Retro Kit

Looks decent, but I think in the current environment, this feels like an obvious and poorly timed cash grab. Lots of folk have been furloughed or made redundant, with more to come and we bring out a fourth strip?

Then those folk won't buy it and it'll be reflected in poor sales.

I don't think you're correct though - I reckon it'll sell out very quickly.

We've been screaming out for quality products, especially in an environment when revenues are down. Now that we have it...

Is it actually a "strip"? I thought it was just a retro shirt to be sold in the Castore/Rangers shop along with other merchandise people can buy if they so desire :confused:
The kits, which will be worn by the men’s first team for a select number of games in the 2020/2021 season

Very decent of the sponsors to co-operate with this. Chelsea did an FA Cup retro kit a few years ago which had the sponsor in the same colour as the jersey, so if we’ve managed to persuade our sponsors to stay off the jersey completely then that’s a big testament to how well-run we are these days.
Start of this year mate. I know lockdown has made time slow down somewhat :))

Is it actually a "strip"? I thought it was just a retro shirt to be sold in the Castore/Rangers shop along with other merchandise people can buy if they so desire :confused:
Read the OP :)
“The kits, which will be worn by the men’s first team for a select number of games in the 2020/2021 season, have been inspired by some of the most famous shirts and players from Rangers’ illustrious history.”

Really, really like that.

Embroidered badge is also a nice touch, shows that they are listening to feedback. I'll be getting this on Saturday.

D63F8FD9-212F-45B3-AF7E-031EB86BBDF1.jpeg
Not look so good on me with my gut.

Was just about to post this . I’d like to know what’s retro about it , I’ve looked back and cannot find a single kit we have ever had with that collar . We have had white v neck, white collar , but I cannot seem to find a white v neck and white collar combined .

Im all for the club making money but the amount of different kit/training gear launched this season has me really confused and is the antithesis of the “ quality not quantity “ image we heard from the brothers at the announcement of the deal .

Each to their own but this top definitley isn’t for me , I’d like to know if a more knowledgable bear than me can find exactly what top this” retro” kit is based on because I cannot find that collar anywhere. Also looks like they are still wearing the normal home shorts with it, you would think plain white shorts would be far superior as a small criticism .

One thing we can all agree on is the badge looks 100 times superior without the stars - hopefully this will become a permanent move .
It’s based upon a compilation of shirts not a single replica mate. White v-neck from early 60s and white collar from the 70s/80s.

Last edited:
Really like the retro strips.

The should have asked John Greig to be part of the pictures. Imagine seeing him all kitted up.

Can’t see any way the sponsors would agree to us wearing this in an OF game. I also think your kit for League games has to be registered at the start of the season, so don’t think we will see it in ANY League match.

Scottish Cup much more likely, since we’ve seen new strips introduced in Cup Finals in the past so no registration issues there. Maybe League Cup if the registration for that isn’t the same as the League.

It won't be an OF game, but the league rules are only for registering colours. This season would have just been blue shirt with white trim and a sample of the colours given. That would fit with the home top, but I suppose the purple keeper top wouldn't be allowed.

Some nice tops there

As for what games the game at New Year may be one of of them given it is 50th anniversary

If the kit sponsors are ok with it then all we need is permission from the SPFL to do it

The Manchester Derby in 2008 was the same for Manchester United kit of the time - City still small badge on the top and squad number/name but nothing else

Not going to get this because of the stars on the back not being embroidered.
Not taking the risk that they'll peel off.

It's otherwise a stunning shirt, though.

Actually quite like that goalie shirt. That and the orange one Shagger had on last night.

Does anyone apart from kids by goalie shirts though?

Brilliant timing when the new store opening.

It will be full of top quality clothing instead of the tat that used to fill Rangers store.

I think the Castore badge should stay like that, same colour as the shirt. If they don’t fancy that stick the white version on the sleeve. Make it happen Rangers.

Not going to get this because of the stars on the back not being embroidered.
Not taking the risk that they'll peel off.

It's otherwise a stunning shirt, though.

With the badge and Castore logo being embroidered, the stars being anything else is a strange decision.

Back