Retro Kit

Anyone thinking about buying wait till the post arrives. I just received £25 discount code an hour after buying one o_O

Anyone bought one in store who can advise on the fit/sizing?
I am a medium in the Hummel shirts but not sure of the castore sizing. Ordered a medium on line for this retro top and now having second thoughts!
Same as you I was medium for the Hummel shirts and I’m the same with the Castore shirts so you’ll be fine.

For me they should be concentrating on less items done better , a principle which they themselves said was core to their ethos as a company . Instead it just seems a plethora of items rushed out , is there a need for four kits , three different walk out zippers , jumpers , half a dozen different training items ?

All I’m saying is less is more , stop and take a deep breath and give us three excellent, top quality kits for next season . Forget all the tat and how many items can we release , we are only what four months into the Castore deal ?

A fundamental point you mention here is that this kit hasn’t been released to make money - what then is the actual point of it ? Regardless of what you think of the kit, what is the reason for it if not to make money for the club ?
Maybe you should phone up James Bisgrove and give him some of your marketing and sales advice. The club is clearly missing your expertise...

I see the Fat C*nt's online store are selling this as 'Rangers Cup Shirt'. Setting aside the fact that its sickening he's selling it, that ties in with my earlier musings that it could be for the Scottish and/or League Cups.
Castore are being linked with making Newcastles gear for next season. Something dodgy going on there, if its true.

Theres a thread about it on here.

Castore are being linked with making Newcastles gear for next season. Something dodgy going on there, if its true.

Theres a thread about it on here.
I know mate, saw the thread. Not going to get sucked into the rampant conspiracy theories (even if the story about NUFC has any substance).

Just ordered one, before reading the post no discount letter yet.
Placed an order last Sunday for the training top arrived Wednesday, Royal Mail Tracked.
Castore seemed to have sorted out the problems :)):))

I've ordered it as part of the wee man's Christmas. It's cracking however think it would have been better without the collar, like the 60's kit.
Yeah I agree, to me, a retro Rangers shirt has either a white v neck collar or a plain blue round neck. I know we had the white collar before that but just how I envisage retro Rangers shirts

Just went and got one at the Ibrox store! It’s a fücking cracker (and I say that as someone who hasn’t been overly impressed by Castore)
Hows it fit mate? had to get a size up from my usual for the home kit wondering if this is the same

Are these only Adult sizes?

Edit - ignore me found the juniors sizes - ordered one for the wee man

Last edited:
Hadn't bought a shirt this season yet was going to get the black one but just went for this looks a cracker.

Hows it fit mate? had to get a size up from my usual for the home kit wondering if this is the same

I’ve not bought any of Castore’s kit normal match kit for myself this season (only got my kids) so I can compare to that.

However, the medium retro top I got today was on a par with my large Hummel top from last season.

Anyone bought one in store who can advise on the fit/sizing?
I am a medium in the Hummel shirts but not sure of the castore sizing. Ordered a medium on line for this retro top and now having second thoughts!
It cant be that hard for them to issue a size guide like every other clothing company eg
s = 36-38 or 37-39
m = 38-40 or 39-41
l= 40-42 or 41-43

it would take guesswork out of the equation.

Yeah I agree, to me, a retro Rangers shirt has either a white v neck collar or a plain blue round neck. I know we had the white collar before that but just how I envisage retro Rangers shirts

I'm the wrong side of 60 now and those strips were iconic. I'd love them to do the plain blue one. Wee grandson would love it, although he loves them all.

It cant be that hard for them to issue a size guide like every other clothing company eg
s = 36-38 or 37-39
m = 38-40 or 39-41
l= 40-42 or 41-43

It's on the shop website, click on size guide.

s = 36-38 or 37-39
m = 38-40 or 39-41
l= 40-42 or 41-43

Mate if your using a mobile select desktop site to see full details such as size guide

On sizing, a 44" chest is just above their chest size for a Men's Adult Large (109cms/43") but miles below their chest size for a Men's Adults Extra Large (117cms/46").

Anyone know if their Large size is generous enough to fit a 44" chest or are their shirts generally on the tight side?

I’ve not bought any of Castore’s kit normal match kit for myself this season (only got my kids) so I can compare to that.

However, the medium retro top I got today was on a par with my large Hummel top from last season.

Quick question, is the Castore logo embroidered or is an iron-on?

Looks to me like it's embroidered but can't tell from the site.

Back