Replacement for Kent?

cav

With the news Liverpool are looking to raise 100 million from players on loan and fringe players,now added to Skysports today saying they want 25 million for Harry Wilson-I can't for the life of me see any chance of us hanging on to Ryan Kent.In some ways it was inevitable I suppose.
That said we need to look forward,and so a replacement will be required.I don't want this to turn into a bashing thread for Jones,Hastie and in particular Stewart as the merits of all three signing have been done on a few threads already so if you want to rant I would respectfully ask you do so there(me included).

The question begs though,who could we get to replace Ryan Kent?

;@Ankaragucu on twitter who posts on here has been highlighting how good Tyler Boyd has been for his Turkish team this season,on loan from Vitor Guamaraes in Portugal.Impressive stats and very direct according to him.

;Peterson form Heracles in Holland was mentioned some time ago on here by a few knowledgable posters and again,stats are very impressive.In his last year of his deal there too.

Who else can fill the void as a guaranteed starter?

Ben Woodburn maybe?
I've not seen enough of him to comment,but could he play the 'inside forward position' for those that have seen him? Would certainly stand a better chance of a loan deal for him which could save us a lot of money.

I heard Derek Johnston on Gets Net podcast mention a Liverpool left sided wide player he was impressed with at the 4-4 bounce game ,it was not any of the names mentioned in the threads .Maybe he is the back up for Kent

I've not seen enough of him to comment,but could he play the 'inside forward position' for those that have seen him? Would certainly stand a better chance of a loan deal for him which could save us a lot of money.
From what I've seen of him that is his position. Playing on the left but cutting in and offering a goal threat. More of a goalscorer than Kent but less likely to get the ball and dribble past players.

Reactions: cav
As much as I admire you're hope,I can't see Liverpool doing themselves out of ten million quid or more which imho-they will get for him.

I guess the argument from their point of view could be that, if he returns to us and shines brighter in European games and helps lead us to silverware, they may get even more money for him next year.

We'll have Murphy, Candeias, Grezda, Middleton and Jones all in the squad. Even if Grezda is to be sold, that's 4 players that can play that role.

And that doesn't include Arfield, Hastie or even Docherty who I reckon could do what Arfield has in terms of playing a bit further forward. Nor any of our youngsters who may be knocking on the door soon.

I really like Kent, but I'm also wary of having too big a squad overall.

He won't be here next season unless no one down south wants to buy him. Is that likely?

His replacement? Jordan Jones. Big boots to fill but it what it is.

We'll have Murphy, Candeias, Grezda, Middleton and Jones all in the squad. Even if Grezda is to be sold, that's 4 players that can play that role.

And that doesn't include Arfield, Hastie or even Docherty who I reckon could do what Arfield has in terms of playing a bit further forward. Nor any of our youngsters who may be knocking on the door soon.

As always mate,a fair and balanced view from you.I do wonder if some of those mentioned might be loaned out or moved on permanently after pre-season though.Time will tell I suppose.

As always mate,a fair and balanced view from you.I do wonder if some of those mentioned might be loaned out or moved on permanently after pre-season though.Time will tell I suppose.

I went through all that and forgot Greg Stewart who seems certain to sign!

I wouldn't be surprised if Middleton and Hastie go on loan.

Might pay Liverpool to leave him where he is for another season .

If he can develop more ,increase his goal tally and improve on his decision making it's a win win .

He has the raw materials to make it ,just needs to kick on in the depts. mentioned.

It's not that big a squad. We've got 38 senior players on the books and I expect about 15 to leave so it'll be a small squad.

Middleton and Hastie are only 19 plus Grezda won't be here next season whether out on loan or sold.

It's not that big a squad. We've got 38 senior players on the books and I expect about 15 to leave so it'll be a small squad.

Middleton and Hastie are only 19 plus Grezda won't be here next season whether out on loan or sold.
Still a lot of numbers in that position mate-Candeias,Jones,Murphy,Arfield,Docherty,Stewart and I expect another in also.

Big DJ on the FLHAD podcast raved about a young Liverpool player ( not Woodburn ) who played in the behind closed doors game. Apparently he was outstanding. Didn’t reveal his name but wonder if there would be any chance of getting him on loan ( if anyone ITK )

Big DJ on the FLHAD podcast raved about a young Liverpool player ( not Woodburn ) who played in the behind closed doors game. Apparently he was outstanding. Didn’t reveal his name but wonder if there would be any chance of getting him on loan ( if anyone ITK )
Oops sorry - didn’t see the post higher up.

