Revised Odds for the Title

Kenny1b

Official Ticketer
As per Betfair this morning:

Celtic 4/6 - 60% implied chance of winning the title
Rangers 5/4 - 44% implied chance of winning the title
Aberdeen 100/1 - bet a tenner on them, and you'll lose a tenner. :))

That's the closest the markets have been in a long time.

stuart01x

MightyGersLand!

I respect your right to bet as you wish but including Dundee Hibs to win the Championship just feels wrong
Hate them as much as the next man but if someone showed me 100% proof that Chris Sutton was going to be next prime minister and the bookies offered me 50-1 I'd put as much on it as I could.

I don't get the connection or fascination with comparing personal opinion and probability on here.

TibbsyBear

£20 Acc, £5,799.30

Rangers 9/4 To Win League
Liverpool 9/4 To Win League
Leeds for Promotion 7/4
Sunderland for Promotion 6/4
Salford for Promotion 3/1

Or

£20 Acc, £2,877.50

Rangers 9/4 To Win League
Man City 8/13 To Win League
Leeds for Promotion 7/4
Sunderland for Promotion 6/4
Salford for Promotion 3/1

Unless Salford get their act together or buy big in the January transfer window these bets don't stand a chance :confused:
If it’s an online bet can you not just edit the bet and remove Salford for reduced odds?

Blue Steel

I think the odds are based on the bookies thinking Morelos might leave in January,
I don’t agree the odds are based on him being 4 behind and having to share game time with leagues top scorer , Eduoard on other hand will get most game time of the 3 probably only reason he is second favourite .

Wazza

I don’t agree the odds are based on him being 4 behind and having to share game time with leagues top scorer , Eduoard on other hand will get most game time of the 3 probably only reason he is second favourite .
No chance Eduoard could leave himself?

Shengus Malengus

As per Betfair this morning:

Celtic 4/6 - 60% implied chance of winning the title
Rangers 5/4 - 44% implied chance of winning the title
Aberdeen 100/1 - bet a tenner on them, and you'll lose a tenner.

That's the closest the markets have been in a long time.
Gers are evens on Skybet.

Chris the Bandito

No chance Eduoard could leave himself?
If both Eduoard and Morelos left I think it would hurt them more. Whilst I think Alfie is a better player I think
We’d hold out for more for Alfie than they would for the huffy french prick
We’d spend it better
A reasonably fresh Defoe would outscore the rest of the league never mind their back up strikers or January replacements

Wazza

I put £1333 on rangers for the title at 9/4, earlier in the season.

Then yesterday when the odds got shorter I accepted a £1333 bet on Betfair (I layed rangers).

If we win the title I get £1000 profit, if we don't win the title I break even.

Gonna level it up if the chance arises at 1.10?!

TheBearNecessities

Means so whatever the outcome is you win the same amount. If you can lay Gers at 1.10 for £1000 quid then you get £900 profit irrelevant of who wins it.
I'm interested but can't follow your maths. Had to sit down for near ten minutes to figure out the maths and double checking for my own bets that I posted.

Surely if I lay rangers for £1000 I just lose an extra £1000 if we win (and am therefore breaking even), but if they don't win the league then I keep the layed bet stake (of £900?) So I'd be £900 up.

Wazza

I'm interested but can't follow your maths. Had to sit down for near ten minutes to figure out the maths and double checking for my own bets that I posted.

Surely if I lay rangers for £1000 I just lose an extra £1000 if we win (and am therefore breaking even), but if they don't win the league then I keep the layed bet stake (of £900?) So I'd be £900 up.
My cock up, figures wrong - I am talking about the future like and not now, meaning if it gets to the point where there is a 10 point gap say would you lay off more.

Basically you lay a £1000 bet on Rangers at 1.10
- if it wins it costs you £100 so you are £900 ahead overall
- if it loses you get the £1000 so you are £1000 ahead overall

I ain't used betfair in ages to tell truth, used to find it easy using the WHAT IF option. Think you must have put the first bet on at a bookies though and not on betfair so it makes it a bit harder to equate all in all.

You were meant to say "March when we are 10 clear mate" to my original comment!

Last edited:

The Predator

I find it amusing the Bookies have Edouard as 2nd fav ahead of Alfredo :D. Sam Cosgrove will end up scoring more than the French cabbage

TheRational1

Newcastle 9/4 Relegated
QPR 3/1 Relegated
Rangers 2/1 Title win
Juventus 4/9 Title win
Bolton 4/6 Relegated
Falkirk 4/7 Title win
Cove Rangers 7/4 Title win
Athletico Madrid 4/6 Win the league if you exclude Barca & Madrid

My bet before the leagues started with bet 365. £10 on for £6700 or thereabouts back. Show me the money!

Last edited:

pelem

If we do win this title the Blackpool EoS party weekend will be gi-normous and I'll fuukin definitely be signing up for it.