Retro Kit

Those with no confirmation emails, or whatever, might want to check their Junk Mail folders. Standard location for anything I get Rangers-related.

Ordered on 11.34am - Order number RFC71867.

Had nothing since the original confirmation but just assumed a standard 3-5 days dispatch.

Just arrived in glasgow so thought i would get the wee man the full black kit,the one in town did not have the shorts for his size but they said the shop at Ibrox had them so headed straight there.

Just left the store at Ibrox with nothing,can't get the full kit in the black or the white away strips as they are either out of shorts in the black one or the socks for the white strip,bit frustrated by it to be honest.

Ordered mine Friday and no shipping email

seeing people who ordered Saturday wearing it today

castore gotta castore
You sure people ordered Saturday and have the tops today? Royal Mail won't have delivered any today unless they were dispatched on Friday.

1 Working Day since they were released on Friday and folk are complaining already about not having their top :D
it will be hard for people to ever separate Castore in the beginning and their current service. they will look for negatives in this contract going forward. everything i've seen lately has been nothing but positive.

Have to admit that i have just ordered from sports direct. Seen there was only so many made and that they have been sold out on our website since day one and really wanted one so had to purchase. Did notice tho that they have it listed as this seasons cup strip.
Aye nice one mate

Used apple pay at 10.02am on friday morning,as with my order for the black 3rd top i got no confirmation email or dispatch email but the black top turned up in a few days,im guessing midweek before i get this top

Nice to see they may have got over the delivery carry on from last time, presume they are turning up in plain packaging these days ?

no offence but if theres only 10K tops available why are we selling a single one to sports direct????
I only saw a screenshot of follow up email. Sports direct aren't actually getting any until near the end of the month so wondering if the 10k is an initial run. With them getting theirs at a second run?

I see that on the Sports Direct website they are offering personalisation (name and number) to the classic retro shirts.

I wish Rangers had offered this as I would have loved an old school number 4 on the back.
I wonder if they are planning on using old school font or just the SPFL name and number template, which would look shit to be fair

Also, to the 23 people who have purchased it from Sports Direct today, have a word with yourself ffs

I guess some may be in the same situation as me, sold out in their size and dont stay in the Glasgow area, so what are options I presume we will be getting the going rate per shirt as opposed to 50 pence as before?

Anyway to save me going against my strongly held principals and getting slated on here, is anyone visiting the store able to pick up a Large short sleeved top for me?

I guess some may be in the same situation as me, sold out in their size and dont stay in the Glasgow area, so what are options I presume we will be getting the going rate per shirt as opposed to 50 pence as before?

Anyway to save me going against my strongly held principals and getting slated on here, is anyone visiting the store able to pick up a Large short sleeved top for me?
There is zero justification for buying from Sports Direct. None whatsoever. Living too far away certainly isn’t one of them.

Take away your selfish want for a jersey and consider you might not have a club to watch if he got his way.

All the options that are available this simply isn’t one any self respecting Rangers fan should consider. You’d have to be in an actual comma for the last 10 years to miss the money that fat lady's front bottom has cost us, no to mention the progress he’s stopped and the fact he tried to asset strip us.

Fck sake what’s the point with some people

Ordered immediately it became available on Friday and it arrived this morning. Not opened it yet. Credit were credit is due can’t fault castore’s service

Any 'in the flesh' pics?

Looks class from the promo pics but think it will look even better for real

What’s the verdict on the new shop?

Was in today for the 1st time and I’m pretty underwhelmed, not just by the location , the lack of visual impact / signage to find / direct you too it as you walk up towards Buchanan galleries main entrance from Buchanan Street, isn’t great for starters for what should be the landmark / prime Rangers shop in town, but then you find size of the actual unit isn’t great either, must be a 1/3 of the size of the st Enoch store that elite have)

The stock they have to sell, far too focused on the 1st team playing kits (and this new retro top), no track tops / jackets / hoodies / sweatshirts / basic rangers branded T-shirt’s / clothing (I’m thinking back to the more subtle Rangers Collection days

I’m in my 40s, my days of buying the replica top is well over, I may however want to pick up something plain / a basic polo shirt etc, but no, nothing to buy

Keep hearing how castore are so innovative , you wouldn’t see it in the range on offer in the shop that’s for sure

There were a few miscellaneous items , hats / key rings / mouse mats / some mugs, again the designs weren’t great from my view (& no variety if you just want the crest without the 5 stars, (shouldn’t be too difficult to offer variations

You could argue it’s crazy opening a physical store at the moment, but if you are , then I really expected a lot more, I’m sure I read they planned to open other shops in Glasgow, which will perhaps negate the size issue with this one,

Overall I feel they do really need to think of a better / more prominent location & size of shop to pull in the punters & tourists (once they return)

we should be making a statement of intent with the Rangers City Center shop, and I’m afraid this unit / location just doesn’t do it

What’s the verdict on the new shop?