Yeah, but there's 2 positions for all of the players left over.

Arfield will play when fit, so it's 1 between another 4 or 5 players.

Our squad going down to 23 would really only leave space for 2 new players before it starts to become bloated.

Still a lot of numbers in that position mate-Candeias,Jones,Murphy,Arfield,Docherty,Stewart and I expect another in also.
For a club of our size playing in four competitions I don't think it is too many.

Depth in that area was a problem the season just passed with Grezda not cutting it.

Yeah, but there's 2 positions for all of the players left over.

Arfield will play when fit, so it's 1 between another 4 or 5 players.

Our squad going down to 23 would really only leave space for 2 new players before it starts to become bloated.
No it wouldn't. Ideally you'd have 27 or so senior players possibly more.

For varying reasons im not sure if we could rely on any of those four next season to push for the title. Murphy would be excellebt if he came back the player he was before his injury, DC is a good plauer imo. Middleton i think may be loaned out and Grezda doesnt seem to be in the managers plans. I think we will be looking to replace kent

With the news Liverpool are looking to raise 100 million from players on loan and fringe players,now added to Skysports today saying they want 25 million for Harry Wilson-I can't for the life of me see any chance of us hanging on to Ryan Kent.In some ways it was inevitable I suppose.
That said we need to look forward,and so a replacement will be required.I don't want this to turn into a bashing thread for Jones,Hastie and in particular Stewart as the merits of all three signing have been done on a few threads already so if you want to rant I would respectfully ask you do so there(me included).

;@Ankaragucu on twitter who posts on here has been highlighting how good Tyler Boyd has been for his Turkish team this season,on loan from Vitor Guamaraes in Portugal.Impressive stats and very direct according to him.

;Peterson form Heracles in Holland was mentioned some time ago on here by a few knowledgable posters and again,stats are very impressive.In his last year of his deal there too.

You are so overrating Kent my friend.The three you figure that wouldn't fill the void.
Could quite easily come in and put up better figures than Kent.IMHO.

For varying reasons im not sure if we could rely on any of those four next season to push for the title. Murphy would be excellebt if he came back the player he was before his injury, DC is a good plauer imo. Middleton i think may be loaned out and Grezda doesnt seem to be in the managers plans. I think we will be looking to replace kent
Fwiw I reckon we might have Arfield as one 'inside forward' with Jones,Murphy and a replacement for Kent fighting it out for the other similar role if all are fit.
And I think that's key-the chances of someone getting a bad injury on some of the 'pitches' we have to play on coupled with some of the hammer throwers our players face make injury much more likely I would suggest.Therefore we will need some squad depth with Candeias as back-up to four players regularly fighting it out for two spots.

You are so overrating Kent my friend.The three you figure that wouldn't fill the void.

It's not just about the figures though.

If it was, everyone would have argued we should have kept Windass.

Not overrating by me mate,it's the mental crackpot world of EPL listed players.Don't get me wrong,I like Kent and he's a very good player-but I wouldn't like to see us spending any more than 3 million on a player of his calibre.But Solanke,Ibe etc. have shown just how much clubs are willing to pay down there for English players imo.
Harry Wilson as much as he's good with a lot of potential,will go for 25 million having had one good season in the second tier of English football.

That's nuts imo.

Martin Odegaard was at Vitesse this season on loan from Real Madrid

Massive Liverpool fan.

Personally I'd try for a loan deal for Kent this season with a guarenteed buy at the end of the agreement for 6-8 million

Greg Stewart will score more goals and assist more goals next season than Ryan Kent did for us this season.

Kent seems to be so highly rated by loads of people and I just don’t quite understand it. I think he’s a decent, hard working winger who seriously lacks end product.

I honestly think for the money people are talking about paying for Kent we could get a player that is much better.

I think there's a good chance Kent will be here next season on another year long loan.
His value has been quoted as at least £5-6m, As much as I would like it, I just can't see our board paying that.

Whoever our manager wants, I don't think he comes on here for suggestions :))

Personally I'd try for a loan deal for Kent this season with a guarenteed buy at the end of the agreement for 6-8 million

I think there's a good chance Kent will be here next season on another year long loan.
His value has been quoted as at least £5-6m, As much as I would like it, I just can't see our board paying that.

His value has been quoted at £12m

Back