Result of today's vote will be kept secret?

jaws73

Official Ticketer
Here's why clubs don't have to vote on SPFL plan by today's 5pm 'deadline'
Result of ballot may not be known until next week

Clubs cannot be compelled to vote by 5pm this afternoon on the SPFL’s resolution to bring an immediate end to the season for the Championship, League One and League Two.

The league body has requested that its 42 members send in their ballot papers attached to emails by that point today but the Companies Act 2006 provides a 28-day period be given for adopting or rejecting written resolutions.

The SPFL is confident that, as typically happens, such responses will be lodged within the time frame it has set out but the result of the ballot won’t be known immediately.

It is up to the SPFL board to decide when it makes public the outcome, and sources close to the governing body have intimated that it could be the middle of next week before the result is announced.

Early confidence in the SPFL that it has the 75 per cent threshold across all four tiers required to be reached for the resolution to pass – which equates to at least nine Premiership clubs, eight Championship clubs, and 15 of the 20 clubs in League One and League Two adopting it – appeared to erode yesterday.

One Championship club maintains there are three clubs in their set-up unwilling to vote in favour of calling the campaign on the basis of points earned per game before the coronavirus shutdown, which left most clubs with eight or nine league games outstanding.

'Rancid' just doesn't begin to cover what is going on, does it?

They can keep it secret for as long or short as they want it won’t matter one iota c’mon to f**k people get real from day one of this absolute terrifying virus put a stop to all football and other sports there was only going to be one outcome and now even Budge has admitted defeat so let them have the AWARDED and not won title and make sure they know it wasn’t won on the pitch and let them claim 8.79 titles in a row because they certainly cannot claim 9 or as I have said previously the asterisk 1

It begs the question why they don’t null and void the leagues , restructure so the the leagues below 2 teams move up promoted no relegation , share the money out equally to all Scottish Clubs , if it has to be the European standings go as they stand and move onto next season.
That sounds too sensible and fair to be even considered. I feel the whole point of this charade is to award the title to the beggars. It’s unbelievable why this isn’t called out by more clubs.

I am clinging on to the small amount of hope that I have that it is rejected although as I think others mentioned yesterday, this is only the first stage in their grand plan to just give the league away To them.

It just proves they have something to hide and don't care about the normal supporters. Supporters don't count now we don't need to tell them anything is the message coming through. Not fit for purpose.

i already refuse to pay for a premiership away game due to the way we were treated in 2011/12 but if celtic are given this championship i wont spend another penny within scottish football ever again.

For clarity they should be making the vote public otherwise it will just seem even more untoward and underhand.

So much for an open transparent regime, can you imagine any other football governing body behaving like this

I want to know exactly who voted what way , and why shouldn’t the public know , what is there to hide ?

It is really strange how Scottish football has gone all in to get a decision made on completing the season today. Just exactly what has become the sudden rush, panic even.
I think the reason may be that the word from down south is that Liverpool will not be(or want to be) crowned EPL Champions.
Celtc could then hardly lay claim to the title here, given that Liverpool have a far superior lead than them.

PS I think today's vote will fail anyway.

Aka if required those who dissent will have a few days worth of ‘convincing’ to get them to change their mind before it is publicly announced.

Back