Retro Kit

jafro1988

Just got this email...

Rangers and Castore are today delighted to give MyGers Members an exclusive first look at two very special retro kits that are launching today at 10am.

The kits, which will be worn by the men’s first team for a select number of games in the 2020/2021 season, have been inspired by some of the most famous shirts and players from Rangers’ illustrious history.

The shirts carry a large, woven scroll crest as a tribute to the classic kits that were worn in the 60s and 70s – in particular, the famous plain blue kit with a large scroll crest that was worn on that legendary night in Barcelona in 1972. As a nod to our more recent success, the five stars which represent the club’s “First to Fifty” league titles achievement have been subtly placed on the back of the shirt and shorts.

The outfield shirt features a traditional collar which is reminiscent of the styles worn by some of the club’s earliest heroes such as David Meiklejohn and Alan Morton plus more recent Rangers Hall of Fame inductees such as Davie Cooper and Derek Parlane.

The goalkeeper kit is a vivid purple hue which has been inspired by some of the club’s memorable purple kits from the 90s.

In celebration of the new kit launch, captain James Tavernier commented:

“I love it. It’s bringing old school back! Walking into Jimmy’s kit room every morning, you see John Greig and Sandy Jardine on the wall wearing these kind of kits. It’s bringing some really good heritage back and I’m looking forward to putting it on”.

To maximise the retro theme of the kits, they have been created without sponsor branding which has been made possible thanks to the support from our kit partners 32Red, The Energy Check, SEKO, Tomket Tyres and Utilita.

Commercial and Marketing Director James Bisgrove added:

“We entered into the new Castore partnership with a great deal of excitement around their commitment to develop bespoke designed and innovative products for Rangers players and our global fan base.

This retro edition kit is an exciting demonstration of this commitment and its classy retro approach combines both high performance with a design that celebrates the generations of success that Rangers Football Club has always been famous for.

‘We’re grateful that our committed club partners 32Red, The Energy Check, SEKO, Tomket Tyres and Utilita have been supportive in enabling this strip to come to life in a true retro fashion’’

The kits, which will be available in toddler, junior and adult sizes, will be available to purchase online and from The Rangers Store at Ibrox Stadium from 10am today. In addition, the retro kits will be available to buy from The Rangers Store: Buchanan Galleries which opens this Saturday at 9am!

Smart move by the club to not release details of these earlier. If I had known I wouldn’t have purchased this seasons one.

Good bit if extra income given the ‘no fans’ situation at present.
That's a good point actually I hope they sell enough that it keeps the club in a strong position

Staunch as %^*&!!!!

What someone said before too, I’d have held off with the other tops had I known about these.

5 tops I’ll probably buy this season, can’t remember the last time I bought more than 2 in one season!

These are going to fly out the door! Look awesome. Will definitely pick up the blue one.

Well done Rangers. Looking forward to seeing them in matches too.

D63F8FD9-212F-45B3-AF7E-031EB86BBDF1.jpeg

10am for the online sale or tomorrow at buchanen gallaries. Not sure whether to wait till tomorrow and check the sizing - but I'll bet the queue will be huge.

Is this a limited edition in that once they are gone, they are gone?

Very nice and surely won’t cost anymore than the current home top.

Will be a massive seller with Christmas coming up.

Look good. Interested to see what games we’ll wear the kits in. I wonder if this is the start of us doing what Dortmund do and having two kits a season?

Latest posts

Back