Replacements for midfield

the covenanters

Since Morton managed to score three goals against Rangers in the closed-door game with Danny Wilson at the heart of the defence, I'd recommend he's pushed into centre-mid in place of Jack.
See if he has anything to offer there. It's his last hope. Would also like to see Holt play in support of Morelos against St. Johnstone.

You wouldn't start Wilson in his natural position let alone midfield.

Danny Wilson doesn't have one single attribute that screams holding/centre midfielder.

Since Morton managed to score three goals against Rangers in the closed-door game with Danny Wilson at the heart of the defence, I'd recommend he's pushed into centre-mid in place of Jack.
See if he has anything to offer there. It's his last hope. Would also like to see Holt play in support of Morelos against St. Johnstone.

Hopefully Holt is the replacement for Jack, but playing Wilson in midfield ?

Holt is the most likely to replace Jack given that it sounds like Rossiter will be unavailable due to injury, might work okay as he is a busy player and can leave the creativity to Dorrans

All i can say is. thank the lord you are not the Rangers manager.

Play a defender who was part of a defence that conceded 3 goals out of position in the hope that he can prevent goals being conceded?

leosquint.png

Danny Wilson could perhaps now be described as our fourth choice central defender - and that's about all he has to offer.

For me Danny Wilson isn't a Good defender what makes you think he would be decent as a midfield player. I hope we can get rid of him in January .

What type of player is Barjonas, does he like to hold or drive on? I remember the young lad playing towards the end of last season but can't recall what type of player he was. Jack & Rossiter out should mean he'll at leas make the bench.

The OP is factually inaccurate, Wilson wasn't even on the pitch when we conceded the third goal - it was a defence made up on young boys and the goal was a freekick.

Was he on the park for the other goals? I don't know but the above is correct as per an article with Pedro yesterday

I am no Wilson fan but lets keep to facts

it will be Holt as Niko is done and it doesnt look like young Barjonas will get his chance.

When I heard that we were in for Danny Wilson, I was quite pleased as he had been receiving good reports whilst with Hearts. I was thinking that we were getting that excellent young defender that was being played next to Weir, but clearly there must have been an alien abduction/body swop, because the current player is not a quarter of the youngster that we used to have! As has been said, he is probably, at best, our 4th choice CB and my guess is that his contract will not be renewed after the end of the season. Maybe he goes back to Hearts in the Jan transfer window as part payment for Walker?

Why is our support so fascinated with attempting to play players out of position.

Wilson is a squad player in the extreme case that 2/3 of Alves, Cardoso & McRorie are not available. Nothing more.

No thanks from me. Danny Wilson has had his chance and he quite simply isn't good enough. Holt or Barjonas should come in for Jack on Friday. I'd even be tempted to start both and play Dorrans where Pena had been playing the last two games.

As others have stated it should holt Dorrans and barjonas in a midfield 3. However will more likely be holt Dorrans and pena

To be fair to the OP, that is what we done with Dom Ball!
But Mrs. Wilson, sorry OP, I think young Daniel can start looking for a new club.

Did Danny play the whole game or did we lose the 3 goals when he was on?

Anyway, the impression I got from Pedro's RTV interview regarding the players used and the formations was very different.

You're on your own here bud.
Wilson has done nothing to suggest he's got the game for this position.
Why does he deserve another chance?
How many games do you give him?
Why does he deserve this time at the expense or Jason Holt?
More so, Barjonas?

Did Danny play the whole game or did we lose the 3 goals when he was on?

Anyway, the impression I got from Pedro's RTV interview regarding the players used and the formations was very different.

Know for a fact, that the final third was being played with youngsters in defence and Morton scored one goal during this period from a direct free kick. I don't know if Wilson was playing when they scored the other two?

He is at best 4 choice centre half now and that's debatable with A Wilson looking decent at the end of last season.

For me,he's fourth choice Left back and fifth choice Centre Half-he really is that bad.

When I say bad it's not that he doesn't have talent,he should be a really good player-but he will never have the attitude and mentality to realise the potential he once had.Terrible waste.

It would send out the completely wrong signal to the younger players to play his ilk ahead of them imo.

You are taking the p1ss ?

Know for a fact, that the final third was being played with youngsters in defence and Morton scored one goal during this period from a direct free kick. I don't know if Wilson was playing when they scored the other two?
I don't know if it is fact but if not, Pedro is a liar. I was only going by his RTV interview, which covered what you said.

The op is at it.

By the same token would it not be better to see if Wilson had the capabilities to play midfield in a friendly rather than a competitive game?

We used 3 different teams against Morton using over 30 players, I think Wilson was on for one of the goals. He does need to do more though

Danny will struggle to get back into the team and at most will be a backup - there are players better suited to the role than him

Danny Wilson could perhaps now be described as our fourth choice central defender - and that's about all he has to offer.
This for me, I wouldn't play him any further forward and he should continue to warm the bench at best.

Can't see Barjonas getting a chance just yet sadly. Holt will come in most likely and wouldn't surprise me if Niko was in and about.

See if he has anything to offer there.
It's his last hope. Would also like to see Holt play in support of Morelos against St. Johnstone.

And the daftest suggestion of the year goes to..............

Whist I agree with the point about Danny Wilson lacking enough mobility for midfield, what about Cardoso, has he any history of playing in the holding role?

Was scheduled to appear on Question Of Sport but got injured on the way to the studio.

Sorry I just seen the thread about our injuries, and he appears to be close to making a return, which is the optimistic version of ....still out injured.

Joking apart, I really rate this lad, and it will be a tragedy if he doesn't get fit enough to feature for us.

Dreary me, I thought the OP was joking at first. Wilson offers nothing to suggest he could play there. To move from defence to midfield you need to offer many other attributes that he hasn't got. Leave the midfield players to play there.

Back