Bear in Mind Repost - Can you name the 3 Bears from snippets from their Wikipedia? (Tuesday 17th 3/3)

MrBearightside

1) "He played six seasons at Valley Parade, during which time he won the Division Three championship. After missing out on promotion in 1987–88, he moved to Everton, for whom he scored twice but finished on the losing side in the 1989 FA Cup Final."

Answer -

2) "In December 2002, he notably scored the winner in the Old Firm contest against Celtic (3–2),[4] and left club and country in June 2004, having collected a total of five trophies. He got sent off on his final appearance for Rangers against Dunfermline.[5]"

Answer -

3) "All-in-all he won championship medals in 3 different leagues, and for 7 consecutive seasons – USSR in 1990, Italy in 1991 and Scotland from 1992 to 1996. He remained in Scotland until retiring from playing on May 31, 1996. His first season at Ibrox was undoubtedly his most successful, as they completed the double of the league title and Scottish Cup and he was a regular in the side with 10 goals from 27 league games."

Answer -

3/3 for me today

Was struggling with the first one until the penny dropped that Valley Parade isnt Charlton but Bradford!

That was easy.

Top tip, just hit the Spoiler thing, it tells you the answers(keep it you yourselves though, don't tell the OP) ;)

Really though, 2/3. Got the Mols one wrong

Two out of three for me.
I actually got three but definitely couldn’t have spelt the third ones name, more so his forename.
Thankfully, this ain’t Sporcle!
Only got the second because I remembered the last clue.
I can’t remember the game described.

S

Same here.

Got 3/3 yesterday as well but haven't been posting in these. Just wanted to say the threads are excellent and a good bit of fun. Probably not as many posting on them as will be viewing, like myself, but thanks for doing it and I really have been enjoying them the last few weeks.

Cheers. I like the see the competitiveness come out in some people, and it's great when people are honest enough to say they didn't get any or only got one.

These posts do seem to have gotten more 'traffic' the more I do them, it's a decent way to spend 5 mins each morning.

Only got number 3.

Kicking myself about 2, sat there racking my brain and just couldn't remember.

3/3 if you forgive my atrocious spelling of the 3rd one!

These are from a time when I went to all domestic games home and away, probably a time I'm most likely to get them all.

1 and 3 I didn't even have to check the answer: I knew I was right.

Went through just about every Advocaat forward/midfielder and went with Rod Wallace.

2/3

Edit: I couldn't picture the winner by Mols and I've just gone back and watched the highlights of that game. I have absolutely no recollection of that old firm game for some reason. Weird.

Last edited:
3/3 for the first time,

I must confess I only knew the second one as I was talking about this game on Sunday. I still gave no recollection of MM's goal though. Can remember Moore and De Boer's but not his. Bizarre as I was at the game.

Back