Reporting a hate crime in Scotland.

Northampton_Loyalist

Every single time a video is posted on here, there is not a single scrap of an excuse for there not being several hundred reports filed.

Every time your idiot neighbour/colleague mutters 'hun' under his breath, there is not a single scrap of an excuse for a report not being filed.

If you want to sing songs, and use the fact that the scum do too as a reason, you have to do the other things they do. The main one they do is make sure anything that even hints at a possible arrest is reported.

If you see a video that has anti Protestant/Orange content, or includes anti-British racism, post on here and make sure you add the PS link above.

The scum have set the ground rules and we are too late to play this game the way we might want to. All that is left is to take the rules we are given and make them work for us.

Every single time a video is posted on here, there is not a single scrap of an excuse for there not being several hundred reports filed.

Every time your idiot neighbour/colleague mutters 'hun' under his breath, there is not a single scrap of an excuse for a report not being filed.

If you want to sing songs, and use the fact that the scum do too as a reason, you have to do the other things they do. The main one they do is make sure anything that even hints at a possible arrest is reported.

If you see a video that has anti Protestant/Orange content, or includes anti-British racism, post on here and make sure you add the PS link above.

The scum have set the ground rules and we are too late to play this game the way we might want to. All that is left is to take the rules we are given and make them work for us.
You are 100% right

About time we started firing back. We've sat back long enough tbh. Sanity isn't going to prevail here. Literally everyone on twitter has said something they shouldn't have at one time or another. Dig up dirt and use it. Don't narrow it down to just sectarianism either. Go looking for other things, plenty of jokes said 10 years ago would get you in bother nowadays.

Spot on report everything, do not be fobbed off. If you are offended then you are a complainer, don't just report, keep chasing for updates, if not happy then raise a complaint (this can also be done online).

If the complaint is not handled to your liking refer to PIRC.

Yes there is. Not everyone lives in a constant state of being offended. Now I get your reasoning and perhaps what life is like just now is unfair but this is completely ridiculous.

Fwiw I’m completely against Government defined speech laws, speech under no way should be illegal, I do think companies like Rangers are well within their rights to stamp out racism by issuing bans etc, although I’m completely against lifetime ones.

Surely the precedent has been set here?

Sheriff Iain Peebles told Devlin: "This was an act of gross crassness and stupidity taking into account the timing and the place you were when wearing the T-shirt."

At Glasgow Sheriff Court, Devlin, of Gleddoch Road, Glasgow, was convicted of committing a religiously aggravated breach of the peace on May 14 this year

That's been bookmarked and will be getting pounded from now on,I'll be reporting everything I come across now.

For political reasons the police are not interested in investigating anti-British hatred, it is only anti-Irish hatred that interests them.

Report, report and report again. It’s time to fight fire with fire. I’m heartily sick of bears being attacked from every quarter. It’s time to stand up and be counted or roll over.
If we were to fight fire with fire we'd be calling out the imbalance that exists in msm. Too far? %^*& no!

We are currently losing big time in a cultural war that has been going on for years as we have blithely patted any creatures, who howled about sectarianism, on the head and passed them off as paranoid or unstable wee souls more to be pitied than scorned. All the while they have been organised and focused on demonising all things Protestant and Rangers.

I hold my hands up to being part of a generation who have allowed the cult to blindside us and creep into power in every aspect of Scottish life despite their constant whining about inequality due to their 'heritage'.

Dismissing the call to fight fire with fire because it's not our way, or it'll end the biggest derby in world football (which it isn't; it's amongst the big list but not top) is naive and quite frankly why we are sitting second in a 2 horse race.

I wholeheartedly agree every time a creature/s uses, what to an individual Bear is deemed offensive or sectarian get them reported.

We might not get a lot of prosecutions but the strain on the system will fairly certainly lead to a change in the attitude of politicians and their poodles in Police Scotland.

Stand together brothers and sisters and take the fight to the cowards, we will prevail.

This post has to be made a sticky

How do we report the video from Dakota hotel out of interest? Can you just report that you’ve seen a video?? I’m deeply offended by the chanting as Celtic players left on the bus.

As someone who has used this online reporting of hate crimes a few times, I find it is next to useless if it’s reporting crimes that do not fit the SNP narrative of racism. For example, I reported the recent video of Scotland fans in a Fife pub clearing singing “if you hate the fukcing English clap your hands” as being a racist Hate crime.

Despite repeated requests, all they will tell me is that they have “dealt with it”. Can anybody tell me if they have seen a report in any newspaper telling us about who has been charged etc? No either have I.

This is the video -

Just had a call from PS, following up from a complaint made to them about the scum bus arriving last week and the anti protestant bigotry on show. The pleasant young man informed me that a complaint had been made the following day and it was being investigated as a hate crime.
Well done sir. Did you actually send the video to them or just report the crime ?

Just had a call from PS, following up from a complaint made to them about the scum bus arriving last week and the anti protestant bigotry on show. The pleasant young man informed me that a complaint had been made the following day and it was being investigated as a hate crime.
Well played mate, I am going to copy and paste the following for yourself and others and will continue to do so, remember always ask why no public statement (if and when the perpetrators have been identified)

'
Bears I have said this a few times report every offensive tweet by every one of our enemies to the Police, and everything else die that matter

Do not be fobbed off, If you are offended then you are a complainer, don't just report, keep chasing for updates, if not happy then raise a complaint (this can also be done online).

