Retro Kit

Beautiful. I’d love to see us wearing it against the bheasts at new year but maybe the sponsors will have something to say about that.

My credit card has only just got its breath back after being overworked in the summer....ahhh well here we go again. :oops:

They are fantastic. I look forward to one of the matches that kit being worn the day we lift 55.

Fantastic tops and you have to hand it to the club for a great bit of marketing - keep it really quiet (not one whisper about this anywhere) and then release it just when you are opening a new city centre store - queue the length of Buchanan Street tomorrow!

They've made some massive mistakes but you can't deny they've got some very good ideas. Execution until recently has been poor but they seem like they want to deliver unique products for us. Bit of a taster on what's to come for the big celebrations on the horizon for the club.

I am rather erect. I am also super duper raging I didn’t get any email, I’m going to PM Greg Marshall on twitter.

Not sure if they couldn’t do this for legal reasons, but if this is meant to be retro, they should’ve got the RFC correct. It isn’t.

As another poster alluded to, I think this will be worn on the 2nd of January. A bit like when Man United wore retro strips a few years back to commemorate the Munich disaster.

Not sure about the collar

But the best thing about it is the crest, the stars are unnecessary, clutters the image in my view, should’ve only been there a limited time after the 50 title, then stars on the neckline or sleeve (if really have to have them at all)
The collar is cracking
Plain v necks are minging.

These look amazing. Excellent bit of planning by the club too - new store opens tomorrow, just as these beauties are announced. I was going to have a look at the new shop anyway, but now I’ll likely be parting with some cash for one of these.

As another poster alluded to, I think this will be worn on the 2nd of January. A bit like when Man United wore retro strips a few years back to commemorate the Munich disaster.
Would be nice, but would the sponsors be happy about one of our most watched games of the year without their name on our shirt?

Very decent of the sponsors to co-operate with this. Chelsea did an FA Cup retro kit a few years ago which had the sponsor in the same colour as the jersey, so if we’ve managed to persuade our sponsors to stay off the jersey completely then that’s a big testament to how well-run we are these days.

Back