Restrictions easing july 19th

Restrictions are going, but “advice” is remaining. Reckon “advice” will remain on football for a few months yet. All my optimism on this is gone now

There is no way this will happen. The restrictions are here in the UK because we have allowed the government to gain full control over us. This conversation will still be happening in 5 years.
The goalposts will always be changed we wont ever get back to the way it was before the lockdowns etc. Im still astounded how easy it was for the government to control and continue to control the population.

Restrictions are going, but “advice” is remaining. Reckon “advice” will remain on football for a few months yet. All my optimism on this is gone now
The Government (both UK and Scottish) have throughout the pandemic been very cute to blur the lines between law and “advice”. But at the end of the day they can “advise” all they want. But if there is no law against it and Rangers or anyone else wants to open their stadium irrespective of advice then they are entitled to do it. The obvious way for Rangers to play it is for Ibrox to be opened but for the club to remind us of the “advice”. Closely followed of course by 52,000 of us ignoring the advice.

The only possibility that this timeframe can happen is if Bumbling Boris does not cave in to the impending SAGE onslaught and does indeed open up on 19th July.
If he sticks to his word, Krankie will be forced to follow suit. But I doubt Mr Johnson is going to grow a set anytime soon.

The only possibility that this timeframe can happen is if Bumbling Boris does not cave in to the impending SAGE onslaught and does indeed open up on 19th July.
If he sticks to his word, Krankie will be forced to follow suit. But I doubt Mr Johnson is going to grow a set anytime soon.
He won’t move it again. He looked slightly stupid doing it the first time. He won’t do it a second time.

For those losing their shit over the cases going up - this was what was always going to happen with schools and business going back. In fact it was even modelled.

We’re still way better than those wonderful SAGE gurus BEST case prediction and nowhere near - literally not even on the same planet let alone ballpark - as their worst.

I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see her giving up her COVID shield anytime soon.

Its just too convenient for her to:

- have the Westminster money tap
- be able to use COVID to divert scrutiny on her administrations performance
- use COVID as a source of grievance
- allow her to continue her Chief Mammy act
- allow her to create and maximise difference
- allow her to create the illusion of a border

They are trying to extend the emergency covid powers to September 2022 yet people think we are going to be back to normal with zero restrictions by Mid August (2021).

People are absolutely mental. No wonder it has been so easy to rip the p*ss out of society as a whole over the last 15 months.
The 3xtension of the emergency powers act is the big give away mate.we are looking at September at the earliest in my opinion.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

I’m pleased I was an armchair fan anyway and it isn’t bothering me being away from Ibrox. I know plenty chomping at the bit to get back. It’ll be great to hear the roar again. I didn’t realise how much I missed it until crowds came back at the Euros.

Back