RFC Press Conference Thu 7th September

DerekTheElephant

Official Ticketer
From RFC twitter. Declan John & Pedro.

PC: I think our two midfielders, Jack & Dorrans at least have the capability to be in the Scotland squad.

PC: Maybe he doesn't have the right tools to do it but he approach he has towards the game is positive. I like to play positive teams.

PC: I think Neil McCann is a positive coach. You have to look at the way a manager is to see how his team play.

PC: I was only going to be disappointed with the transfer window if I didn't have cover in every position and I do.

PC: Those who arrived recently need to get into the rhythm. I want two players to fight for every position.

PC: Declan John will add competitiveness. We didn't have cover at left-back before him.

PC: I know I have cover, options and solutions in all the positions.

PC: We need to give a happiness to our fans on Armed Forces Day.

PC: It's important to win all the time, not just at home. We have reorganised our direction and now it's important to come to Ibrox & win

PC: We have been working on being aggressive and attacking spaces.

PC: after the last game we didn't like not having control of the ball when we were winning 2-0

PC: It was important for the players to have four days off after the early start this summer & have some time away from football.

DJ: If you're good player it doesn't matter what age you are and he's proving that.

DJ: Ben Woodburn is such a young boy & has done so well for Wales. I made my debut when I was 18 so it's similar.

DJ: Up here the Old Firm is a massive game so hopefully I can feature in that. I have played in the Cardiff v Swansea derby before.

DJ: I do want to play. Whether that is left-back or left wing I really don't mind. Lee Wallace has been here years and is a great player.

DJ: if I am up here playing well and getting games it is only going to stand me in good stead for the national team.

DJ: It has been tough. The change of manager caused me to slip out of the team. Being 22 you want to be out playing games.

DJ: I am good at getting forward and getting balls into the box.

DJ: Hopefully I can get some minutes in starting with the weekend. Neil Warnock told me to just come here and enjoy it.

DJ: I found out two or three days before the window closed. I was really happy when I found out. It is a massive club.

Declan John up first. "My first few days have been good. The training has been tough."

The fact he is hoping to see some minutes on Saturday kind of sounds like that if all is going well Pedro has said he will give him a little game time possibly..

I look forward to seeing what kind of player the boy is.

Think John will be in for a big surprise seen as he thinks Cardiff vs Swansea is the same kind of derby as us and the scum.

Sounds like Pedro is close to breaking point with the press, one of these days he's gonna go right through them and it's gonna be brilliant to watch. I'm not convinced by him as a coach but he definitely knows how to deal with the Scottish media

I was already buzzing for the Dundee game because of the international break (another one in 4 weeks :( ) but now i'm even more excited. Big DJ speaks well

Im watching Pedro's press conference now and the reporters don't listen to him. I don't believe it's some journalistic ploy to get the type of quote they want (he's too smart to fall for that) it's more that their simply incompetent.

Nice of him to remind O'Halloran that "he's our player" and essentially he needs to deal with us in terms of his future prospects of a move.

He wants "young players who if you cut blue is coming out" - love it !

Twice Pedro mentioned Armed Forces day to bring it into the conversation and twice The mentally challenged press dingied him.

As a Vet. I look forward to AFD just to show our thank's to those that serve our great country, I and my grandson will be in our seat's as normal on SAT.

That quote was brilliant, I think he is losing patience with the press and will enjoy it when he tells them a few home truths.

Think John will be in for a big surprise seen as he thinks Cardiff vs Swansea is the same kind of derby as us and the scum.

To be fair too him he is only answering a daft question put to him by whoever the journo was as how would he know what a Rangers-celtc match is like to play in.

you should watch his pressers in
Sounds like Pedro is close to breaking point with the press, one of these days he's gonna go right through them and it's gonna be brilliant to watch. I'm not convinced by him as a coach but he definitely knows how to deal with the Scottish media

you should watch his pressers in mexico, he destroys them

did anyone else notice when he said this weekend will be our first win at Ibrox and our first back to back, love the bullishness

Back