Retro Kit

Just been into Buchanan street store, very limited S, M, L available in long sleeve and most sizes available in short sleeve. My pal got an xl shirt sleeve so that was there

As we have a yellow keeper top this season, they should have made this grey like we had in the 80s and 90s.
That would’ve been smart. The only time we’ve had a shirt in that shade of purple was the Puma monstrosity.

Last edited:
I’ve really not.
Personally I think £50 would have been spot on - just my opinion of course - but it would have been a terrific gesture to the fans if they released this top at say £35. A thank you to the great support shown during this pandemic when we can’t get to games but still pay season ticket money etc. The same fans that had to put up with a less than stellar kit launch by the club and Castore. The same fans who many have fallen on hard times due to this pandemic but would still love to get this top. Christmas coming up too.
It could have been something more than a quick cash grab imho. I appreciate there are two way of looking at it as no one is being forced to buy it but that is my take.

Personally I think £50 would have been spot on - just my opinion of course - but it would have been a terrific gesture to the fans if they released this top at say £35. A thank you to the great support shown during this pandemic when we can’t get to games but still pay season ticket money etc. The same fans that had to put up with a less than stellar kit launch by the club and Castore. The same fans who many have fallen on hard times due to this pandemic but would still love to get this top. Christmas coming up too.
It could have been something more than a quick cash grab imho. I appreciate there are two way of looking at it as no one is being forced to buy it but that is my take.
Problem is if you can buy this at 35 quid, or even 50 quid, how many people are going to buy the actual top at £65? I’d say very few

They wouldn’t release the top at £35 when they know they can get closer to £70 for it, just doesn’t make business sense. I get that times are hard but the club knows there’s enough Fans what will pay it. The money will be massive for the club

Have to admit that i have just ordered from sports direct. Seen there was only so many made and that they have been sold out on our website since day one and really wanted one so had to purchase. Did notice tho that they have it listed as this seasons cup strip.

I think it looks quite good, but why didn't they just bring out a retro of an actual top?
Presumably rights issues when they were made by other sportswear companies.

I think the new one is nice and really like mine. It's plain, sponsorless and old school by design. Don't really follow the criticism of that.

Mine has just arrived. Very nice top. I went a size up from normal (Large when I'm usually a Medium) and it fits exactly as a medium normally does. I did measure myself against there size guide prior to ordering to be fair.

If I was to nitpick, I'd probably do without the five stars stuck on the back of the neck. Feel unnecessary and also like they won't last, but I'll do my best to take care of it.

Otherwise, no complaints so far and it came quickly, so positive experience for me on this one.

Goalie jersey for me. Looking forward to it arriving.

If Castore are to continue making these retro kits, hopefully they can be a bit different to the usual 70's/80's type template they follow. Some absolutely cracking kits from the 90's and 00's to take inspiration from.

Don't know if mentioned earlier in the thread but received mine today and the invoice calls this the the 'Cup Shirt' so guess that's it confirmed for sure what games this will be used in if it hadn't already.

Don't know if mentioned earlier in the thread but received mine today and the invoice calls this the the 'Cup Shirt' so guess that's it confirmed for sure what games this will be used in if it hadn't already.
I noticed that's what the Fat C*nts Emporium were describing it as. I assume yours came from Rangers? If so, it does confirm it for Cup competitions, which is what I expected anyway.

Have to admit that i have just ordered from sports direct. Seen there was only so many made and that they have been sold out on our website since day one and really wanted one so had to purchase. Did notice tho that they have it listed as this seasons cup strip.
Had to?

Fucking hell man

Plenty of retro tops in the stadium store. S- XXL. Also have it long sleeve up to XL. Got myself the long sleeve retro. Definitely plenty of stock in now.

Back