Rhys McCabe new Airdrie manager

Wow, that’s a bit young to be a manager. I am
Sure his aunt is Shelley kerr ,I bet she can assist with his coaching methods.

His cousin Callum Fordyce, also 29, is player/assistant.

Mental from Airdrie but good luck to him.

He was less than complimentary to Rangers fans in 2013.

Some shite on twitter.

Enjoy Division 3 whilst I’m playing in the Championship…

He was a wee jumped up prick back then.

Maybe he’s matured.

He didn’t sign him contract either (rightly or wrongly).

Little rat bastard.

Hope he gets pumped.
897OQ8j.gif

A little rat but at least he's realised he can't stay fit enough to play professional football.

Bold move from airdrie, might encourage other teams to take more risks rather than cycle through the same pool of old poor managers like yogi Hughes etc

FFS! All the best to him, but the idea that I'm now not only older than most of the players, but also some football managers, gives me some existential fear :eek: :))
It was a sad day when I realised that some players in the Rangers squad were younger than me.

It's now even worse because if Davis and Shagger do chuck it this summer - I'll officially feel old :(

Some shite on twitter.

Maybe he’s matured.

In that case feck him. Hope he fails miserably in all he attempts.
Obviously not a real Bluenose coming out with that shite...

i really don't know how i feel about this appointment, it's a big risk in a division that will be brutal next season but he played well this season and likes to play football on the deck rather than kick and rush hopefully it works out, as another poster pointed out i'm just glad we avoided the usual merry go round managers, something a bit different might work

My next door neighbour is an Airdrie fan. Will need to check out what he’s saying to it. He follows them home and away.

It was a sad day when I realised that some players in the Rangers squad were younger than me.

It's now even worse because if Davis and Shagger do chuck it this summer - I'll officially feel old :(
I'm not quite that bad. Still have those two plus Arfield, McLaughlin and Balogun above me.

Still feels surreal being older than the Rangers captain. Think my chances of being our star striker are almost over :(

“Good luck to him”

Eh.

My abiding memory of McCabe is when he played for Sheff Wed and we were giving him pellets at the hillsborough friendly in 2013

He got the Raith job ahead of Kevin Thomson.

Saw someone say on twitter Airdrie only have 3 players signed up for next season so not an easy start for McCabe.
it happens every year build a team for one season and hopefully it works out, only good thing is dunfermline and falkirk are in the same mess

Some shite on twitter.

Maybe he’s matured.

Any proof of this?

Some shite on twitter.

Maybe he’s matured.

He had a good end if season with us after administration.
Sure he was man of the match against then when we beat them to stop them winning the league at Ibrox.
Then he thought he was better than he was amd refused to TUPE over.

He had a good end if season with us after administration.
Sure he was man of the match against then when we beat them to stop them winning the league at Ibrox.
Then he thought he was better than he was amd refused to TUPE over.
Struggle to get annoyed at a guy who was young at the time and will have been advised by people around him. His career has ended up with the dizzying heights of Sligo Rovers and Airdrie so we didn’t exactly miss out on much.

Him and Ness tuped over.

I've enjoyed watching their decline.

Two players I thought would have decent careers with us but like many others they leave hoping for bigger and better things then eventually disappear and next time you hear of them they are playing in the lower leagues of Scottish football.

Back