Rhys McCabe new Airdrie manager

He had a good end if season with us after administration.
Sure he was man of the match against then when we beat them to stop them winning the league at Ibrox.
Then he thought he was better than he was amd refused to TUPE over.

I can understand why, as a highly thought of young player and with doubts about Charles Green's motives, he didn't sign over. It annoyed me at the time given his injury record over his time with us, but that's football.

It was him trying to goad our fans on social media after he'd left that bothered me more. I know he was getting abuse from trolls, but would still have expected better than telling us to enjoy the third division etc.

Struggle to get annoyed at a guy who was young at the time and will have been advised by people around him. His career has ended up with the dizzying heights of Sligo Rovers and Airdrie so we didn’t exactly miss out on much.
I struggle with it myself. Aside from Naismith I don't really hold it against them. They could have tuped over and got a fee but we've discovered especially in the last 10 years that football is nowhere near as simple as that.

Naismith can still take a flying %^*& to himself. That'll be my position on that little rat until I'm in my grave.

i really don't know how i feel about this appointment, it's a big risk in a division that will be brutal next season but he played well this season and likes to play football on the deck rather than kick and rush hopefully it works out, as another poster pointed out i'm just glad we avoided the usual merry go round managers, something a bit different might work
Shit, a bit of sense on here ad it had to come from a supporter of another club,

Bloody hell! I genuinely cannot even remember this boys name far less him playing for us. As someone who can pick out Jani Kappilla or William Stanger in a photo I feel that must be saying something about him or more worrying something about me o_O

I struggle with it myself. Aside from Naismith I don't really hold it against them. They could have tuped over and got a fee but we've discovered especially in the last 10 years that football is nowhere near as simple as that.

Naismith can still take a flying %^*& to himself. That'll be my position on that little rat until I'm in my grave.
Don’t forget to add Whittaker to that. The only ex ger I dispose more than Ian Black.

Bring back Broomfield, the Section B, and Lord Alexander McDonald.

Airdrie fans didn't want a ground that sounds like a call for superpowers from some steroid-esque arsehole in a Japanese-made, badly-English-dubbed, cartoon that has action figures, and is watched by the sort of horrible wee bastard who makes the entire case for abortion, and will probably go on to like that Yank-wank wrestling.

I've been in it once. Motherwell and a shower of albinos. Not as bad as Battle of the Planets, but not significantly better either.

Bring back Broomfield, the Section B, and Lord Alexander McDonald.

Airdrie fans didn't want a ground that sounds like a call for superpowers from some steroid-esque arsehole in a Japanese-made, badly-English-dubbed, cartoon that has action figures, and is watched by the sort of horrible wee bastard who makes the entire case for abortion, and will probably go on to like that Yank-wank wrestling.

I've been in it once. Motherwell and a shower of albinos. Not as bad as Battle of the Planets, but not significantly better either.

Is it back to Excelsior again? Penny Cars taxis were sponsoring it a wee while ago.
Broomfield was iconic and ripped the heart out the town when it was gone

ground.jpg

Wee dick.

Glad your career didn't amount to much on the playing field. Mugged us right off and the way he spoke about us on social media was disgusting.

Seems to have worked out fell for ye wee man, wrapped the playing career and now coaching.

Hope it goes Pete Tong.

THis won't end well. He's not old enough or experienced enough to have the players respect. He'll be gone by Xmas.

He was less than complimentary to Rangers fans in 2013.

Some shite on twitter.

Enjoy Division 3 whilst I’m playing in the Championship…

He was a wee jumped up prick back then.

Maybe he’s matured.

He didn’t sign him contract either (rightly or wrongly).
To be fair. It could well have been in reply to some utter shit they was headed in his direction. In fact, it probably was.

Wow, that’s a bit young to be a manager. I am
Sure his aunt is Shelley kerr ,I bet she can assist with his coaching methods.
After McCann, the most insightful pundit on tv.
(Boyd and McCoist trump them but for different reasons.)
If she could get her message over to the players, she’d do alright.
Back to McCabe, I’m still not comfortable with the way he left us so am a wee bit indifferent regarding his success.

He had a good end if season with us after administration.
Sure he was man of the match against then when we beat them to stop them winning the league at Ibrox.
Then he thought he was better than he was amd refused to TUPE over.

Up there with Kyle Hutton vs. Man United as one of the most mythical and overrated individual Rangers performances ever.

Up there with Kyle Hutton vs. Man United as one of the most mythical and overrated individual Rangers performances ever.
We had a weak side out against Celtic.
He had a good game for a young kid in such a big game.
What's mythical about it?
Nobody said he was played like Iniesta.

Don’t forget to add Whittaker to that. The only ex ger I dispose more than Ian Black.
Whittaker was crying his heart out in fairness to him but he's a walker now as well anyway.

Just can't understand Naismith, who grew up going to our games, could hit out with what he did and completely burn his bridges. Prick.

THis won't end well. He's not old enough or experienced enough to have the players respect. He'll be gone by Xmas.
He's only been there a year too. Truly bizarre.

Maybe he's getting to spearhead a clear out and bring in his own players.

When he left he confirmed that he was a Rangers fan. So let’s give the lads break and wish him well. His breakthrough game was the Old Firm in 2012 and he was brilliant.

Back