• Issue 9: Priority Ticket Sales only viewable by eligible people

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Issue 10: Seatsub

Votes: 38 7.5%
  • Issue 11: Buying Matchday programmes should not be under Tickets

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every item @Boab has listed is valid - and there will be many more as well. Have to start somewhere though, and sending them a list a mile long will likely see it consigned straight to the bin.

I've no idea what @Boab's strategy will be but I think a top 5 from the poll list with some supporting justification along the lines of x% of FollowFollow's daily visitors who voted said these were their top priorities. Something along those lines anyway. I think this is his line of work so he knows what he's doing without me sticking my oar in ha ha.

At its most basic I think we can all see the Tickets section of the website is from a different era and that the systems supporting that in the Ticket Centre - their databases, the need to do stuff manually etc - is from the 80s/90s. The Club know this and it would be good to see them address it.
I'll present the full list if items in the priority order based on the poll results.

I'll also highlight the following response stats (at time of writing so will be updated once the poll closes):
2.35% of the total registered 17922 users on FF voted.
6.49% of active users voted based on an average of 6.5K (stat provided by Doc) users logging in per day.

That's a phenomenal response considering the timeframe we're running the poll over and the limited audience targeted. Would be interesting to see how this compares to actual RFC website traffic.

Just noticed you can order replacement smartcards online now.
Indeed. A welcome update that leaves me wondering, if they can incorporate that then why not - not yet at least - the ability to upgrade a child/concession to adult (Issue 1 in the poll here)? Seems such an easy thing to implement.

Nevertheless, the SmartCard change is to be welcomed. Well done on that at least.

Evening Bump to help us get to 500 voters before tomorrow morning's deadline B-)

Poll closes Tuesday morning at 0922hrs. Can we make it to 500 posters voting by then? If you’ve not voted yet please do so to help strengthen the case when this gets put to the Club.

Last edited:
A link direct to the match on RTV without having to trawl through pages where you might see the score would be good for the occasion I miss it live.

And not making everything so big

Simplification.
It's too busy trying to be a fancy website that it's become a bit of a jumbled old mess.

Are we not looking at the ‘revamped’ site now?

Great thread, great points.

We are miles off it in this space, miles.

We're at 490 voter's, so close to the 500 target. Can we get one last push before the 09:22 deadline?

500 target achieved with minutes to spare B-)

Thanks everyone, I'll sort out the results later and work out the response stats for my visit tomorrow.

Appreciate everyone taking the time to vote :)

So a quick update on the results, here are the following voting stats which I think are a phenomenal response in only 4 days:

505 Unique Voters
Average of 126.25 Voters per day
2.82% of 17922 registered Users voted
7.7% out of an average 6500 daily logged in Users voted
949 out of 1010 available votes cast

Below is all Items reordered into your priority order based on the Voting results:

Votes: 204 40.4% - Issue 8: MyGers Points needs broken down and easier to find
Votes: 177 35.0% - Issue 2: Tickets are not a main menu item on the home page
Votes: 110 21.8% - Issue 1: Upgrading Child/Concession to Adult
Votes: 108 21.4% - Issue 4: Match Fixtures/Results/Info not up to date
Votes: 94 18.6% - Issue 9: Priority Ticket Sales only viewable by eligible people
Votes: 66 13.1% - Issue 6: Club History Section
Votes: 59 11.7% - Issue 5: The Website appears 'over-optimised' for mobile devices
Votes: 57 11.3% - Issue 3: Lost Season Ticket temporary QR code
Votes: 38 7.5% - Issue 10: Seatsub
Votes: 24 4.8% - Issue 7: Detailed Bio of all Club Teams
Votes: 12 2.4% - Issue 11: Buying Matchday programmes should not be under Tickets

Next step is to present and discuss with Rangers at the feedback session today and report back on the outcome of the discussion.

So a quick update on the results, here are the following voting stats which I think are a phenomenal response in only 4 days:

505 Unique Voters
Average of 126.25 Voters per day
2.82% of 17922 registered Users voted
7.7% out of an average 6500 daily logged in Users voted

Below is all Items reordered into your priority order based on the Voting results:

Votes: 204 40.4% - Issue 8: MyGers Points needs broken down and easier to find
Votes: 177 35.0% - Issue 2: Tickets are not a main menu item on the home page
Votes: 110 21.8% - Issue 1: Upgrading Child/Concession to Adult
Votes: 108 21.4% - Issue 4: Match Fixtures/Results/Info not up to date
Votes: 94 18.6% - Issue 9: Priority Ticket Sales only viewable by eligible people
Votes: 66 13.1% - Issue 6: Club History Section
Votes: 59 11.7% - Issue 5: The Website appears 'over-optimised' for mobile devices
Votes: 57 11.3% - Issue 3: Lost Season Ticket temporary QR code
Votes: 38 7.5% - Issue 10: Seatsub
Votes: 24 4.8% - Issue 7: Detailed Bio of all Club Teams
Votes: 12 2.4% - Issue 11: Buying Matchday programmes should not be under Tickets

Next step is to present and discuss with Rangers at the feedback session today and report back on the outcome of the discussion.
Thanks @Boab Excellent work and good luck presenting it to Greg and his team.

