Reserves playing Celtc

TWO more wins could seal the SPFL Reserve League for Rangers after they defeated Celtic at Firhill this afternoon thanks to a Glenn Middleton double.

Gers were good value for their victory over the other half of the Old Firm, and know beating Hamilton and Falkirk in their two remaining fixtures will win them the title barring a major swing in goal difference.

Im lost with above from official site. Are we suggesting a 2 goal difference is a major swing?

Think they mean that two wins makes a minimum goal difference of 4 which the mhankies would have to make up in their two games as well as winning both.
As you say , hardly a shoe-in.

TWO more wins could seal the SPFL Reserve League for Rangers after they defeated Celtic at Firhill this afternoon thanks to a Glenn Middleton double.

Gers were good value for their victory over the other half of the Old Firm, and know beating Hamilton and Falkirk in their two remaining fixtures will win them the title barring a major swing in goal difference.

Im lost with above from official site. Are we suggesting a 2 goal difference is a major swing?

Boaby madman and the cheatin bastard thompson the refs V Hamilton & Falkirk.

That'll be the long and short of it.

Thompson will be sweating blood tae get one our games.

Middleton needs a loan to a lower SPL team. Hamilton or such like.

He’s too good for the Reserves but not good enough for the first team.

Dundee, Hamilton... etc.
He’s too good for hamilton and Dundee. Maybe hearts, motherwell etc.

Young Middleton is physically and mentally ready now! Very bad idea to be loaned out IMHO.
He will be our Kent next season,with a bunch more goals to boot.;)
He did well enough this season for his age.
Asking him to make another step forward next season is the right thing to do.
He can score goals and he can deliver into the box.
He simply has an end product.
To think he won't be involved with the first team is ridiculous.

Going from europa league football to Hamilton isn’t a good move regardless of age IMO. But each to their own.
I get that but how likely would he reach his potential playing 20 minutes every couple of weeks opposed to playing 90 minutes every week.

I get that but how likely would he reach his potential playing 20 minutes every couple of weeks opposed to playing 90 minutes every week.
Depends what side of the game you eant him to learn. Cant imagine he will have a lot of the ball at hamilton therefore you would be developing his off the ball, defensive capabilities which isn’t a bad thing, however i do feel middleton is good enough for a hearts or Motherwell for example. Which they will have more of the ball etc.

Depends what side of the game you eant him to learn. Cant imagine he will have a lot of the ball at hamilton therefore you would be developing his off the ball, defensive capabilities which isn’t a bad thing, however i do feel middleton is good enough for a hearts or Motherwell for example. Which they will have more of the ball etc.

I don’t get this loaning players out to other SPFL teams. As a rule, they mostly despise us. A young player going on loan to one of these clubs is going to immediately be under pressure. Throw in the fact that fans of all clubs - including our own - tend to be ‘on the case’ of loan players much, much quicker than normal and the player is on a hiding to nothing. Yes, it might be ‘character building’ to some but for me it’s an unnecessary hindrance.

The English leagues are the answer. Leagues 1 & 2 virtually guarantee game time as per Rossiter and Docherty. Championship level would be, obviously, tougher. That’s where we should be looking to send these guys.

I don’t get this loaning players out to other SPFL teams. As a rule, they mostly despise us. A young player going on loan to one of these clubs is going to immediately be under pressure. Throw in the fact that fans of all clubs - including our own - tend to be ‘on the case’ of loan players much, much quicker than normal and the player is on a hiding to nothing. Yes, it might be ‘character building’ to some but for me it’s an unnecessary hindrance.

The English leagues are the answer. Leagues 1 & 2 virtually guarantee game time as per Rossiter and Docherty. Championship level would be, obviously, tougher. That’s where we should be looking to send these guys.
League one and two in england aren’t very good. If you wish to play at rangers, the pressure comes with the jersey. If you cant hack a hearts crowd giving you stick Ibrox isnt the place for you. I’d rather they learned how to play in scotland, rather than cruising along nicely with no pressure at a bury for example. Just my opinion.

