Returning to Scotland. Where should I live.

I think a shitehole is a tad harsh. Lived there all my life has some really nice areas, 20 mins from Glasgow by car. Doesn't have a lot of amenities though, go to Strathaven if you want a bit more and Larkhall if you want even more. The countryside around Stonehouse is lovely. Has an RSC again now too. To me the area around Stonehouse and Strathaven is perfect if you want the country life and still be really handy for Glasgow.

I've known plenty of folk that have lived in the town,a few still do.Most moved away though for the reasons mentioned I'm afraid,the top end of Larky's no better either these days tbh.
The bottom of Larky has low crime,fantastic transport links,and is next to Merryton farm and 2 miles from Chatelherault Park.More amenities by way of shops,pubs,bowling clubs,junior footy but a 2 min walk and 35 min train to Glasgow central as well without the hefty price tag Ferniegair has just along the road.

Ye he said summer especially at times it felt like being on holiday.

Out of interest checked today's weather in Portsmouth compared to Glasgow. Portsmouth expected to be sunny spells and reach highs of 19 degrees compared to Glasgows 14 degrees and rain.

I can concur with the climate,got family near Okehampton and there always baltic when they come up to see us.Sun's usually shining mostly when I go down to Devon,I had a serious conversation with the Mrs(nae pics)about moving down there had the wee poisonous krankie got her inpendence wish.

Chryston or Muirhaead North east of Glasgow on A80 . 9 miles from City Centre but great access routes via M880 M8. Also easy travel to Stirling Falkirk etc. Was a wee village but has grown a bit in recent years. Nice area and some lovely houses in your price range.

Another shout for the staunch village of Bishopton and only a handful of rattlers who know their place. 2 golf courses within 5 mins, 3 decent boozers, river and motorway (M8) 5 mins away, great supporters bus/club but wouldn't choose the new Dargavel village as you will get flooded someday and possibly grow extra limbs/eyes/growths.

Aye, I’d second this, if Bishopton was a consideration then stay clear of Dargavel. Lovely houses, but it’s been so badly planned and the small village roads simply can’t cope with the increased number of people.

Back