one player-but maybe not the hundreds of millions it might take to buy say,an Mbappe.
It just won't be as noticeable in the mad world of the EPL imo.

yes we do.

the one we have scores goals up until Xmas and then falls apart and has done so for 3 years.
We need to sell him and get a player who can last a whole season and maintain his form.
Do you have any suggestions mate?

I fancy this window will be pretty barren, with a lot of players under contract content to stay where they are.

I don’t think it’s a question of wanting him gone, for most at least. It’s just that he’s not made much secret of his desire to move on at some point and, if he’s going, we’d rather get a decent return and look to the future.
I get that, but maybe this isn’t the correct time. Especially if we are going to get under market value for him in present circumstances.

Even if Rennes had that money Alfie has his sights set higher and I am sure he would not leave Rangers for Rennes.. Spurs, Leicester or even a top ten Spanish team would probably suit him but doubt he would go to Rennes.

What type of club are people suggesting Morelos should be going to next if they think he’s too good for Rennes?

yes we do.

It’s difficult to argue against that. There is no guarantee next season will be any different.

Last term was the most bipolar yet from Morelos - absolutely sensational up until the New Year, then looked like he’d rather be anywhere else after it.

It would be folly to ignore that, but we might find ourselves in a position where we have no choice.

Even if Rennes had that money Alfie has his sights set higher and I am sure he would not leave Rangers for Rennes.. Spurs, Leicester or even a top ten Spanish team would probably suit him but doubt he would go to Rennes.
He’d be sitting on the bench at spurs and Leicester though so a move to Rennes would be better for his career.

Back