I'm assuming the following is because, in true FollowFollow fashion, folk didn't read the post properly and voted for a single issue rather than the two they were asked to?

Thanks @Boab Excellent work and good luck presenting it to Greg and his team.

I'm assuming the following is because, in true FollowFollow fashion, folk didn't read the post properly and voted for a single issue rather than the two they were asked to?

Yes, the poll doesn't force anyone to cast both votes so this is the outcome when that happens.

I thought two votes would help as it's a decent list and everyone is usually affected by more than one of the issues.

Yes, the poll doesn't force anyone to cast both votes so this is the outcome when that happens.

I thought two votes would help as it's a decent list and everyone is usually affected by more than one of the issues.
Two votes was ideal mate. I had two issues in mind that I thought would be top two and they finished 1 and 3 so can't complain.

Which drop-in are you hoping to attend or are you just doing it on spec and deciding on the day?

Two votes was ideal mate. I had two issues in mind that I thought would be top two and they finished 1 and 3 so can't complain.

Which drop-in are you hoping to attend or are you just doing it on spec and deciding on the day?
Heading over today as can't make tomorrows session.

Unrelated maybe, but I've no idea why access to The Lounge is set at 250 posts. Isn't that excessive? I'd lower it. Or at least let us read the content...

Unrelated maybe, but I've no idea why access to The Lounge is set at 250 posts. Isn't that excessive? I'd lower it. Or at least let us read the content...
Different website LOL. And I'd say 250 is absolutely fine, we have enough zoomers in The Lounge without letting any interlopers on limited posts in there as well.

Let's face it, if a Rangers fan, on a Rangers forum, cannot find 250 things about Rangers to post then they're not trying very hard.

Be grateful you are not yet subjected to the lunacy that goes on in there.

Different website LOL. And I'd say 250 is absolutely fine, we have enough zoomers in The Lounge without letting any interlopers on limited posts in there as well.

Let's face it, if a Rangers fan, on a Rangers forum, cannot find 250 things about Rangers to post then they're not trying very hard.

Be grateful you are not yet subjected to the lunacy that goes on in there.
Fair do's. Although not sure why it is expected of everyone to post 250 times just to be able to read The Lounge, though. Some people just prefer to read than shit out the first thing that comes to mind, lol.

Fair do's. Although not sure why it is expected of everyone to post 250 times just to be able to read The Lounge, though. Some people just prefer to read than shit out the first thing that comes to mind, lol.
I wouldn't fret that you are missing anything earth-shattering. Top 5 threads currently:

Chilli Peppers at Bellahouston
Wrestling
Home Alone Reboot
New NI protocol
Dog Walking Boots

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Unless you want to take the dug a walk to Bellahouston to see the Chilli Peppers and have a wee wrestle with MCauley Caulkin down there as you discuss Brexit/NI.;)

I met with @Greg Marshall earlier and we had a good chat about the Issues we've raised here, the good news is he has already made a few key people aware of this thread and the results of the priority items we've voted on, also that a lot of the items are already on the radar and being looked at.

Greg has also told me he will be meeting with James Bisgrove to discuss all of the points raised and will feedback some of the outcomes of that meeting to me where he can. For this reason and until this meeting has taken place I currently don't have specific item updates to provide, however the big positive I've taken from today is the right people are looking at our feedback and that Greg is keen to engage and work to improve as much as he and his team can.

In the meantime while I won't create another Poll, please keep adding your feedback if different from what we have already and I'll update the OP so we can keep this as an ongoing single thread for website improvements we'd like to see.

Cheers

I met with @Greg Marshall earlier and we had a good chat about the Issues we've raised here, the good news is he has already made a few key people aware of this thread and the results of the priority items we've voted on, also that a lot of the items are already on the radar and being looked at.

Greg has also told me he will be meeting with James Bisgrove to discuss all of the points raised and will feedback some of the outcomes of that meeting to me where he can. For this reason and until this meeting has taken place I currently don't have specific item updates to provide, however the big positive I've taken from today is the right people are looking at our feedback and that Greg is keen to engage and work to improve as much as he and his team can.

In the meantime while I won't create another Poll, please keep adding your feedback if different from what we have already and I'll update the OP so we can keep this as an ongoing single thread for website improvements we'd like to see.

Cheers
Well done @Boab A couple questions.

Did Greg go over the comments and feedback or was it just the poll. I.e I showed you the comparison on other major European clubs to ours.

Was there anything else on the agenda

Well done @Boab A couple questions.

Did Greg go over the comments and feedback or was it just the poll. I.e I showed you the comparison on other major European clubs to ours.

