Retro Kits Launching Today 10am

Gramps1

Official Ticketer
Not sure about the collar

But the best thing about it is the crest, the stars are unnecessary, clutters the image in my view, should’ve only been there a limited time after the 50 title, then stars on the neckline or sleeve (if really have to have them at all)
The collar is cracking
Plain v necks are minging.

These look amazing. Excellent bit of planning by the club too - new store opens tomorrow, just as these beauties are announced. I was going to have a look at the new shop anyway, but now I’ll likely be parting with some cash for one of these.

Fudgie1973

As another poster alluded to, I think this will be worn on the 2nd of January. A bit like when Man United wore retro strips a few years back to commemorate the Munich disaster.
Would be nice, but would the sponsors be happy about one of our most watched games of the year without their name on our shirt?

Very decent of the sponsors to co-operate with this. Chelsea did an FA Cup retro kit a few years ago which had the sponsor in the same colour as the jersey, so if we’ve managed to persuade our sponsors to stay off the jersey completely then that’s a big testament to how well-run we are these days.

erskine bear

Would be nice, but would the sponsors be happy about one of our most watched games of the year without their name on our shirt?
Possibly, I imagine we will have came to some form of financial agreement. I could be wrong but that’s just what came to mind.

Valley Bluenose

Can’t see any way the sponsors would agree to us wearing this in an OF game. I also think your kit for League games has to be registered at the start of the season, so don’t think we will see it in ANY League match.

Scottish Cup much more likely, since we’ve seen new strips introduced in Cup Finals in the past so no registration issues there. Maybe League Cup if the registration for that isn’t the same as the League.

Its alright, nothing special
The Umbro Tennents top was a true retro top even the material had an old school feel to it

What year is it based on? as looking on retro strip sites its only resemblance to an old strip is big badge and no sponsor
The necks not the same

Maybe I got out of bed the wrong side this morning lol

cornholio

Not sure if they couldn’t do this for legal reasons, but if this is meant to be retro, they should’ve got the RFC correct. It isn’t.
Retro isn't replica.

The OP mailed the script to say the kits are 'inspired' by some iconic kits of the past.

Nice top - I wonder if the collar can be tucked under to show a v-neck

Valley Bluenose

Its alright, nothing special
The Umbro Tennents top was a true retro top even the material had an old school feel to it

What year is it based on? as looking on retro strip sites its only resemblance to an old strip is big badge and no sponsor
The necks not the same

Maybe I got out of bed the wrong side this morning lol
Not only that, you didn’t take the time to read the OP for the explanation of which - various - strips provided the inspiration for this one.

Have a coffee and a re-read Mr Grumpy.;):)