Was in today for the 1st time and I’m pretty underwhelmed, not just by the location , the lack of visual impact / signage to find / direct you too it as you walk up towards Buchanan galleries main entrance from Buchanan Street, isn’t great for starters for what should be the landmark / prime Rangers shop in town, but then you find size of the actual unit isn’t great either, must be a 1/3 of the size of the st Enoch store that elite have)

The stock they have to sell, far too focused on the 1st team playing kits (and this new retro top), no track tops / jackets / hoodies / sweatshirts / basic Rangers branded T-shirt’s / clothing (I’m thinking back to the more subtle Rangers Collection days

I’m in my 40s, my days of buying the replica top is well over, I may however want to pick up something plain / a basic polo shirt etc, but no, nothing to buy

Keep hearing how castore are so innovative , you wouldn’t see it in the range on offer in the shop that’s for sure

There were a few miscellaneous items , hats / key rings / mouse mats / some mugs, again the designs weren’t great from my view (& no variety if you just want the crest without the 5 stars, (shouldn’t be too difficult to offer variations

You could argue it’s crazy opening a physical store at the moment, but if you are , then I really expected a lot more, I’m sure I read they planned to open other shops in Glasgow, which will perhaps negate the size issue with this one,

Overall I feel they do really need to think of a better / more prominent location & size of shop to pull in the punters & tourists (once they return)

we should be making a statement of intent with the Rangers City Center shop, and I’m afraid this unit / location just doesn’t do it

I was in today, and I’d have to broadly agree with your assertion.

It feels like moaning or being churlish when we probably should be grateful for small incremental gains BUT to me it was a bit disappointing.

Perhaps they’ll say “margin on a men’s shirt is £30-40 so we’ll concentrate on that in our business” but as fans we want the extras.

The t-shirts, the slippers, the books and general tat.
You buy a shirt once so ultimately once you’ve done it there’s no need for a return visit. I’m not sure that’s the best longer term model for a Rangers supporters store but I hope for a wider offering soon.
If not, then maybe I’m just stuck in my ways and not appreciating what a sportswear manufacturer wants to do these days.

Dispatch email just through.

Ordered the orange training top at the same time but that's not been dispatched as well. Order is 'partially fulfilled' for some reason. Large is still in stock online so not sure why that hasn't been posted as well.

I was in today, and I’d have to broadly agree with your assertion.

It feels like moaning or being churlish when we probably should be grateful for small incremental gains BUT to me it was a bit disappointing.

Perhaps they’ll say “margin on a men’s shirt is £30-40 so we’ll concentrate on that in our business” but as fans we want the extras.

The t-shirts, the slippers, the books and general tat.
You buy a shirt once so ultimately once you’ve done it there’s no need for a return visit. I’m not sure that’s the best longer term model for a Rangers supporters store but I hope for a wider offering soon.
If not, then maybe I’m just stuck in my ways and not appreciating what a sportswear manufacturer wants to do these days.
It's early yet. I expect them to have all the tat covered next season.

When you say 'them' who do you mean? If it's a Castore shop selling their Rangers wear then I wouldn't expect whisky, slippers, rubber ducks etc. That's the thing with outsourcing our retail - we won't get the range we got when we ran our own shops. If Nike opened a shop, would you expect them to sell non leisure wear items?

When you say 'them' who do you mean? If it's a Castore shop selling their Rangers wear then I wouldn't expect whisky, slippers, rubber ducks etc. That's the thing with outsourcing our retail - we won't get the range we got when we ran our own shops. If Nike opened a shop, would you expect them to sell non leisure wear items?
I don't care about about Nike. I'd expect us to have the tat people want whether it's outsourced or not. They said they (Beahon) would have all that in a podcast. It's a Rangers shop first and foremost.

I don't care about about Nike. I'd expect us to have the tat people want whether it's outsourced or not. They said they (Beahon) would have all that in a podcast. It's a Rangers shop first and foremost.
That's what I'm getting at. If it's a Castore shop, why would they stock products that aren't theirs? That's not their fault, it's ours.

The range of items for sale I’m sure will grow as castore get their feet under the table

It still doesn’t deal with the fact this shop in Glasgow is far too small & badly located , when it comes to launching the next seasons kits they are going to have to do something considering the queues they had outside the much larger St Enoch shop as a guide

Back