Replacements for Scott Arfield

Making a threat for players we realistically believe coukd be a replacements for Arfield a midfielder that runs beyond striker and gets goals

Ive a few ideas who think could do that job and would like to hear your own ideas

Tillman seems to be taking up the mantle of being the midfielder in the 3 that breaks the from line and gets in through the space made by the two begins the strikers moving.

I reckon Lowry is more one of the two behind the striker and will fight with Kent etc.

I've been a huge fan of Arfield and will be gutted to see him leave but in all honesty I don't think replacing him will be a huge issue.
He'll be a bigger miss around the dressing room than on the park imo.
That said, i wouldnt be surprised to see him get another 12 months

Making a threat for players we realistically believe coukd be a replacements for Arfield a midfielder that runs beyond striker and gets goals

Ive a few ideas who think could do that job and would like to hear your own ideas

Tillman, Hagi, Cantwell and Lawrence are all players who can to go beyond the striker.

Along with Kent, Sakala and to a lesser extent Arfield, Wright, Matondo and Lowry, we've got some very good options to play in the 3 forward positions behind the striker.

I thought it would be very difficult to replace him, but not now.
11 goals from 29 league matches in his 1st season here was some going.

Tillman, Hagi, Cantwell and Lawrence are all players who can to go beyond the striker.

Along with Kent, Sakala and to a lesser extent Arfield, Wright, Matondo and Lowry, we've got some very good options to play in the 3 forward positions behind the striker.
Lawrence is a big miss and was proving to be a very good player for us prior to his injury. Hopefully Lawrence recovers soon as I think he'd be a very able replacement for Arfield.

Lawrence plays off the left and Hagi can play on the right allthough sometimes plays 10

Lawrence is a big miss and was proving to be a very good player for us prior to his injury. Hopefully Lawrence recovers soon as I think he'd be a very able replacement for Arfield.
Lawrence plays off the left he isn't Arfield replacement he is Kent replacement if he doesn't sign a new deal

Lowry is a play maker he gets ball into feet and plays forward passes he rarely runs beyond the striker and is absolutely nothing like Arfield apart from in stature and height

Was talking about CAM that goes beyond the striker Sakala and Matondo and Lawrence Wright are wingers and shouldn't be in the conversation

I've been a huge fan of Arfield and will be gutted to see him leave but in all honesty I don't think replacing him will be a huge issue.
I agree but he is turning 35 we need younger fitter players that have a sell on value football is a buisness just a shame he is a home grown player but we cant let sentiment get in the way off progress some cracking players around just now some on PCA

The knack he has for arriving in the box to get a shot away will be hard to replace. A lot of them may be like passbacks but he's scored a lot of important goals.

Plays in Denmark just turning 27 a Norwegian international avaliable on a PCA great finisher arrives in box good in the air think ge would be a great signing good goal scoring record from midfield

Was talking about CAM that goes beyond the striker Sakala and Matondo and Lawrence Wright are wingers and shouldn't be in the conversation

I wasn't suggesting Kent, Sakala, Wright or Matondo as options for playing centrally and going beyond the striker.

I was just making the point we have a lot of good attacking options across the park.

Lawrence can play centrally though and did for Derby on numerous occasions.

I wasn't suggesting Kent, Sakala, Wright or Matondo as options for playing centrally and going beyond the striker.

I was just making the point we have a lot of good attacking options across the park.

Lawrence can play centrally though and did for Derby on numerous occasions.
Lawrence is a crock we don't know what kind off players him and Hagi will be like when they come back we got room for another midfielder especially when Sands goes back

Plays in Denmark just turning 27 a Norwegian international avaliable on a PCA great finisher arrives in box good in the air think ge would be a great signing good goal scoring record from midfield
Couple times now I’ve heard this name. Someone to look at for sure.

I hope he does. He will give us some stability as we rebuild the squad especially the midfield which is younger and less experienced than in recent years. He knows what it's like to play for Rangers and is quite capable of passing that on.

Lawrence is a crock we don't know what kind off players him and Hagi will be like when they come back we got room for another midfielder especially when Sands goes back

Lawrence isn't a crock.

He'd a good fitness record before he came to Rangers.

Sands is a defensive midfielder and him leaving or staying is an irrelevance, as far as our attacking midfielders are concerned.

Beale said last week he is very happy with our attacking midfield/forward options.

Lawrence isn't a crock.

He'd a good fitness record before he came to Rangers.

Sands is a defensive midfielder and him leaving or staying is an irrelevance, as far as our attacking midfielders are concerned.

Beale said last week he is very happy with our attacking midfield/forward options.
308 career games for a 29 year old isn't good stats Ryan Jack isn't that much older and is on 422

Yes Sands can play CB or CDM and isn't very good in any off them if Jack leaves we'll defo be looking at another CDM regardless if Arfield gets replaced and Davis is away to and any fringe players like Williamson who is on loan

It will be a sad day when SA leaves us.

There has been parts of his time with us where he was unbelievable but there have been times he's been woeful and looked like he was toeing a caravan.

Overall, he's been a great signing. Jim Goodwin has a voodoo doll that looks like him now.

We’ve already got them in the squad
It depends how you want to catalase players you could say Riskan replaces Sands if you want to call him a CDM but personally I look at him as a young Davis

If we get Tillman great maybe see him as a Aribo replacement allthough there different styles he gets goals

Young Lowry don't see as a replacement he is more deep lying play maker type

Lawrence will probably play wide left or right

And Hagi will play as a ten

Arfield could be replaced especially when Kamara is in form and we'll probably get bids on him which would leave another space to cover at CM/CDM with Sands also away

But yes the threads about replacing Arfield someone that does what he does regularly

But lets face it he won't be the only ones getting replaced next year looking for a keeper to

It depends how you want to catalase players you could say Riskan replaces Sands if you want to call him a CDM but personally I look at him as a young Davis

If we get Tillman great maybe see him as a Aribo replacement allthough there different styles he gets goals

Young Lowry don't see as a replacement he is more deep lying play maker type

Lawrence will probably play wide left or right

And Hagi will play as a ten

Arfield could be replaced especially when Kamara is in form and we'll probably get bids on him which would leave another space to cover at CM/CDM with Sands also away

But yes the threads about replacing Arfield someone that does what he does regularly

But lets face it he won't be the only ones getting replaced next year looking for a keeper to
A keeper to what? You didn't finish what you were trying to say.

308 career games for a 29 year old isn't good stats Ryan Jack isn't that much older and is on 422

I don’t think that suggests Lawrence is a ‘crock’. He was at a massive club as a kid and didn’t make it, then made a bad career move going to Leicester and had a series of unproductive loans. He took a while to his his stride as a professional (bit like Tav) so hadn’t played a lot of first team games until he was 23/24. At Derby he played a lot for a number of years and, from what I can see, didn’t have huge injury problems?

Replacements? We had folk on here saying Arfield and Jack should get 2 year extensions in the summer!
Why though we won one title and a cup mist the Uefa cup no room for sentiment we are Rangers we need better players and younger legs no room for sentiment resigning them would be lazy

We need to be aiming higher if we are winning the league next season

Why though we won one title and a cup mist the Uefa cup no room for sentiment we are Rangers we need better players and younger legs no room for sentiment resigning them would be lazy

We need to be aiming higher if we are winning the league next season
I completely agree. But the homegrown quota will likely save both.

Back