Votes: 38 7.5%
  • Issue 11: Buying Matchday programmes should not be under Tickets

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boab

Official Ticketer
Update 25/04/22 - Update on a meeting I had with Rangers today See Post 187

Update 02/12/21 - Simplifying the OP post due to the 1000 character limit. I'll now list the main header with a link to the more detailed explanation on a separate post. This will help me when adding new Items or updates.

Update 13/10/21 - Update from Fan Engagement meeting with @Greg Marshall See Post 124

Update 13/10/21 - Results are in with voting stats broken down and a priority order list based on the results. See Post 115

Update 09/10/21 - I'm gong to present the feedback and poll results to Rangers at their feedback session this week. The more votes the better so please choose by Tuesday.

Over the past few months there has been a consistent amount of new threads popping up relating to issues with the Rangers website, mostly around ticket purchasing but also other comments about the presentation and navigation of it as well.

While I expect most of the feedback to be captured and catalogued on a Backlog list within the Rangers online development team, I thought it could be a good idea to start listing down what our biggest issues are and tag @Greg Marshall in so he can feed it back to them. This could then be prioritised based on the most fed back issues so they have a better idea of what we want to see change first and improve our online Customer experience.

If you can list in your own order of importance what you have an issue with and what impact it has (and suggestions of improvement if you have any) I can keep a master list in this OP for Greg and others to see so they can consider for the next website updates they do. I'm planning on attending one of the feedback sessions at Ibrox this month so will aim to bring some of the feedback to that table as well. While some issues might have a reason that we can't get the new features we want we may get an idea of why so we can put them to bed.

Issue 1: Upgrading Child/Concession to Adult - Click for detail Post 157

Issue 2: Tickets are not a main menu item on the home page - Click for detail #157 - UPDATE 30/11/21- Now live on the WebsiteB-D

Issue 3: Lost Season Ticket temporary QR code - Click for detail #157 - UPDATE - 07/10/21

Issue 4
: Match Fixtures/Results/Info not up to date - Click for detail #157

Issue 5: The Website appears 'over-optimised' for mobile devices - Click for detail #157

Issue 6: Club History Section - Click for detail #157

Issue 7: Detailed Bio of all Club Teams - Click for detail #157

Issue 8: MyGers Points needs broken down and easier to find - Click for detail #157

Issue 9: Priority Ticket Sales only viewable by eligible people - Click for detail #157

Issue 10: SeatSub (Multiple Items) - Click for detail #157

Issue 11: Buying Matchday programmes should not be under Tickets - Click for detail #157

Last edited:
I know a lot of people have problems buying/registering multiples on the ticketing website.It should be much easier to use and more user friendly.
The match ticket information need to be much more informative and kept up to date.Sometimes the only match ticket info that is available is for games that have been already played.

The design of the website is absolutely horrendous. Random panels everywhere, no logical structure, a total mess.
I did a comparison against a few websites and find ours is too big visually resulting in a lot of scrolling which isn't a great experience.

I worked in a company with a great website, the problem was we had an ever increasing marketing dept who constantly made changes and so called improvements. It was meant to be all singing and dancing and ultra modern, just like these weird hipsters just out of university who the company kept employing within the marketing dept.
The truth is 5 years ago the website was much clearer and easier to navigate.
I don't use the Rangers website as much as i used to as i feel its the exact same as the company's site. Was much better and clearer a few years ago.

The design of the website is absolutely horrendous. Random panels everywhere, no logical structure, a total mess.
The website has been 'over-optimised' for mobile devices in my view. Hence all the 'window boxes'. I can live with that design provided everything fits on screen, regardless of device.

An example - if I go to the Home page and then the three lines in the top right and click on it the drop-down menu lists a variety of things - @Boab mentions you go here looking for Tickets for example. When I do this on my iPad and iPhone I can see the entire drop-down list. The whole thing. Complete. When I do it on a 1080p desktop monitor though I can only see the top of each letter of the bottom menu item, Help and Info, and can only just click on it. That's because its optimised for the mobile devices as far as I can tell.

