Rennes After Morelos

I think he’s for the off and unless there are a few clubs interested someone is going to get a bargain,Competition for him is the only chance of getting decent money for him especially with what has happened over the last 3 months.

This is the level of club I expect to be interested just now. Smaller, but have smart recruitment teams which make them punch above their weight.

Nobody is paying big, big money when he is as unreliable as he currently is.

I do think we’d take £15m. Unsure if I personally would as our recruitment is all over the place tbh.

As many have said before-we renegotiated the Hagi fee and I believe we put different stipulations to adjust things because of Covid.
If the club want 20m, I can see them taking 15m upfront and then adding in some easily reached performance bonuses or sell-on fees etc... to get it up closer to the 18-20m mark. That way, it helps all parties in both the short and long term

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mutual parting of ways this summer.

I still don't believe the management trust him anymore and I think it was clear in the latter part of last season that he'd had enough of everything both on and off the pitch.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mutual parting of ways this summer.

I still don't believe the management trust him anymore and I think it was clear in the latter part of last season that he'd had enough of everything both on and off the pitch.
He looked like he couldn't give 2 sh*t's post December.

I'd bite their hand off, a quality striker that doesn't get suspensions every 2 games will do me fine...
There is plenty of them.

Is there plenty of them who can replace what Morelos gives us though?

Genuine question. I’m not quite sure we can afford to gamble on it.

It's going to be a lot tougher than some think replacing Morelos.
The pre christmas Morelos was a different animal from the empty jersey January on one, his head was gone.
He is a unique Costa type striker and lets be honest 20m is small change (McBurnie money) in the mad money EPL and that is the minimum we should be accepting.

I was initially sceptical and hastily rubbished it earlier on in the thread. Thinking on it. Wouldn't be a bad career move for him and as long as the fee is good and we put a future sell on clause in there. It could be good for both parties.

Coming round to the idea that we need to reconfigure our attack. Too much of our attacking play relies on Alfie and given the treatment he gets in this country, we'd possibly both be better served trying something new.

Would mean signing 2 new forwards.

The pre christmas Morelos was a different animal from the empty jersey January on one, his head was gone.
He is a unique Costa type striker and lets be honest 20m is small change (McBurnie money) in the mad money EPL and that is the minimum we should be accepting.

I'm not surprised his head went tbh. Look what he was going through.

No one in our team performed well after the 29th December.

I'm not surprised his head went tbh. Look what he was going through.

No one in our team performed well after the 29th December.

I don't think that treatment of him will ever ease up at all. As hard as I think he will be to replace. I wouldn't be surprised if he's think he needs to go somewhere a bit more low key to get that big move he's dreaming of.

I don't think that treatment of him will ever ease up at all. As hard as I think he will be to replace. I wouldn't be surprised if he's think he needs to go somewhere a bit more low key to get that big move he's dreaming of.

I love Alfredo but I do feel he needs to move on for his and his family's sake. Possibly ours too as we are too reliant. Playing in a country that's more interested in hating than trying to make the standard better. Any other country and league appreciated talent like Morelos.

Big boots to fill.

I love Alfredo but I do feel he needs to move on for his and his family's sake. Possibly ours too as we are too reliant. Playing in a country that's more interested in hating than trying to make the standard better. Any other country and league appreciated talent like Morelos.

Big boots to fill.

Aye, I'm inclined to agree. Especially with regards to his family.

Think we are talking a couple of players to replace his input tbh.

Aye, I'm inclined to agree. Especially with regards to his family.

Think we are talking a couple of players to replace his input tbh.

A tweak to our system is needed. We can't rely on one player and don't have a like for like replacement.

Morelos goes and we need two strikers of genuine quality.

Reactions: cav
There's a lot of wealth in Qatar.

You could argue we are more likely to squeeze £20m+ out of them than the two clubs in France!
I don't doubt the first part, but I'm not sure there's a history there of their clubs paying large transfer fees. Happy to proven wrong.

A tweak to our system is needed. We can't rely on one player and don't have a like for like replacement.

Agree with you, said it in a post further up the thread. Been thinking our attacking play needs to be more flexible and less reliant on one player. A couple of decent but different type of forwards may prove more valuable than one utterly brilliant one in the long run. Especially with Hagi, Aribo and Kent as the supporting cast.

Reactions: cav

Been said many times but a Weismann type alongside a quality loan like Gray from Watford should be the level we aspire to get in- how achievable that is though is another matter.

Not sure of the authenticity of this story but i got a text today from a guy , who knows a guy, who knows a guy , who know a guy who has (apparently) been tasked with finding a buyer for Alfie's Lamborghini as he (apparently) will no longer be needing it.

