Restoration Project Update. Remembering the 66. Robert Grant.

The Moonlighter

Robert Grant didn’t return home from Ibrox on the 2nd January 1971.

He was only 21.

Earlier this year we were contacted by a Robert Lindsay of the Bishopton RSC who informed us that he had visited Robert’s grave and asked if we could restore the plot and re-letter the inscription.

Robert managed to get a contact number for Robert Grant’s sister whom I spoke to and explained the on-going work with the Restoration of Rangers Graves Project.

She agreed to restoration of her brother’s stone .

We’re delighted to say that this work was completed yesterday.

28m4z.jpg

2zrfiix.jpg

How can you help The Restoration of Rangers Graves Project?

We of course won’t carry out any restoration work without first consulting with the relatives of those affected by the disasters and gaining their consent.

Do you know of any relative that we can approach and offer assistance?

If you can help please send an email to the founderstrail@gmail.com or call 0790 2855536.

Donations can be made here on our website or in person before any future match at Ibrox.

https://www.thefounderstrail.co.uk/the-restoration-of-rangers-graves

Last edited:
Robert Grant didn’t return home from Ibrox on the 2nd January 1971.

He was only 21.

Earlier this year we were contacted by a Robert Lindsay of the Bishopton RSC who informed us that he had visited Robert’s grave and asked if we could restore the plot and re-letter the inscription.

Robert managed to get a contact number for Robert Grant’s sister whom I spoke to and explained the on-going work with the Restoration of Rangers Graves Project.

She agreed to restoration of her brother’s stone .

We’re delighted to say that this work was completed yesterday.

28m4z.jpg

2zrfiix.jpg

How can you help The Restoration of Rangers Graves Project?

We of course won’t carry out any restoration work without first consulting with the relatives of those affected by the disasters and gaining their consent.

Do you know of any relative that we can approach and offer assistance?

If you can help please send an email to the founderstrail@gmail.com or call 0790 2855536.

Donations can be made here on our website or in person before any future match at Ibrox.

https://www.thefounderstrail.co.uk/t...rangers-graves

Well done on a good job.
To all those involved in this ongoing project total respect and keep up the good work.
Its well appreciated the work and effort you are all doing.

Excellent job again guys. Well done to all involved.
As much as a lot of the work you guys do is for the club, the human touch is probably often ignored or forgotten about. It's very humbling to have you doing what you're doing!

On behalf of eveyone at Bishopton RSC, sincere thanks to all the team involved in the restoration of Robbie's headstone. Your groups dedication is greatly appreciated by all, and the respect and attention to detail shown reflects in the standard of finish achieved. Special mention to Ian who does the lettering, who completes the task by laying flowers and respectfully reads a poem. You are all a credit to our club.
WATP.

I knew Robbie, and I was at his funeral.

Great job well done to all....
On behalf of eveyone at Bishopton RSC, sincere thanks to all the team involved in the restoration of Robbie's headstone. Your groups dedication is greatly appreciated by all, and the respect and attention to detail shown reflects in the standard of finish achieved. Special mention to Ian who does the lettering, who completes the task by laying flowers and respectfully reads a poem. You are all a credit to our club.
WATP.

Thank you.

Ian's one in a million.

On all of the plots that we've restored he always asks for all details that we have to be sent so he can sit and chat with the individual while he works.

:)

Last edited:
WATP.
Absolutely , I know the guys don't look for any plaudits but it really deserves to be shared with a wider audience.

It's just been brought to my attention by a fellow supporter that tragically Robert's dad James also died on the day of a Rangers v Celtic match.

22nd March 1986 the famous 4-4 game.

The work these guys carry out really does make you appreciate that we as rangers fans have some of the best and most humble men and women within any support on the planet.
The restoration work they carry out is exemplary.
Really well done to all involved.

Well done to all involved. In fact a great big well done and thank you so much. At times like this it is humbling to be part of the Gers family.

NorseGod the chap that did the reworking on the lettering on Robert and his father's headstone has been given a week's holiday from the board, (he's a good lad really) and has asked me to post the following photo below, on his behalf.

He didn't think his original photo he sent over to The Moonlighter to use, showed the clarity of his work and wanted everyone to see it close up, as to reassure them, that the work he carries out is done to a very high standard, befitting our Absent Friends, Players and Managers.

And as you can see, it most definitely is. This is not NG looking for praise, far from it, he just wants people to see that the team over at the Restoration Project all pay a great deal of attention to detail and want's you all to know, that will always be the case.

71gpwx.jpg

Last edited:
WATP.

Was a real pleasure to meet you Robert.

I thoroughly enjoyed our chats and would like to thank you for taking the the time to come and talk with me each day.

You Sir are a true credit to The Rangers Support and a gentleman of the highest order.

Wish you and all at Bishopton Rangers Supporters Club health & happiness and thank you all for what you have done and also donated to The Rangers Grave Restoration Project.

I also had the honour of meeting 84 years young Danny Burns, a friend of Robert Grants and was on the same bus as him that fateful day.

The respect and love for Robert in the local community is still very evident and wonderful to hear/feel.

I left Bishopton with warm feelings and memories from my time there.

Bishopton Cemetery is a true beauty spot in it's own right with the most picturesque views.

Robert lays at rest in a little piece of heaven on earth, a beautiful place.

Once again well done to all involved, I'm sure Robert's family will be delighted with the restored headstone.
@NorseGod tremendous job on the lettering, well done.
I;; make a donation tomorrow when I come off nightshift.

NorseGod the chap that did the reworking on the lettering on Robert and his father's headstone has been given a week's holiday from the board, (he's a good lad really) and has asked me to post the following photo below, on his behalf.

He didn't think his original photo he sent over to The Moonlighter to use, showed the clarity of his work and wanted everyone to see it close up, as to reassure them, that the work he carries out is done to a very high standard, befitting our Absent Friends, Players and Managers.

And as you can see, it most definitely is. This is not NG looking for praise, far from it, he just wants people to see that the team over at the Restoration Project all pay a great deal of attention to detail and want's you all to know, that will always be the case.

71gpwx.jpg

Supporters like yourselves ensure our work carries on, on many fronts.

From The Sponsored Walk on The Founders Trail, clearing overgrown bushes in cemeteries to continued donations of hard earned to keep helping The Project.

A heartfelt Thank You to you all Bears.

All compliments have been accepted with the grace in which they have been given and are accepted on behalf of the team.

The work carried out is done by Bears and all funds raised from Bears donations buy new headstones and re-erect fallen headstones.

Full credit lies with The Rangers Support Worldwide.

The flowers laid by The Rangers Support are oriental rainbow lilies and the poem read is The Gallant Pioneers by our fellow poster and dear friend of mine, ItsInTheNet.

In Memory Of Robert Grant

With love from The Rangers Support.

Back