Repair George Square Benches Accidently Damaged During Celebrations

Robert Marshall

Rangers Football Club celebrated their World Record 55th League Championship yesterday! For a football club to have come through so much and emerge to again become the Kings of Scottish Football is a remarkable achievement.

The Rangers Support have been with the club all the way and it was to be expected that there would be joyous celebrations to follow. During these celebrations, there appears to have been accidental damage to a small number of memorial benches in George Square. This, whilst clearly unintentional, is not something the Rangers Support would like to have seen done and as a result, we are fundraising to replace these benches as a true and sincere gesture of respect.

If there are any additional funds raised we will donate them to the Anthony Nolan Charity which helps save the lives of people with blood cancer and blood disorders. If you are aged between 16-30 you can also help by joining their donation register https://www.anthonynolan.org/8-ways-you-could-save-life/donate-your-stem-cells

Please donate here:

There’s a story on twitter about how one of the benches is a memorial for a still born baby. I’m going to be honest there. Anyone looking in that’s responsible. You’re a lady's front bottom.

Good to see the support responding to repair this but it won’t fix the pain it caused. We really do make open goals for ourselves.

There’s a story on twitter about how one of the benches is a memorial for a still born baby. I’m going to be honest there. Anyone looking in that’s responsible. You’re a lady's front bottom.

Good to see the support responding to repair this but it won’t fix the pain it caused. We really do make open goals for ourselves.
The club should be offering to pay, I’m not overly keen on the relative silence on this one.

Rangers Football Club celebrated their World Record 55th League Championship yesterday! For a football club to have come through so much and emerge to again become the Kings of Scottish Football is a remarkable achievement.

The Rangers Support have been with the club all the way and it was to be expected that there would be joyous celebrations to follow. During these celebrations, there appears to have been accidental damage to a small number of memorial benches in George Square. This, whilst clearly unintentional, is not something the Rangers Support would like to have seen done and as a result, we are fundraising to replace these benches as a true and sincere gesture of respect.

If there are any additional funds raised we will donate them to the Anthony Nolan Charity which helps save the lives of people with blood cancer and blood disorders. If you are aged between 16-30 you can also help by joining their donation register https://www.anthonynolan.org/8-ways-you-could-save-life/donate-your-stem-cells

Please donate here:
@Robert Marshall I’ve seen another page set up by John whyte that has already raised £1800 perhaps time to combine efforts

Last edited:

Please donate here:
I can donate on payday Thursday. Least I could do.

TBF this applies to damaging a memorial for any loved one. So for anyone looking in who may be responsible for damaging any of those benches. You are a mindless lady's front bottom. Great gesture by bears to fund the repair. I'll contribute. But we shouldn't have to.

You seem to be implying the damage was done deliberately?

Come on, are you implying a Rangers fan read the memorial, digested it's sensitivity and importance and decided to wreck anyway?

There's enough people attacking us at the moment, come on...

We are not sure about the damage but I'm quite sure these benches will be quite expensive
Needs to be the best quality wood to survive the weather
Invoice will be posted when we get them done
I hear you Robert. B&Q garden fodder won’t cut it. But surely the whole seating compliment wasn’t trashed?

Back