Rest easy Da - Robert Devine

Not easy mate,sorry for your loss,people will tell you time is a healer,its not ,but what is,when you have grieved for your loss and the sadness and anguish and pain of losing a loved one subsides a little,start to think only of the positive things and the happy times you had with your dad watching the famous going on holiday whatever you both did together,slowly and slowly the sun will peek through,and you will be left with wonderful wonderful memories of him,also he will be up in our blue heaven along with my dad Vinnie, my brother Stephen, uncle ernie,papa bobo,garry telfer and thousands of other bears that have sadly passed away cheering us on to 55.my brother will be 2 years gone 9th march ,I know when we win it I will be an emotional wreck,condolences to you and your family,putting my arms around you from here in Dumfries and giving you all the biggest hug I can,stay strong yours aye Carlos and the Rangers family WATP
What a touching post mate, thank you very much. Here’s to you, your cherished living and your cherished lost ones.

Offering a hug straight back at you pal.

We truly are the people.

What a touching post mate, thank you very much. Here’s to you, your cherished living and your cherished lost ones.

We truly are the people.
Thanks mate

We truly are the people.
Mate it's from the heart I honestly know how feeling and I'm just 2 years older than your late dad,thanks for the reply I'm in tears the now WATP

I’ve been wresting with myself whether to post or not, but my Dad was one of the true Rangers family...

He passed away last Thursday afternoon, aged 67, shortly before the first leg vs. Antwerp. He’s been fighting Parkinson’s for about 4 years now, and had a massive brain aneurysm nearly two weeks ago, which hospitalised him to the point they thought he would only last a matter of hours. He fought on bravely and peacefully in his sleep for nearly a week before finally succumbing.

Dad (Rab as he was known in Kirky where he was born and brought up...Big Bob as he was known down here in England), aged 17 attended the fateful game on the 2nd January 1971 in which he and a couple of his pals escaped via stairway 13. His best pal Tam Sterling (aged just 16) was not, however, as fortunate. Dad carried Tam’s honour, and the hurt of his death, to his own death bed.

I’m just devastated that he never got to see the famous lift the 55, and our ultimate return to greatness. But we’ll celebrate when they do it, and the team have done him proud in the 3 games since he passed.

So many amazing memories of going to Ibrox and away that me and my brother can carry with us. He was a true Rangers man, who epitomised the dignity, humour, passion, pride and fire befitting of the wider Rangers family. A true Blue. He has his rightful place on the Davie Cooper Walk of fame panel and his ashes will be scattered on it when time allows.

Heres to you Dad, rest easy big man.
I'm KBs brother and Rab's eldest son. Thank you all truly and deeply for the wonderful messages and heartfelt responses. I've got tears in my eyes reading this thread but also enormous warmth and pride in my heart. It's providing great comfort during this time.

A couple of posters mentioned that oor Da would have known 55 was on its way and in all honesty not long before he passed away he was texting that 'we are the champions' and 'the league flags coming home' and so on despite me and my brother cursing him for possibly jinxing it! He knew alright and he'll be having a large dram with other absent friends when we finally clinch it!

Thanks again so much and God bless the Glasgow Rangers!

I’ve been wresting with myself whether to post or not, but my Dad was one of the true Rangers family...

He passed away last Thursday afternoon, aged 67, shortly before the first leg vs. Antwerp. He’s been fighting Parkinson’s for about 4 years now, and had a massive brain aneurysm nearly two weeks ago, which hospitalised him to the point they thought he would only last a matter of hours. He fought on bravely and peacefully in his sleep for nearly a week before finally succumbing.

Dad (Rab as he was known in Kirky where he was born and brought up...Big Bob as he was known down here in England), aged 17 attended the fateful game on the 2nd January 1971 in which he and a couple of his pals escaped via stairway 13. His best pal Tam Sterling (aged just 16) was not, however, as fortunate. Dad carried Tam’s honour, and the hurt of his death, to his own death bed.

I’m just devastated that he never got to see the famous lift the 55, and our ultimate return to greatness. But we’ll celebrate when they do it, and the team have done him proud in the 3 games since he passed.

So many amazing memories of going to Ibrox and away that me and my brother can carry with us. He was a true Rangers man, who epitomised the dignity, humour, passion, pride and fire befitting of the wider Rangers family. A true Blue. He has his rightful place on the Davie Cooper Walk of fame panel and his ashes will be scattered on it when time allows.

Heres to you Dad, rest easy big man.
So sorry for your loss bro. I lost my dad to Parkinson's in 2014, it was a really brave fight he put up, but really difficult for our whole family. He was a massive rangers fan as well, I'd like to think they'll both be looking down on us with smiles on their faces when the gers win 55. All the best pal, remember your father is at peace now!

Sorry for your loss man. This trophy is for all of us, your staunch dad and all absent Bears. I hope they’re all looking down on us absolutely buzzing while partying up there.

Back