No Fear
Everlast
Sondico
GoldDigga
Kangol
Karrimor
Lonsdale
LA Gear

I know there were some comments from folk who think they can't avoid Sports Direct, but we can make informed choices.

We can't take them down individually, but we can choose to stop bolstering their profits.

Do we really need pile-it-high tat from Sports Direct?

Do we really need overpriced games from Game?

Do we really need designer gear from USC/HoF?

Do we really need their crappy clothing brands?

One person won't make a difference. Thousands of us will. Besides, it's about having the pride and standing by your team by just making a stand.

EDIT: Thanks to @Bar72loyal for those in italics.
Thanks to @ifu01334 for highlighting that Sports Direct use websites that hide the SD brand. These are in a new section above (and usually are referred to as "Wareshop2" in the T&C's)

(Just a note that Sports Direct no longer have a stake in Debenhams.)

Last edited:
Outlets

Sports Direct
Goals (5-a-side)
USC
Game
Evans Cycles
Lillywhites
Field & Trek
House of Fraser
Gelert
Findel

Brands

Slazenger
French Connection
Firetrap
Airwalk
Campri
Donnay
No Fear
Everlast
Sondico
GoldDigga
Kangol
Karrimor
Lonsdale
LA Gear

I know there were some comments from folk who think they can't avoid Sports Direct, but we can make informed choices.

We can't take them down individually, but we can choose to stop bolstering their profits.

One person won't make a difference. Thousands of us will. Besides, it's about having the pride and standing by your team by just making a stand.

Flannels aswell, he also owns cruise clothing aswell.

Outlets

Sports Direct
Goals (5-a-side)
USC
Game
Evans Cycles
Lillywhites
Field & Trek
House of Fraser
Gelert
Findel

Brands

Slazenger
French Connection
Firetrap
Airwalk
Campri
Donnay
No Fear
Everlast
Sondico
GoldDigga
Kangol
Karrimor
Lonsdale
LA Gear

Flannels

He also owns a number of websites that have no affiliation to SD to the naked eye. I deliberately went looking for a pair of golf shoes a few years back on the basis I wouldn't buy from Ashley. Eventually found a website and when the shoes arrived, had a SD invoice in the box. Was raging

Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct has bought a 25% share in brand agency Four Marketing. Four Marketing distributes brands including Stone Island, CP Company, Velvet, Barena, Orla Kiely and 7 For All Mankind.

Another industry insider said: “It doesn’t make much sense to me at the moment because Sports Direct have access to all the brands they would want through Cruise, Van Mildert and Flannels, and it’s not as if they can sell any more Stone Island because it is strictly controlled by Italy.

Debenhams too, right?

Wiki has it as:

Stores:
  • Bob's Stores
  • Brand Max
  • EAG, Austrian sports chain in which Sports Direct acquired a 51% stake for €40.5m (£34.6m) in May 2013
  • Eastern Mountain Sports
  • European Golf
  • Evans Cycles
  • Field & Trek
  • Firetrap
  • Flannels
  • French Connection, 27% share
  • Game Digital plc, partnership collaboration agreement
  • Gelert
  • Heatons Ireland
  • House of Fraser
  • Iconix Brand Group, 8.6% share
  • Lillywhites
  • Sportland International Group, major Baltic sports retailer in which Sports Direct acquired a 60% stake in May 2013
  • SportsDirect.com
  • Sweatshop
  • Tri UK
  • USC
Brands:
  • Agent Provocateur
  • Airwalk
  • British Knights
  • Campri
  • Carlton
  • Donnay
  • Everlast
  • Firetrap
  • Gelert
  • GoldDigga
  • Gul
  • Hot Tuna Clothing
  • Kangol
  • Karrimor
  • LA Gear
  • Lonsdale
  • Lovell Rackets
  • Miso
  • Miss Fiori
  • Muddyfox
  • Nevica
  • No Fear
  • Slazenger
  • Sondico
  • SoulCal
  • USA Pro
  • Voodoo Dolls

Last edited:
He also owns a number of websites that have no affiliation to SD to the naked eye. I deliberately went looking for a pair of golf shoes a few years back on the basis I wouldn't buy from Ashley. Eventually found a website and when the shoes arrived, had a SD invoice in the box. Was raging

Good shout! I'll add these

Sent back for a full refund I hope

What website? Was it Direct Golf?

If so, pretty obvious that it's Sports Direct!

Outlets

Sports Direct
Goals (5-a-side)
USC
Game
Evans Cycles
Lillywhites
Field & Trek
House of Fraser
Gelert
Findel
Flannels
Cruise Clothing

Brands

Slazenger
French Connection
Firetrap
Airwalk
Campri
Donnay
No Fear
Everlast
Sondico
GoldDigga
Kangol
Karrimor
Lonsdale
LA Gear

EDIT: Thanks to @Bar72loyal for those in italics.

Can we get admin to pin this?

"I don't look at it that I am personally handing Mike Ashley a fiver, I am looking at it as that I play football with a bunch of mates and have done nigh on every Thursday for the past 22 years."

