Rest players or try go unbeaten?

Zizou

When we win the league do we rest players and go all out for Europe or do we just rotate a couple players and try go unbeaten in league?

How many times has this been asked in one way or another last few weeks? B-)

Everyone’s opinion will be different but for me I’d focus fully on the Scottish cup & Europe if we win this round & get a favourable draw in the next. Why not, what have we got to lose?

Might see zungu, wright & hagi & item start at the weekend. When it’s wrapped up McLaughlin , Simpson & Defoe will get more game time.

I'm not fussed about going unbeaten. If it happens great.

Once the League is won, we have the chance to focus on winning at least 1 other trophy this season. After the LC fiasco earlier this season we have a chance to put that right by winning the Scottish Cup.

Winning the Europa would be amazing but highly unlikely.

We don't really need to rest players on Saturday as we have a 5 day gap before we play Slavia and then no weekend fixture. The Celtic game is right before the international break, so no need to rest players. We then play cove on our first game back.

If we get past Slavia Prague, then we should definitely rest players before games. Given the game before the quarter final would be Cove Rangers, I assume that would be a given. I suspect we would rest players in the game between the 2 European games. We are at the end stages of a long and arduous season, players need a rest now and then.

If it meant going to the latter stages of the Europa League, I would happily throw away unbeaten in the league for that. I want us seeded in the champions league play off, getting to the latter stages of the Europa League should accomplish that.

Think we are fortunate enough to have a choice now, obviously we need to deal with Saturday first,

it goes without saying that we should be aiming to win every game but if it was an invincible league season v perhaps uefa quarters/semis I’d go for the cash from the uefa games

I’m not bothered about an unbeaten league season, I’d focus on Europe and the cup and use the remaining league games to give the likes of Simpson and Wright game time ahead of next season.

Keep going because we have Europe and hopefully the cup to go for. Resting players loses momentum.

I think the squad is now of a sufficient standard that rotating a good few players is no longer the big drop off it once was. Also, the good thing is to go unbeaten, you don't have to actually win games, just don't get beat in them. I remember Arsenal's invincibles had a few draws after they wrapped up the title.

Winning the Europa League would be a far, far bigger accolade. Not to mention automatic champions league group stage qualification.
but it won't happen unfortunately. We're really good but it will be a step too far for us to beat teams who spend more on their bench warmers than we spend on our entire squad

but it won't happen unfortunately. We're really good but it will be a step too far for us to beat teams who spend more on their bench warmers than we spend on our entire squad
Probably but going to the quarters or semi finals on our budget would be a ridiculous achievement. It would also help Scotland's and our personal coefficient. A couple more wins and there is a good chance, we will be seeded for the champions league playoffs. That would give us a massive advantage, compared to our Europa League playoffs in recent years.

I’d love an unbeaten season but I’d definitely like to see a program of resting the players in ‘meaningless’ league games - not so much to keep them fresh for Europe but more so in prep for next season. The players have been so intense this year that a short summer break including international games then back for champs league qualifiers would mean ultimately a drop off in intensity next year. Let’s look ahead and get them as prepared as possible physically and mentally for next season once the league is won?!
also to see some younger guys getting first team minutes to see what they can do- been a while since we have had the luxury of being able to blood them without the pressure of having to win games

An unbeaten season would be nice but if we get through the tie against Slavia Prague then we are in a very special position in the Europa League, depending on how some of the other games go, the tournament could really open up for us.

We’ve also got the Scottish Cup to go for and so whilst I can’t imagine Gerrard will allow for a significant drop off in performance, I do think it’s natural that our focus will start to shift to the other competitions.

I’m desperate for us to push as hard as possible for the Europa League, I genuinely believe we have a real chance at it.

There are a couple of notable things that this Rangers team could achieve before the end of the season. Apart from the 1898-99 team which fought an 18 game league campaign, no Rangers team in history has gone through a top-flight season unbeaten. Also, if this side concedes less than 9 goals in the remaining 7 games, they will have the best defensive record of any Rangers team in it's history.

Full strength in Europe.

Full strength in the league but maybe start some fringe players here and there.

Bring on some youngsters for 20-30 mins if we are cruising.

Unbeaten in league is nothing more than sound bites, concentrate on Europe and Scottish Cup. Give our development team a chance to show what they can do in the remaining league games, obviously not including the games against them.

Probably keep doing what we are doing with one or two more changes. players will empty the tank in Europe an will be rotated if necessary

One down sign of having so many players on loan is there are not many young players we can give opportunities to

If we get past Slavia then we won't have a choice other than to start rotating in league matches as the schedule will become a bit crazy. The unbeaten record would be nice it's something this team deserves for how good we've been this season but with scottish cup coming up would be nice to get the double.

Unbeaten is “nice to have” but if the league is wrapped up the focus should be on the Europa and Scottish Cup. I’m also very much in favour of more game time for guys like Scott Wright, Itten, Patterson and younger lads.

No extra silverware or dosh for going the league season unbeaten.

Europa League then Scottish Cup is the focus after securing 55.

That's not to say we still can't go unbeaten but it isn't a concern if we don't.

The priority is with trophies we can still win over the one we already have.
We are very unlikely to win the Europa but every round is worth a fortune compared to anything domestically and can help us maybe avoid selling too many of our Crown Jewels.

It’s been far too long since we won the Scottish cup.

Unbeaten..! A must.

This team's first title, so they should be wanting every possible record and angle on top of that historic 55. Any title is an excellent achievement, but with the 55th, to have an unbeaten record alongside it is something else..!!

We’ve got the squad to manage the schedule, few tweaks here and there to still be competitive in all competitions

Don't care about going undefeated in the League, winning it is all that matters. We are going to do that and we have the added excitement of still being in Europe. That competition immediately takes priority.

Personally I'd look back at a title win and quarter's/semis of Europa with a greater sense of achievement than last 16 and unbeaten.

Europe is more exciting now the leagues "done", worth more to us financially and coefficient wise.

Rest and focus Europe I say.

Compacted Scottish Cup schedule will make it tough I think as we'll want to win that as well as progress as far as possible in Europe

Go for Europe . Each round we progress puts the shitters up Celtic . Imagine a league and Europa league double B-D

Back