If the complaint is not handled to your liking refer to PIRC. I am in no way offended by them however it is now at the stage we need to fight dirty.

To quote Mr Churchill 'It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary'

Thanks for posting link,
Anyone that sees anything like Celtic fans singing stuff or Scotland fans singing anti English stuff needs to put that in. I will.
The fact 3 people have been arrested for the famine song is a disgrace. If anything it’s anti Irish not anti catholic.
So any Scotland supporters singing ‘if you hate the fvkn English’ should also be arrested. There is no difference at all and that cannot be argued against by snp/police.
First target tonight’s game-need to get footage of anti English (or anti Moldovan for that matter) snd fire it in.

Thanks for posting link,
Anyone that sees anything like Celtic fans singing stuff or Scotland fans singing anti English stuff needs to put that in. I will.
The fact 3 people have been arrested for the famine song is a disgrace. If anything it’s anti Irish not anti catholic.
So any Scotland supporters singing ‘if you hate the fvkn English’ should also be arrested. There is no difference at all and that cannot be argued against by snp/police.
First target tonight’s game-need to get footage of anti English (or anti Moldovan for that matter) snd fire it in.
At the time of the linked below incident, I reported to the police the pub load of football fans (not Rangers fans) singing “if you hate the fuc#ing English clap your hands”. I checked on progress of the investigation yesterday and was told police visited pub, spoke to owner and then closed the case. Can you imagine the headlines if this had been a pub full of Rangers fans and instead of saying they hated the English, they said Irish instead?

I complained about them closing the case and it has now been reopened.

At the time of the linked below incident, I reported to the police the pub load of football fans (not Rangers fans) singing “if you hate the fuc#ing English clap your hands”. I checked on progress of the investigation yesterday and was told police visited pub, spoke to owner and then closed the case. Can you imagine the headlines if this had been a pub full of Rangers fans and instead of saying they hated the English, they said Irish instead?

I complained about them closing the case and it has now been reopened.

How did you check of the case was still open out of interest? I would like some confirmation the vile anti-Protestant chanting at the Dakota hotel last week is being investigated.

How did you check of the case was still open out of interest? I would like some confirmation the vile anti-Protestant chanting at the Dakota hotel last week is being investigated.
I just sent an email to Police Scotland quoting the case number and reply I got stated the case had been closed. However, they have now reopened it.

I used it to report David Green who had given Nir Bitton really vile anti-semitic abuse. I also reported him to Twitter.
His account disappeared from Twitter shortly. Probably as an action he took rather than Twitter.
PS told me twice , as I did not accept the first result , that they considered it dealt with as it had been removed and that they would take no action.

This is not to put you off as I agree with @Northampton_Loyalist that they should be reported. It is just to set expectations.

We might not get a lot of prosecutions but the strain on the system will fairly certainly lead to a change in the attitude of politicians and their poodles in Police Scotland.
Exactly. Play the game. To the rules the chattering classes have set & it will be a Corporal Jones moment

I used it to report David Green who had given Nir Bitton really vile anti-semitic abuse. I also reported him to Twitter.
His account disappeared from Twitter shortly. Probably as an action he took rather than Twitter.
PS told me twice , as I did not accept the first result , that they considered it dealt with as it had been removed and that they would take no action.

This is not to put you off as I agree with @Northampton_Loyalist that they should be reported. It is just to set expectations.
Absolutely. The expectation is not to get arrests and prosecutions, it is to start to address the disparity in reported crimes and to start to try and make headway into the one sided nature of everything.

Absolutely. The expectation is not to get arrests and prosecutions, it is to start to address the disparity in reported crimes and to start to try and make headway into the one sided nature of everything.
Completely agree. I think we should be smart in what we're calling these incidents - for example, see the effects of the concerted effort to make 'anti-Irish and anti-Catholic racism' a thing. If we can collectively and consistently call any reported crimes 'anti-English and/or anti-British and/or anti-Protestant racism' it will greatly help identify reporting numbers and the FOI process can then be used easily to establish reported cases vs arrests made for example (which may shine a light on PS bias).

Was the hatchet job on Alfredo by Jackson logged to PS? I remember being outraged by the wording of the article at the time.

We are going to need a bigger police force, judiciary and jail.

They started all this.
Agreed and there can be no going back.
There will now be available information that’ll show what’s being done about the complaints we make, about the offence that’s being caused to us, so it cannot be swept under the carpet quite so easily.
Pandora’s box is well and truly bust and hope as escaped as well.

If you aren't happy with the police action you make a complaint.

I'll report everything I see, but I don't see every thread or incident

PMs welcome

I reported a hate crime at the train station some junkie shouting hey you ya English bastards why are you sitting with them 2 p**fs. Police Scotland never turned up or got back to me. They only act if you are a SNP msp
If it happened in the train station, report it to British Transport Police.

Completey agree with this . Theres so many young left wing people in Glasgow , so left wing it's beyond belief they will literally tolerate anything. Yet complete racism and hate of anything British and it's just seen as funny

It's as if the big bad rangers support have All just turned into Racist bigots after winning a league title and stopping the scums tainted ten , funny that.
I didn't hear these crys before

Back