That's from another thread. People dont give a shit because it will impact on their lifestyle. He is toxic, I wouldn't shop from him even if he wasn't involved with Rangers. His business practices are poisonous and he's polluting our town centres.

bit fucked as the only boots i use for work ar karrimor as they are the only ones that fit 10.5, our supplier at work cant do 10.5 and other brands are 3 times the price.
this might sound trivial but im fucked if im spending £130 on boots i can get for £40 just to get it up ashley, sorry if thats not staunch enough for you but tough shit.

i wont buy from SD.

i also use a cycle to work scheme and guess who supplies the bikes? you got it, Evans, and i dont think my payroll dept in Salford give a %^*& about my team/ club loyalties.

i get that starving cun t face for money is what's needed but it's not always black and white and easy to do, and i will 100% guarantee even those who spout shite about not lining his pockets, will one way or another either own or have bought something that he has his finger in.

trivial points as i say but theres %^*& all i can do about it except not shop in any of his franchises.

one of his flannels shops in stockport got fucked a few weeks back when a large group of lads walked in and started lifting loads of gear and ran off with thousands of pounds worth.

"I don't look at it that I am personally handing Mike Ashley a fiver, I am looking at it as that I play football with a bunch of mates and have done nigh on every Thursday for the past 22 years."

That's from another thread. People dont give a shit because it will impact on their lifestyle. He is toxic, I wouldn't shop from him even if he wasn't involved with Rangers. His business practices are poisonous and he's polluting our town centres.

I believe that this person is a minority. I think the majority of us will not shop there.

bit fucked as the only boots i use for work ar karrimor as they are the only ones that fit 10.5, our supplier at work cant do 10.5 and other brands are 3 times the price.
this might sound trivial but im fucked if im spending £130 on boots i can get for £40 just to get it up ashley, sorry if thats not staunch enough for you but tough shit.

i wont buy from SD.

i also use a cycle to work scheme and guess who supplies the bikes? you got it, Evans, and i dont think my payroll dept in Salford give a %^*& about my team/ club loyalties.

i get that starving cun t face for money is what's needed but it's not always black and white and easy to do, and i will 100% guarantee even those who spout shite about not lining his pockets, will one way or another either own or have bought something that he has his finger in.

trivial points as i say but theres %^*& all i can do about it except not shop in any of his franchises.

one of his flannels shops in stockport got fucked a few weeks back when a large group of lads walked in and started lifting loads of gear and ran off with thousands of pounds worth.

It's about making an informed choice though. If your employer only use those companies then you can have a clear conscience.

Do you have a trade union in your workplace? You could ask them to discuss your company ditching SD (I'm sure their draconian working practices are enough of a reason to get them on board).

We also need a list of alternative outlets and brands
Most of his own brands are utter shite but yes. JD, Greaves M and M direct instead of Sports direct etc.

Its also about influencing others to avoid his shops.

My Mrs has no interest in Scottish football but avoids fatty as she now knows how much of a scumbag he is, not only re Rangers but the way his company bully staff, zero hours contracts and the likes and his shirebrook gulag

We also need a list of alternative outlets and brands

Good idea. I don't want to list them though as it might become confusing as to which are owned by SD and which aren't.

I also wouldn't want to disadvantaged Scottish or smaller (or both) businesses.

I think folk are capable of finding their own via search engines anyway...

I believe that this person is a minority. I think the majority of us will not shop there.

It's about making an informed choice though. If your employer only use those companies then you can have a clear conscience.

Do you have a trade union in your workplace? You could ask them to discuss your company ditching SD (I'm sure their draconian working practices are enough of a reason to get them on board).
our union are a big supporter of Corbyn so i try not to get involved with them, and tbh unless its union/ uni business they dont want to know, however the point about his work ethic and his ethic towards his workers is valid, i will run it by our rep.

Majority of these things can be bought at different stores. There’s no problem there.

As for his own brands they are all pure shite.

i wont buy from SD.

Screwfix are doing Karrimor style boots for cheaper than Sports Direct are selling their own brand at.

Cycle to work schemes can usually be taken to any bike shop that supports the scheme. Don't know your work place so cannot comment on why you being tied to one chain.

All your choice but you are buying from SD currently.

I

I think we aren't making enough of the poisonous way he runs his brands and businesses.

Jo Swinson was gunning for him before she was ousted by that fat pie Nicolson. Maybe now she's the Lib Dem leader she could pick up it up again....

our union are a big supporter of Corbyn so i try not to get involved with them, and tbh unless its union/ uni business they dont want to know, however the point about his work ethic and his ethic towards his workers is valid, i will run it by our rep.

If they're fans or Corbyn then they'll definitely hate Ashley's working practices! Ask your rep to raise binning them.

Screwfix are doing Karrimor style boots for cheaper than Sports Direct are selling their own brand at.

Cycle to work schemes can usually be taken to any bike shop that supports the scheme. Don't know your work place so cannot comment on why you being tied to one chain.

All your choice but you are buying from SD currently.
i already said i dont buy from SD, i use karrimor boots but not from SD, and what fucking use are karrimor style boots! its not about the fucking look its about the fitment i do a lot of walking so i dont give a %^*& how they look only how they feel after 17 fucking miles a day!
and NO you cant use a cycle to work in any bike shop where i work or that wouldn't have been an issue.

Sports Direct - the tramps choice

Sports Direct - where the lowest of the low go!

Sports Direct - the stock is so bad they only offer credit notes and exchanges.

Sports Direct - where customers and staff don't matter.

DidI read it right that you get charged £4.99 to get goods delivered into the store to pick up? That's disgraceful, few other retailers do that.

Back