Reorganisation of Scottish Football

Well said Noddy. How many Scots in our team? As for our Japanese neighbours. Its getting silly now. The EPL is going the same way.

IS this really improving the quality?
Mick Beale does not have improve scottish football in his role profile I will bet, he needs to win trophies to be a success as does the other lot.
Would you be happy with a team of Scot’s but winning nothing nor even looking like you may win anything?
Nah didn’t think so

If you're Kilbirnie, Beith, Kilwinning or Irvine then why would you want promotion? Leave behind some red hot local rivalries that attract decent crowds for trips to Elgin or Annan? It's not particularly attractive for a lot of sides. But those 4 clubs have close rivalries and solid supports. They're a way of people remaining attached to the game, either by offering folk a way of continuing to play football or offering fans an affordable way to follow football on a Saturday afternoon. Why would those 4 sides want to give up their local rivalries for away trips to the north of Scotland?

We need to start valuing football more as a country. We need local communities to start valuing their teams and for people to put football back at the heart of their saturday afternoon.
I agree out with the premie league and championship I would make all other leagues regional. Less travel, more local derby matches. Travel involved in some of the lower leagues is ridiculous

Mick Beale does not have improve scottish football in his role profile I will bet, he needs to win trophies to be a success as does the other lot.
Would you be happy with a team of Scot’s but winning nothing nor even looking like you may win anything?
Nah didn’t think so

Of course Id be happier if we were in a proper league where we didnt just stroll to the title. What's the point of us and them clocking up 9 in a rows? Its a joke.

Think about it.

Ok so they cull them, what teams get culled and who do you replace them with in the league, that have an acceptable support to you?

What’s your cut off point for the cull 10k? 5k? 3k?
At an extreme push you could have maybe 12 full time professional teams given the population anything else semi professional.

Nah didn’t think so
Nail on the head.

I’ve just looked at Welsh league for example. 6 different teams have won the league in the last 20 years, so fairly competitive.

The reality is though no one watches and the quality is dreadful.

That’s what this mental idea of distribution of wealth would lead to here.

Thankfully it will never happen.

Of course Id be happier if we were in a proper league where we didnt just stroll to the title. What's the point of us and them clocking up 9 in a rows? Its a joke.

Think about it.
Hmm, last time I checked we were not strolling to a title mate
We strolled it in 55 year, Tim’s strolled it when we were away down the leagues.
Before that is was reasonably tight for a fair while

At an extreme push you could have maybe 12 full time professional teams given the population anything else semi professional.
Ok so we kill say caley thistle for arguments sake, do you expect them all to suddenly back county or Aberdeen or whomever?
Won’t happen.
Had they successfully killed us off in 2012 who would you have chosen to follow instead?

I know that personally football would just have become dead to me.

Hmm, last time I checked we were not strolling to a title mate
We strolled it in 55 year, Tim’s strolled it when we were away down the leagues.
Before that is was reasonably tight for a fair while

When was the last time someone else won it? That's the problem.

How do you suggest income would be spread?

More evenly, taking into account overheads and with a long transition period. If the OF continue to hoover up most of the cash, including CL riches, then the "diddy" teams will become even more "diddy". The OF will win most of the trophies, collect all the prize money and buy the best players from the opposition.

In cup games the gate money is shared. There's no reason why the SPFL couldnt collect ticket money and spread it around more evenly. After all the games are authorised by them. Over time the finances would settle down and clubs would be able to pay players a decent, affordable and sustainable salary. The top paid guys would be fazed out.

Best of all Celtic wouldn't have the financial advantage they enjoy now. They'd also be stuck with an oversized, delapidated stadium as their crowds would take a nose dive like they did when we were in the lower reaches.

Its not perfect but I cant see any other way to save the game in Scotland and Id expect other countries to follow.

More evenly, taking into account overheads and with a long transition period. If the OF continue to hoover up most of the cash, including CL riches, then the "diddy" teams will become even more "diddy". The OF will win most of the trophies, collect all the prize money and buy the best players from the opposition.

In cup games the gate money is shared. There's no reason why the SPFL couldnt collect ticket money and spread it around more evenly. After all the games are authorised by them. Over time the finances would settle down and clubs would be able to pay players a decent, affordable and sustainable salary. The top paid guys would be fazed out.

Best of all Celtic wouldn't have the financial advantage they enjoy now. They'd also be stuck with an oversized, delapidated stadium as their crowds would take a nose dive like they did when we were in the lower reaches.

Its not perfect but I cant see any other way to save the game in Scotland and Id expect other countries to follow.
Right so the well supported teams with the biggest and best facilities are penalised in favour of the lesser supported teams with tinpot facilities.
Rangers would be aw well shutting swathes of the stadium to reduce operational costs to be on a par with the tinpot

Last edited:
Ok so we kill say caley thistle for arguments sake, do you expect them all to suddenly back county or Aberdeen or whomever?
Won’t happen.
Had they successfully killed us off in 2012 who would you have chosen to follow instead?

I know that personally football would just have become dead to me.
You’re arguing with yourself mate all I’m saying is there are too many clubs and too few fans. You wouldn’t set up football like it is in Scotland would you?

You’re arguing with yourself mate all I’m saying is there are too many clubs and too few fans. You wouldn’t set up football like it is in Scotland would you?
I support any 4 lads who may have a dream to start a football team.
If they make it big magic, if they just scrape by then kudos to them all the same.
I’m not for shutting teams down because they are short on fans, if they can operate financially then I could not give a single toss if there is not a single fan in the stadium

Back