Retro Kit

Had a feel when in the store and tbh I’m not that impressed with the material for the top. Pretty sure it’s the same as the home kit.

Probably buy the wee man one though
to be honest i thought the same but still purchased it anyways

There’s a suggestion earlier in the thread that a new batch of this Retro Kit will be available before Christmas. No idea on how accurate that might be.
Not seen that,just that the run was 10,000.
An additional small numbers of units are now available online,according to the email this afternoon.

Why tell folk it is a limited edition shirt of 10,000 if it isn’t?
No idea, but I will be pleased if more are available. So should you if you’re still looking for one LOL. Suspect it will still be ‘limited’. Let’s face it, nobody is buying it because it’s a Limited Edition, they are buying it because they like it.

Just seen you can now order this off the fat man with 20% discount. Infuriating they can sell it for £55 and free personalisation when we have all paid £68.

They must be getting them at a knock down rate. No wonder people being tempted by the fat cant.

If SD are selling it then I highly doubt sales are limited to 10k tops as Castore would easily sell the whole lot through the club connected store. Only consideration is if the team will officially wear it in some games then Castore may be contractually obliged to offer some kit for sale through SD and other partners.

Just seen you can now order this off the fat man with 20% discount. Infuriating they can sell it for £55 and free personalisation when we have all paid £68.

They must be getting them at a knock down rate. No wonder people being tempted by the fat cant.
That’s just how business operates unfortunately.

Economies of scale it’s called.

It’s the same theory of buying cans of Coca Cola at the supermarket.

You buy a can of cola for 70p but you can buy a 20 pack for £10. Saving £4 because you’ve bought it in bulk.

That’s just how business operates unfortunately.

Economies of scale it’s called.

It’s the same theory of buying cans of Coca Cola at the supermarket.

You buy a can of cola for 70p but you can buy a 20 pack for £10. Saving £4 because you’ve bought it in bulk.
I wouldn't have thought they would be ordering too many given most rangers fans boycott. £13 savings on a top and still room for them to make a margin after personalisation etc too means they must be getting a very decent price.

My only thought was maybe it's being used as a bit of a loss leader to encourage/tempt rangers fans back.

I wouldn't have thought they would be ordering too many given most Rangers fans boycott. £13 savings on a top and still room for them to make a margin after personalisation etc too means they must be getting a very decent price.

My only thought was maybe it's being used as a bit of a loss leader to encourage/tempt Rangers fans back.
It’s the same with everything on offer in Sports Direct.

My dad used to buy the same old Adidas sambas that were £65 in every shop: JD, Footasylum, Schuh you name it.

Same shoes were £55 in Sports Direct.

Ashley buys everything by the thousand and then sells more of them cheaply. He must be doing something right.

I’m pretty sure that’s how Sports Direct make their money.

I just emailed them asking for an update and they were very quick to respond saying it's been processed but due to significant backlog it's not yet been sent out.

Ah good old Castore. Make a limited edition strip of 10,000 & don’t anticipate a significant back log. :rolleyes:

Is yours currently showing as paid but "unfulfilled"?

Saves me hitting them with an email too if I'm in the same boat as others.
Mine is showing paid but unfulfilled. Ordered at 1130 on Fri. I didn’t bother sending an email in the end. Hopefully we get our emails tonight.

I'm not too fussed. This is the second working day since i ordered it.

Unsure why it's a big issue for some people. Usual wankers on twitter pissing their pants about it for a bit of attention.
Indeed. Even Amazon would struggle to satisfy folk on here. As you say, two working days since ordering. Personally I’d say if folk have them by this by Friday it’s ‘reasonable’. Not great, but reasonable.

I’m a small, I’m wearing mine now and would say it fits the same as other football shirts I have including the regular home shirt.
Thanks mate. If any issues the large I ordered will be going back. If they had the medium in stock I would've went for that. I don't like it too neat but not too baggy either. Fingers crossed.

Thanks mate. If any issues the large I ordered will be going back. If they had the medium in stock I would've went for that. I don't like it too neat but not too baggy either. Fingers crossed.
I am a medium (Sometimes small) in most t shirts etc got a medium and it’s a good fit. Not too big, not too tight. I def feel it’s a little looser than my medium Hummels from last year. And that’s despite my lockdown timber!

I am a medium (Sometimes small) in most t shirts etc got a medium and it’s a good fit. Not too big, not too tight. I def feel it’s a little looser than my medium Hummels from last year. And that’s despite my lockdown timber!
Thanks for the input mate. I'd never be a small so hope there is a chance the large fits. Some of the sizes seem to be coming back into stock so fingers crossed the medium comes in if the large is too big. Rocking the lockdown timber myself also.

Thanks for the input mate. I'd never be a small so hope there is a chance the large fits. Some of the sizes seem to be coming back into stock so fingers crossed the medium comes in if the large is too big. Rocking the lockdown timber myself also.
Fingers crossed, good luck with it. If it’s too big you can always eat more! Every cloud hehe

in regards to emailing the company about your order, i wouldn't assume because someone else has their item that you need to email them. in normal circumstances if you ordered from a business you wouldn't know if other customers got theirs before you. i think that multiple emails asking if your order has been received clogs up their customer service team with unnecessary emails. pay with paypal and then wait the max time it says to arrive, if not then chase it.

Ah good old Castore. Make a limited edition strip of 10,000 & don’t anticipate a significant back log. :rolleyes:
this is only an issue because some people who were front of the queue got theirs rapidly. its been 2 working days since its been put out FFS! lets say they have 10k orders of this, are we going to give them a couple of days to get through 10k orders?

it's significant if your goal is to constantly pick out flaws with Castore. some people will never get over their initial teething problems. even if we got to year 5 of this contract you will still see commments like this.
I’m not sure it’s ‘significant’. Only came out on Friday mate.

Ordered 10:30 Friday, tracking number email received after 8pm tonight but parcel not received by Royal Mail yet.

Checked my email again and still waiting from ordering on Friday. Mad to think some have received theirs in other countries already haha.

Checked the website too. Didn't realise they have a standard "Please note during busier times our delivery period may be extended. please allow up to 10 days for delivery."

Anyone have a number for the shop?
I ordered the infant kits for my son and they took the payment but never gave it back when they said there was no stock.

Very nice and surely won’t cost anymore than the current home top.

Will be a massive seller with Christmas coming up.
Not a fan.
Was in town on Monday and went in for a look.
I bought the grey training top instead.
Looks more like an old Everton or Chelsea top than Rangers
Bit on the pricey side too at £68.

Mine arrived this morning, fits like a 'normal' kit than the recent Hummel and Castore kits so it's a little bit looser around the middle.

Fits and looks superb. Feels much nicer than it looks, too.

Back