League one and two in england aren’t very good. If you wish to play at rangers, the pressure comes with the jersey. If you cant hack a hearts crowd giving you stick Ibrox isnt the place for you. I’d rather they learned how to play in scotland, rather than cruising along nicely with no pressure at a bury for example. Just my opinion.

Ha ha @Andy35 our ‘resident’Bury fan would dispute your comment about no pressure. A team desperately trying to clinch promotion, a club that could easily be in the verge of going bust and with the players not having received their wages for a couple of weeks. It’s a dawdle right enough.

Playing standard might not be the best in League 2, League 1 will be on a par with bottom half of top league in SPFL in my opinion. Docherty was a stand-out at Hamilton and has done alright at Shrewsbury, without tearing up the league. He’s currently in and out their team since his eye injury a couple of months or so ago.

My best mate of 50 years is a Motherwell season ticket holder. We’ve discussed us lending them players in the past. He’s all for it but will readily acknowledge that the majority of their fans would want nothing to do with the concept.

Only my opinion mate but I’d stick with sending the guys to England.

Just watched the highlights, two cracking finishes from Middleton, he looks the part up there. A lovely touch and pass from Young-Coombes in the build-up to the second too.

Current table:

1. Motherwell - 33 pts - +15 gd - 1 game left
2. Hibs - 32 pts - + 25 gd - 1 game left
3. Rangers - 32 pts - + 23 gd - 2 games left
4. Celtic - 32 pts - + 21gd - 2 games left

We play 6th place Accies on Tuesday then 5th place Falkirk at an unknown date.

Current table:

Motherwell v Celtic next Monday will give us an idea of what we need to do (other than keeping it simple by winning both games). A wee draw there would give us a small margin for error.

Ha ha @Andy35 our ‘resident’Bury fan would dispute your comment about no pressure. A team desperately trying to clinch promotion, a club that could easily be in the verge of going bust and with the players not having received their wages for a couple of weeks. It’s a dawdle right enough.

Playing standard might not be the best in League 2, League 1 will be on a par with bottom half of top league in SPFL in my opinion. Docherty was a stand-out at Hamilton and has done alright at Shrewsbury, without tearing up the league. He’s currently in and out their team since his eye injury a couple of months or so ago.

My best mate of 50 years is a Motherwell season ticket holder. We’ve discussed us lending them players in the past. He’s all for it but will readily acknowledge that the majority of their fans would want nothing to do with the concept.

Only my opinion mate but I’d stick with sending the guys to England.
Seconded !

A win for Well means that we only need a win and a draw to guarantee the title.

Worst result is a large Celtic victory.

Wouldn't be surprised if those bastards send some first teamers like Burke and Weah to the reserves for a game or two now

Wouldn't be surprised if those bastards send some first teamers like Burke and Weah to the reserves for a game or two now

Burke and Weah have played reserve football the majority of their career mate.

Their hype totally outweighs their actual ability.

Motherwell v Celtic next Monday will give us an idea of what we need to do (other than keeping it simple by winning both games). A wee draw there would give us a small margin for error.
If motherwell win we would require 4 points to win it on goal difference ,it would also mean celtic cant win it

Young Middleton is physically and mentally ready now! Very bad idea to be loaned out IMHO.
He will be our Kent next season,with a bunch more goals to boot.;)
Middleton is nowhere near Kent ability wise. I have seen nothing but kick and run from Middleton.

Middleton is nowhere near Kent ability wise. I have seen nothing but kick and run from Middleton.
You'll wake up soon enough,and see what most of us already see now.
Middleton may not look so flashy as Kent right now,but for sure he will score 3-4 x as many goals as Kent.Just wait and see.;)
Best of luck for your Flames the rest of the way,I'm still hanging on hoping for my Leafs to
get passed the first round.:rolleyes:

Current table:

Tims beat Motherwell 3-1. They are 3 points ahead of us with the same goal difference.

They have 1 game left, we have 2.

Motherwell out of it.

3 horse race.

Back