How about just having a list of the players? The full first team squad isn't even listed ffs never mind other players. It winds me up. It is so unprofessional. It might not be a big problem but it is severely irritating (to me anyway).

I want a full list of all players with their squad numbers. And those who are on the books and don't have a squad number. I don't need bios, or even pictures, just a fcuking list please.

How hard can that be? It would take someone an hour.

There should be a ‘History / Origins’ tab on main page with detailed history of the club and the various eras / managers / chairmen etc

There should be an ‘Ibrox tab’ on the main page , giving all information in there about the stadium / getting there / seat views etc etc

Detailed bios of the b team (at the recent Armenian away euro game we had several youth players who I didn’t know / didn’t know their position or what they looked like (just saying defender / midfield / forward isn’t detailed enough imho)

All should display the current list of directors

One login account for tickets / Rangers TV / buying anything in the shop

Fixture list- should list the day of the week, not just the 24th October date for st Mirren away for example

I could go on, the website is extremely poor in my view , should be much easier to navigate / obvious to find what your looking for in less clicks

How about just having a list of the players? The full first team squad isn't even listed ffs never mind other players. It winds me up. It is so unprofessional. It might not be a big problem but it is severely irritating (to me anyway).

I want a full list of all players with their squad numbers. And those who are on the books and don't have a squad number. I don't need bios, or even pictures, just a fcuking list please.

How hard can that be? It would take someone an hour.
Who's missing from the First Team squad mate? I'm probably missing someone bloody obvious.

There is some kind of single sign on project going on behind the scenes that likely needs to be finished as a priority; without that i'm certainly maintaining different passwords for different services (tickets, RTV).

On log-ins/ accounts, it is a real pain managing separate log-ins for my kids/ My Gers members but i'm not sure there is any easy way to fix that. It looks to me like RFC want every 'member' to have an email address; but if kids don't have/ use an email address then I end up with my same email address on multiple membership accounts - very confusing.

There needs to be some form of 'raise a customer service ticket' that generates a case that actually then gets responded to.

Registering for away games through MyGers. The link you go on to you end up having to go away from to log in. Then you go on away games it comes up no away games you then need to go into MyGers match registration. There are others.
Surely the 'easy' way is to go to the Home page and click on MyGers. That opens up the MyGers page. Then go to MyGers on the Menu bar, click on it and select Match Registration from the drop-down menu.

Timetable of when tickets will go on sale to the likes of Mygers and public sale. Right now tickets just appear at random times.

(Or disappear as right now it’s showing no home games available, Brondby and Prague have been taken offline for some reason)

Surely the 'easy' way is to go to the Home page and click on MyGers. That opens up the MyGers page. Then go to MyGers on the Menu bar, click on it and select Match Registration from the drop-down menu.
That's what I do but older people will spend ages mucking about on the link sent by the Club like I did the 1st time. A link should make it a couple of clicks, no?

That's what I do but older people will spend ages mucking about on the link sent by the Club like I did the 1st time. A link should make it a couple if clicks, no?
Of course. Ideally the link should take you straight to the Match Registration page whenever possible. That's the whole purpose after all. No idea why it doesn't - but that would be down to whoever includes the link rather than the website. Its easy done:

I'm 65 and I got it via the route I described.;):)

Of course. Ideally the link should take you straight to the Match Registration page whenever possible. That's the whole purpose after all. No idea why it doesn't - but that would be down to whoever includes the link rather than the website. Its easy done:

It just 1 example of making something that should be easy a pain in the arse.

Can someone confirm we have always had the Next Match with Ticket link showing on the home page as I've just noticed it today?

One good innovation seems to be that they now give you a notification when you login to change your CCCS card if it is soon up for expiry.