Not sure of the authenticity of this story but i got a text today from a guy , who knows a guy, who knows a guy , who know a guy who has (apparently) been tasked with finding a buyer for Alfie's Lamborghini as he (apparently) will no longer be needing it.

Pretty sure he got rid of that months ago. He did post a pic on his instagram page of him sitting on the bonnet of it pitchside at Ibrox not long ago but that was an old photo.

Jordan Campbell's longform article on The Athletic hints that his next move will be to a club/city where there is not so much of a focus on football so that he can have a more balanced life off the pitch.

The late arrival home after international duty was the last straw for many on here, and, coupled with another post-Christmas downturn, will likely affect any future transfer fee.

It's going to be a lot tougher than some think replacing Morelos.

I think a lot of people are in for a right shock providing there aren’t numerous changes throughout the entire squad, because the current crop aren’t good enough to put the wins together without an in form Morelos.

Reactions: Dio
That would be a shit move for all involved!

Your kidding we get a good wedge for Gerrard to bring in at least 3 top quality players,Alfie gets to play for a team that’s 3rd in the french league playing the likes of PSG.
No more bent refs targeting him and he can get on with his family life away from this shitehole.

After much debate and carefully gathering my thoughts I would genuinely punt him £15 m descent price tbh he isn’t that good/get better end of story If bears let there head rule over heart n take off blue tinted glasses he ain’t any better than novo jj or Big streak of piss fi United think he’s called tomo or tozza or what ever bbc celic want to call him or any off the other bit part players sick of people putting on par wi god And yes my punctuation is terrible but it’s been a long shift

After much debate and carefully gathering my thoughts I would genuinely punt him £15 m descent price tbh he isn’t that good/get better end of story If bears let there head rule over heart n take off blue tinted glasses he ain’t any better than novo jj or Big streak of piss fi United think he’s called tomo or tozza or what ever bbc celic want to call him or any off the other bit part players sick of people putting on par wi god And yes my punctuation is terrible but it’s been a long shift
A long shift in the boozer per chance? Morelos isn't any better that Steven Thompson :eek:

There is plenty of them.

Is there plenty of them who can replace what Morelos gives us though?

Genuine question. I’m not quite sure we can afford to gamble on it.

I think we'll miss him terribly in Europe. His style of play is perfect and he really rises to the occasion.

For the SPFL, we should be able to replace him. I mean, look at the amount of jobbers who have hit double figures over the years.

Someone made the point the other day that they'd rather have a Cousin, Boyd and JCD situation instead of building our attack around one star player. That's the way to go if we sell him. I don't think any of them are better than Morelos individually, but collectively I'd rather that than what we have now. You have a bit of everything there, and it alleviates the pressure on one person to deliver.

I guess Defoe could be considered the Boyd of the pack. I'd then like to see another two quality players of Cousin/JCD brought in to supplement him. That's doable with 15 million.

He's a marked man, the refs can't wait to book him whenever he plays in Scotland, I liked the wee guy but his attitude post December was disappointing, people don't realise how much he hurt us with his silly antics last season.
Pre December on fire hoping to get his big move January......then told your waiting till summer toys out the pram downed tools, that's what it looked like to me. If we reject more bids for him and don't sell him this window, I think we could see some proper tantrums.

I agree - it is accepted now that baiting Alfredo is an acceptable past time and that won't go away. Unfortunately, if he does leave, that national past time will just be passed onto another Rangers player.

A long shift in the boozer per chance? Morelos isn't any better that Steven Thompson :eek:
He’s had 1season of being pretty descent and even then wi wage rise improved contract better coaching etc he is prob now at the best he will ever be and he’s still at best above average mark my words even keep this quote and throw it back at me here is how I think it will pan out if we don’t sell he will start next season ok then get injured have 1/2 a season to get back up to speed make a stupid decision get banned couple of here n there games then go next year after a wee huff to himself for a couple of mitre deltas n a couple of gless globe bottles (couldn’t spell gless check properly ) hope am wrong but I was related to mystic meg (second cousin twice removed on my ma s side of the family ) on a serious note mate just feel like maybe this/last season is going to be the best we will get out of him and hope we have not missed the boat with cash for him as that’s happened way way way too often with us even before 2012 hope I’m proved wrong have a good day bear we are the people 55 is coming brother it’s coming
Peace ✌️

What a shite move that would be for him
Totally agree. I hope he goes to the EPL,be interesting for us to see how he kicks in where no one is trying to wind him up or refs single him out. I expect him to excel down there. He'd be wasted there.

Back