Was there anything else on the agenda
We discussed the Poll results and the specific item detail that is on here which James Bisgrove and others now have a copy of. Greg was open and honest about some of the limitations he has and the process he has to follow to get some of these items moving which I can certainly appreciate being in an online development line of work myself. He likes some of the ideas on here and is keen to promote them and get them on the roadmap so all very positive.

We also specifically chatted about the website comparisons briefly and your particular post as well and the feedback has been noted and will be passed along with the Poll items.

Regarding other things on the Agenda, it was kept to what's in this thread. It didn't help I had taken my young kids along (3 & 4 years old) and when they got bored started to niggle at each other so definitely not a formal meeting of any sort :))

Just to add, I found out that this has been added to the My Account section of the Ticket website for Seatsub. While it hasn't got my recent SeatSub credit from the Hibs game yet it's another positive move in this area.

Also I noticed I have a MyGers points section underneath SeatSub as well even though I'm not signed up. Has that always been there?

Also I noticed I have a MyGers points section underneath SeatSub as well even though I'm not signed up. Has that always been there?

Still under the My Account bit? Nothing there for me mate below SeatSub I have Amend CCCS.

Don’t tell @Aww Skew they’ve given you 500 MyGers points and you’re not even a member. And it didn’t cost you anything. He will be raging.:)

Pretty sure this wasn't here before but it looks like there is now a new Seatsub option added to the Ticket menu items list on the main Rangers webpage, this is in addition to the image option on the right hand side of the page.

Not an actual Website Improvement as such but it seems anyone who uses SeatSub now gets a confirmation email when your seat is sold. A nice Customer experience and communication improvement this one.

It would be good if the option of 1st class or special delivery was made clearer.

I presumed that fulfilment was a paper ticket or ETicket

Maybe it could be updated to
Post (1st Class) or Post (special delivery +£7)

It would be good if the option of 1st class or special delivery was made clearer.

I presumed that fulfilment was a paper ticket or ETicket

Maybe it could be updated to
Post (1st Class) or Post (special delivery +£7)
Do you get a choice of 1st Class or Special Delivery if you click on the post option on that page?

The site needs a complete revamp

There are far to many ‘clicks’ to get to where you want to be.
Completely agree for what I would consider the main agenda items that most people visit the site for such as Tickets etc

Do you have some examples I can list that frustrate you the most?

Completely agree for what I would consider the main agenda items that most people visit the site for such as Tickets etc

Do you have some examples I can list that frustrate you the most?
The best way would be to screen record showing a step by step attempt at searching for or purchasing tickets. Its a complete ball ache.
The Rangers TV stuff is even worse. Theres times Ive pied off paying for away matches and just used “other means” as its so much easier. Potential lost revenue just because of the not so user friendly site

The system they are using (Advanced Talent) I think is outdated - it’s the same system they’ve used for years and years and just tried to build on.

As much as it’s an unwanted expensive for the club, a new system altogether would probably be needed

I just looked to see if there was any software such as Hotjar installed for them to track user actions and noticed they're not even using Google Tag Manager properly...

Big rip.

I just looked to see if there was any software such as Hotjar installed for them to track user actions and noticed they're not even using Google Tag Manager properly...

Big rip.
When you say properly do you mean it's there but not every User interaction option is tagged or something else?

When you say properly do you mean it's there but not every User interaction option is tagged or something else?

Things like the Facebook & Twitter Pixels are still hardcoded when they should be set up as tags within GTM.

Seems weird to set up GTM and still keep scripts like that hardcoded.

Especially when it can increase the speed of the website by loading them after the website has actually loaded.

The best way would be to screen record showing a step by step attempt at searching for or purchasing tickets. Its a complete ball ache.
The Rangers TV stuff is even worse. Theres times Ive pied off paying for away matches and just used “other means” as its so much easier. Potential lost revenue just because of the not so user friendly site
I agree the rtv stuff is awful, i have paid for the game and eventually found it but its certainly not crystal clear, a big fvck off button to click to watch on the same page as the payment confirmation would be idiot proof, and save loads of grief my end.
I think the people that design websites assume everyone is as geeky as them where as most of us are not so clued up, simplicity is king.

Quick update for you all, I was on the phone earlier to @Greg Marshall for an update on progress. Greg recently had a preliminary meeting with James Bisgrove and Robert Boyle who is Head of Digital to go through our list, at this stage I still can't provide a detailed update for each item as there is follow up meetings and discussions required before decisions and potential commitments can be made and openly shared. I also don't want to raise false expectations until I'm sure of what can realistically be achieved.
What I can tell you at this moment in time is some of the top voted items are on their agenda with SeatSub as an example of improvements already appearing on the website. The discussion was overall very positive and I have a good feeling that we are moving in the right direction, my next update will be when I can provide more specific details. In the meantime please post up any new suggestions as I can add them on to the list to be passed on.

Just want to add that despite everything that's being going on at the Club recently Greg hasn't lost sight of this thread and is definitely pushing it forward for us, which is greatly appreciated.

Back