Can someone confirm we have always had the Next Match with Ticket link showing on the home page as I've just noticed it today?
I'm sure someone can confirm but, to my recollection, that's a fairly recent addition. Presently, for obvious reasons, its in relation to the B Team.

A bit off topic but the rtv app needs serious work too. A small but infuriating thing for me is having to put my email and password in every time I load it up. Every other app on my phone saves the details and just needs the face verification.

I don't remember seeing it the other day, wondering if it only appears when Tickets are available?
Maybe mate. Its not 'new' as in last few days though, I've seen it before earlier this season but can't remember when. I'm sure it wasn't there either last season or at the beginning of this though.

Somebody is going to come along now and tell us it's been there for the last X years ha ha.:)

A new customer service head was appointed recently I was told at the weekend and website/ticketing improvements are in the process of being made.
They will hopefully love this thread then :)

There should be no need for any MyGers member who is on CCC and semi and final preference to register for tickets. Names should go straight into a ballot for the allocated tickets for bronze, silver or gold membership.

I know a lot of people have problems buying/registering multiples on the ticketing website.It should be much easier to use and more user friendly.
See this part, do you mean if they have Friends & Family set up?

The website has been 'over-optimised' for mobile devices in my view. Hence all the 'window boxes'. I can live with that design provided everything fits on screen, regardless of device.

An example - if I go to the Home page and then the three lines in the top right and click on it the drop-down menu lists a variety of things - @Boab mentions you go here looking for Tickets for example. When I do this on my iPad and iPhone I can see the entire drop-down list. The whole thing. Complete. When I do it on a 1080p desktop monitor though I can only see the top of each letter of the bottom menu item, Help and Info, and can only just click on it. That's because its optimised for the mobile devices as far as I can tell.
I noticed the exact same thing with the Help & Info when viewing on a PC.

I don’t use the website often, but the experience of buying MyGers and recently a Virtual Mascot ticket was absolutely terrible.
I don't have MyGers, can you describe what caused you issues?

Took me an age to find out where my current MyGers points total was, it’s all very illogical.
Is it ok to describe where it is and the difficulty you had to find them as I don't have MyGers?

A good example of an issue here is I was able open that link without Log In and see what was on the page, could still see it when Logged In and have it in my Basket. This should be blocked until you're logged in and recognised as MyGers. Similar issue with the recent Old Firm game which was causing Tickets to be reserved by people who weren't eligible.

See this part, do you mean if they have Friends & Family set up?
Yeah,I have seen posts from people who have difficulty buying or doing ticket registrations in a single transaction for themselves and friends/family members.
Could be a more user friendly process.

Is it ok to describe where it is and the difficulty you had to find them as I don't have MyGers?
It was so painful and convoluted I really can’t recall. I’ll try and log in again later and see if I can describe the process.

Nope I’ve tried and can’t get back to it. I screen grabbed it earlier but for the life of me I can’t find MyGers total again. Why is it just not under account information? Utter pain in the airse.

Should say trying to access this on an iPhone.

Great idea to have one consolidated list.

I do think the person responsible for the website should be fired however.

It’s like the catering, so far away from where it needs to be, it’s not worth investing in the current incumbent

Barely use it these days.

A poor site in all honesty.

When you put it alongside things like catering, matchday experience, the mega mix CD, ticketing operation, communications - it's just consistently poor stuff from the club when it comes to the tools and offerings to fans.

Feels like the fans are an afterthought.

Club need to be much better at a number of things.

Last edited:
The notifications on the Rangers app are too slow for goal alerts. If live score can do it quickly then surely our own app can

The notifications on the Rangers app are too slow for goal alerts. If live score can do it quickly then surely our own app can
I normally get mine from Rangers just after watching the goal scored on RangersTV. And that’s the way I like it.

Can you buy child tickets online? Any time I've looked it seems to be option for adult only, even in the family stand.

The website has always been poor even from the initial 'premiumtv' clone site days.

Back