Retro shirt (Castore)

IslayGer

Does anyone know if the retro shirt will be available in other sizes anytime soon on the rangers store online. Its only had the 4xl available for a time now. Looking for an xl.

i think i might remember something about only so many being made but i could be talking shite. someone will definitely be able to confirm goodluck.

Sure they were limited, regret not buying one when I had the chance now

Does anyone know if the retro shirt will be available in other sizes anytime soon on the Rangers store online. Its only had the 4xl available for a time now. Looking for an xl.
Was supposedly a limited edition of 10,000 - though there were rumours of an additional release just before Christmas.

I missed out but managed to pick one up, still in the wrapping with tags, from a very kindly poster on here in exchange for a donation to RSEA. I've seen others report they ordered the wrong size and can't be arsed returning so you never know, someone might offer one up.

Other alternative might be to wait until we get to the Scottish Cup, when the team will be wearing the shirt again. If there IS to be an additional production then logic would dictate a launch to coincide with that.

Got mine a day or so after the St Mirren defeat and have worn it to every game since. Yet some say its 'jinxed' and won't wear it ha ha. My arse!

I spilt turkey gravy down mine at christmas dinner.St.mirren beat us with it on.
Im feart to wear it again.
I took mine out the wardrobe to take the tags off of it last week, then remembered St Mirren had beaten us in the game we wore it and just hung it right back up. I’m having nothing to do with it until this season is done and dusted!
I’ve worn it for Hibs, C*ltic, Aberdeen since Christmas and (thankfully) not been a curse.

Good luck to OP getting the size you want. I, too, remember it being mentioned a limited production run.

I took mine out the wardrobe to take the tags off of it last week, then remembered St Mirren had beaten us in the game we wore it and just hung it right back up. I’m having nothing to do with it until this season is done and dusted!

I will sell you mine, 1st time on was the St Mirren cup game , not worn it since

I'm 6 wins out of 6 wearing mine mate. Have you ditched the pants, socks, trousers etc you were wearing that night as well?:rolleyes:;)

I'm a bit the same, I bought it when it first came out, hung it up in wardrobe with tags still on it. After St Mirren beat us I've decided I'm not taking tags off & wearing it until the league is done!

I'm 6 wins out of 6 wearing mine mate. Have you ditched the pants, socks, trousers etc you were wearing that night as well?:rolleyes:;)

I have worn mine for every game since I received it the only exception being the St Mirren game that we lost when the players were wearing it.

Those that that believe in a jinx should perhaps consider that!

After the St Mirren game I’m glad I never bought it. Never superstitious about this stuff but it was too big a change and result for time to ever be able to unlink them.

I got it for Christmas and wore it for Hibs and Thramps and we won. Wore a different top for Aberdeen and we won.
What do I wear next time? B-)B-D

Last edited:
On a related know how are the sizing of the Castore tops. I haven't actually bought any yet, was waiting for the initial nonsense to die down a bit.

Would rather go into the store and have a look but that's obviously out the window at the moment. Can't really be dealing with ordering it online, relying on getting it delivered and sending it back if its too small/big.

On a related know how are the sizing of the Castore tops. I haven't actually bought any yet, was waiting for the initial nonsense to die down a bit.

Would rather go into the store and have a look but that's obviously out the window at the moment. Can't really be dealing with ordering it online, relying on getting it delivered and sending it back if its too small/big.
I’ve found the sizing to be normal, I’ve got the same size Castore top as I’ve had for the likes of the Hummel and Puma kits.

I’ve found the sizing to be normal, I’ve got the same size Castore top as I’ve had for the likes of the Hummel and Puma kits.

That's good, i'll give it a few weeks and hopefully the shops open again. Not like we can play 7s at the moment anyway.

Gives me a few more weeks to shed a couple of pounds :D

Check their size guide for each product. The guide is ‘true’ in my experience. Check the chest and shoulder size (and length) and you will know of it’s going to fit you. The training gear is slightly larger than the replica kit, for example, but that is evident from the respective size guides.

You know what? Me too. I got bit for Christmas and then we lost to St Mirren wearing it and basically I’m scared to wear it!:(

Same. Mines not seeing the light of day while we’re playing. Not sure when or how I can introduce it into live game situations. Shame cos it’s smart AF.

Cheers for that. Just got the top and the 1/4 zip too.

Thought I had missed out on the Retro top.

Price has bumped back up to £68+del, All sizes still available.

Back