Restrictions easing july 19th

He won’t move it again. He looked slightly stupid doing it the first time. He won’t do it a second time.

For those losing their shit over the cases going up - this was what was always going to happen with schools and business going back. In fact it was even modelled.

We’re still way better than those wonderful SAGE gurus BEST case prediction and nowhere near - literally not even on the same planet let alone ballpark - as their worst.
I’ve got no faith in Johnson. He forgets one day what he said the previous. He’s been banging on for months now about the’ irreversible’ move out of lockdown, and yet only yesterday he states we could have another winter shutdown.

Are all SPL clubs allowed 2,000? Or us 2,000 maximum pro rata of ground size?

Outdoor seated and open space events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 2,000 people.

Guidance is being produced which may allow higher capacities to be agreed with the local authority/ Scottish Government depending on the event.

Last edited:

Outdoor seated and open space events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 2,000 people.

Guidance is being produced which may allow higher capacities to be agreed with the local authority/ Scottish Government depending on the event.
So we have to get permission from Glasgow Catholic Council to get any more than 2,000 into Ibrox ?

I think the article is a bit misleading if we can apply for more.

Also the end of the article alludes to ending all SD and covid restrictions from 9 Aug - if this is the case are we in a ridiculous scenario where we could have 2,000 fans from 19 July - 8 August them 50,000 fans from 9 August? If so that's farcical.

She says a lot of things, usually all lies.

I fully expect to be bumped up to tier 3 the minute Hampden is no longer needed for the euros.
Nah, I don't think so, I think the country is now slowly getting back to normal.

Westminster and Boris need to STICK to the 19th of July. She will then follow. (3 weeks later).

Cases were always going to rise with more people getting tested but hospital admissions are down

Cases rise when restrictions are lifted. The difference this time is so many are vaccinated. Those that arent tend to be younger and less vulnerable. Herd immunity will work for them.

The pandemic is under control here in the UK and numbers in hospital will remain manageable. Its around 1,350 at present.

England has a different plan in terms of number allowed at events

On Saturday Twickenham hosts the Premiership Rugby Final capacity is set at 10k in an 82k stadium under current rules on attendance

They had planned for 20k and sold tickets for that capacity and since had to refund those due to the delay of lifting all restrictions yesterday then had applied to the UK Government to then class the game as Pilot Event under the Event Research Programme but were denied

Meanwhile at Wembley on the sameday there can be upto 22k in attendance as it under Event Research Programme for a Euro 2020 game

Nah, I don't think so, I think the country is now slowly getting back to normal.

Westminster and Boris need to STICK to the 19th of July. She will then follow. (3 weeks later).

I hope so but I'm highly doubtful. 15 months of being lied to and having every rug pulled out from under you doesn't give me much hope.

yet they have 12000 at thee euros and 16000 at the rugby this week f...the snp.

Surely bigger stadium more fans or is that too hard to fathom for the Scottish Government

I don't get this point. So they are doing all this for control and what do they gain through this control? GDP is still below what it was pre Pandemic, employment is still down pre Pandemic and welfare payment is higher than it was pre Pandemic.

It doesn't benefit any government in any way

What has she actually said? I thought it was that current restrictions will stay in place until the 19th July. Given we are in level 2 I'd be surprised of we jumped straight to level 0 on the 20th.
most of the central belt at the moment should be in Level 3 or even 4 given that Moray was thrown into level 3 for having cases of 87/100,000

I don't get this point. So they are doing all this for control and what do they gain through this control? GDP is still below what it was pre Pandemic, employment is still down pre Pandemic and welfare payment is higher than it was pre Pandemic.

It doesn't benefit any government in any way
Have you see how she has used that control to demonise the Rangers support but turned a blind eye to the Scotland support? this has also given her a daily political broadcast to bash Westminster, she is loving the division she is creating and won't give that up in a hurry.

Last edited:
Just extended her COVID powers for another 15 months, she’s not giving up this power trip any time soon.
Flu and pneumonia deaths are now ten times higher than covid, just waiting on her to use them as the new bogeyyman to justify ongoing restrictions.

Flu and pneumonia deaths are now ten times higher than covid, just waiting on her to use them as the new bogeyyman to justify ongoing restrictions.

She’ll find something, don’t worry about that. The face level zero still leaves severe restrictions to our freedom should have been the alarm bell.

WTF!! So do we just ignore the restrictions from now on ffs!!
Travelling VIPs are now exempt from self isolation and quarantine rules for the Euro Finals at Wembley.
204728602_3100183460203799_1207290548070949721_n.jpg

So 12,500 just now at Hampden and 2,000 for the first Ibrox match, they are just making it up. I'll believe the no restrictions in August when I see it.
Has any journalist actually earned their keep and chinned her about that? That's just absurd.

Don't expect full stadia on August 9th according to Maxwell on Radio Shotland this morning. I gleaned from what he was saying is that there will be a gradual return to full stadia from this date and we may have to wear facemasks. So I don't expect 50,000 of us filling Ibrox on that date, but hopefully soon after. No doubt we will get some clarity before the season starts.

It's utterly galling to watch countries like Denmark and Hungary have their stadiums full and be pretty much back to normal while we suffer in silence.

The absolute levels of fuckery our Government display are ridiculous.

I’ve heard (3rd hand from SNP MSP) that the nats are planning another circuit break lockdown after the euros. Not sure how reliable but sounds like something she’d do, desperately doesn’t want to let go of the emergency powers.

Back