Retro Kit

Finally got a reply from the “concierge” regarding my order still being unfulfilled over 2 weeks later...

Hi Captain_Buns,

We sincerely apologise for the delay on this order and we are working hard to rectify this issue.

Unfortunately, we have been experiencing some slight delays within our warehouse as we have had high demand the past couple of weeks.

We can assure you this issue is being worked on and you should receive your tracking information within the next 24 hours.

Please contact us once you have received this information and we can then update you with the status of your delivery.

Kind Regards,

The Customer Service Team

High demand didn’t stop them launching sales & additional new products onto a supply chain already struggling to cope.

this is the kind of thing I received when waiting for my pre ordered home top.

It never came.

The new blackout range is pretty nice.
JCRFCMP_black_1_57edd199-b444-4425-8006-a6f684be8e1a_2048x.jpg
Ordered on Sunday morning and arrived in Dubai this morning. Top quality service, well done Rangers/Çastore. Love it, looks really good.. :))

I ordered mine on the day they were released and arrived the following Thursday

I thought that was really good timing in fairness

this is the kind of thing I received when waiting for my pre ordered home top.

It never came.

Yep, safe to say 24 hours has came & went without hearing anything from them.

An absolute shambolic service, they’ve obviously ran out of stock on one or both of the items in my order & don’t want to admit it.

A lot of gear being flung out rapid from them. From the retro stuff to the training ranges and the like. It’s a lot of official mercin a short window.

Wonder if the Chinese whispers about them being a one and done could have something in it?

Price to pay in short term after getting the main objective of ridding is of Ashley last summer I guess

Yep, safe to say 24 hours has came & went without hearing anything from them.

An absolute shambolic service, they’ve obviously ran out of stock on one or both of the items in my order & don’t want to admit it.
I ended up just getting a refund after being strung along for weeks

Just replied to another poster. I live in Montrose, mines has been delivered by Rutherglen Post office today.

Seems like there's been a massive %^*& up. Can't say I'm surprised.
Massive feck up in what sense? The fact it was delivered by the post office you weren’t expecting?

A lot of gear being flung out rapid from them. From the retro stuff to the training ranges and the like. It’s a lot of official mercin a short window.

Wonder if the Chinese whispers about them being a one and done could have something in it?

Price to pay in short term after getting the main objective of ridding is of Ashley last summer I guess
I think it's a certainty.

Order status on site says fulfilled, but not had any tracking number yet. This normal?

Are these the Chinese whispers that only you have heard?

Again, I cant help but think you always try sound ITK mate.

If the club was cutting ties with Castore this year and this was a mad sell out by them then why would the club continue to endorse? Why would there be a press release with Bisgrove if this was a last minute thing to milk the last bit out of us?

Elite produced just as many items. Even black limited kits. The difference is we can now promote it and tel the world without being sued.

Castore are currently working on our 150th anniversary kit for next year, they ain't going anywhere. The only chinese whispers of what you talk about is people out loud saying "I think we will end this deal this year". Why would we?

Yeah, they've spent all that money on shops and kits after announcing a multi year deal, but it'll be easy enough to just go our separate ways a year into the deal.

I'm also sure another manufacturer will be happy to pick us up at short notice during a pandemic, design and manufacture a kit, and buy over the shops. Easy.
We'll see.

They’ve supposedly got Wolves lined up and a few egg chasing sides.

A month or so ago I’d have said they’d have no chance of staying with us longer term after the summer all the order issues and quality issues.

Things on the retail side seem to be easing up.
I definitely think this deal was bigger than they thought. They didn't have the infrastructure in place, and fell short of expectations. However, there were few companies who would take us on at such short notice, and the items I have are of a good quality.

They will have to learn from this year, and I'm sure they will. They are in the midst of a rapid expansion, which is largely driven by big investment and our deal. Hopefully they have put the planning in behind the scenes to meet expectations for all of their clubs by next summer.

So after being told my order would be dispatched within 24 hours, 48 hours later I’ve just got this update after chasing them up yet again...

Hi ,

I am very sorry about the delay in information.

I am able to see your order is in a queue to be dispatched and will be on its way to you very soon.

Please keep an eye out for updates.

Thank you for your patience and co-operation.

Kind Regards,

:rolleyes:

Well, finally got mine through the post 20 days after ordering. I had to email concierge, who gave me a similar reply to others in this thread. Basically that my order was being finalised the next day - in other words it had gone missing or something had gone wrong and they'll send it now.

Not great service - delighted with the top though. Looks class. Albeit the material isn't, shall we say, complimentary to the moobs!

I ordered the large as no mediums in stock at the time (and didn't know if they'd get anymore) and then a medium when stock did actually come in. Sticking with the large (1st ever large item of clothing) as the medium just felt a bit too neat. Compared to the other kits and training tops/casual tops how does the sizing of the retro kits compare as may buy some other items? This is the first kit I've bought in a few years.

I ordered the large as no mediums in stock at the time (and didn't know if they'd get anymore) and then a medium when stock did actually come in. Sticking with the large (1st ever large item of clothing) as the medium just felt a bit too neat. Compared to the other kits and training tops/casual tops how does the sizing of the retro kits compare as may buy some other items? This is the first kit I've bought in a few years.
I found the sizing to be the same between the other kits and retro kit.

Ordered on Saturday, arrived on Thursday.
Along with the other items I had bought previously, I have been impressed with the castore range, the cup shirt as it is described on the packet ,is fantastic.
Just need a retro style number to put on the back.
I noticed the courier on the delivery was our new logistics partner and not Hermes or such.
I don't know if that will be the courier the club are using for all orders now.

4 weeks after ordering & I still haven’t received mine. I’m now faced with the issue of having to cancel the order, as from Sunday onwards I’ll be outside of the country until the beginning of January.

Hi Captain_Buns,

Many thanks for your email.

We are so sorry and can not apologise enough that you have not yet received your order.

As you are relocating as of 26th and we are aware we would be unable to have your parcel reach you for that deadline, I have cancelled your order and issued you a full refund.

We can not apologise enough for this.

Please accept this £25 gift card off your next online purchase, for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Your unique £25 voucher code is:
XXXXXXX

This code has no expiry date and is a one time use voucher.

When you do place your next order please contact us with your order number and we will be more that happy to look after your order to ensure you face no further problems.

Again we can not apologise enough for the experience you have received.

Kind Regards,

For exclusive content, product drops and restocks please visit @TheRangersStore on Instagram

I genuinely don’t think they ever had any intention of sending my order out despite saying otherwise.

A £25 voucher is useless when the stuff I ordered is out of stock.

I genuinely don’t think they ever had any intention of sending my order out despite saying otherwise.

A £25 voucher is useless when the stuff I ordered is out of stock.
You've not had a great experience but that's as 'grovelling' an apologetic email as I think I have ever seen.

Surely you can use the £25 voucher at some point in the future? There were even rumours of more of the Retro kit being released, though they may well be unfounded. If not, sell it to a mate who will put it to good use. Free money (though I appreciate you'd rather have had the Retro top).

Back