Review of the Hamilton Match: End of the Murty Honeymoon

Foreign Rangers Fan

My latest article in the Observer is now up. I hope you'll agree that I always try and remain as positive as possible - but this time there was very little good to take away from it. Tactical naivety - and it's not only Murty's fault, he should have a smarter support staff. Players off form, no leadership. This Dundee game is important. Any feedback is, as always, appreciated!

https://www.rangersobserver.com/vie...-over-for-graeme-murty-after-hamilton-shocker

Very nice article, clearly highlights some of the shortcomings in the performance vs Hamilton and how they potentially could've been resolved. It's amazing to see how far out of position Hodson was at times. Really hope DJ is back for tomorrows match.

That was a good read. Indeed, probably the best matter to be found on RO atm.

I still find the nature of the subs incredible -- although tbh the starting eleven didn't fill too many of us with confidence.

Strange comments regarding crosses. It's the quality of the crosses and the timing of the runs of the players attacking the ball (if any) that are vital.
Defenders don't like balls delivered with pace and delivered early. If the strikers are deep they aint going to be in a position to attack the ball.
Defenders hate balls across the 6 yard box or cut backs - again we don't attack the right areas enough. The instance highlighted showed we were too slow crossing as Morelos got marked and Miller was behind 2 players. What wasn't highlighted was Morelos's miss which if he had got a good connection would have missed because he had gone beyond the front post and therefore was relying on a flick which he missed.
It really shows up Murty's inadequacies or ability to change things - pressed high? Miss them out.

Some great work and analysis - keep them coming.

A lot of very good and interesting points in that article,look forward to reading more of your stuff OP.
After an excellent start to his Rangers career Jack is causing concern for me,if he's getting caught out of position against Hamilton wtf is he going to be like at the end of December?
The captain quandry has a very easy answer - Bruno Alves.Not Wallace,Tav and definitely not Miller.
We badly miss a natural LB when both John and Wallace are out as well,hopefully the former is back tomorrow.

Lastly and most importantly,Miller needs dropped.Last 20 mins. up front only or nothing.

Back